FF agreed value insurance - latest market prices

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Per

FF agreed value insurance - latest market prices

Post by Per »

I have a running battle with my Norwegian insurer on value. What are the latest verifiable auction or public sale results?
Per
Not only English cars these days, an Italian is part of the stable again 8)
RAP72
V8 Lover

Re: FF agreed value insurance - latest market prices

Post by RAP72 »

Per

I seem to be always advising the use of the Hagerty Valuation Tool as a starter . Not sure what year or condition of your car or what you are valuing your car at but, I believe Hagerty use recent sales to inform the valuation tool and, to me, this seems to reflect the current values http://apps.hagerty.com/ukvaluation/ind ... Backlink=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

U.K. Of course but they have a USA site too.
Per

Post by Per »

Problem is the rather uneducated provincial people in my insurance company do not accept the Hagerty values :evil:
Per
DaveT
JOC 541 Registrar

Post by DaveT »

Hi Steve, correct me if I have got this wrong, but I could not find anything about FFs on the UK Hagerty website valuation tool?

Dave (not an FF owner!)
Dave Turnage
Colchester

JOC 8674
JOC 541 Registrar
541S, 100/1061
541R, 6002/387 (now in lots of pieces!)
Alvis speed 25 DHC
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

DaveT wrote:Hi Steve, correct me if I have got this wrong, but I could not find anything about FFs on the UK Hagerty website valuation tool?

Dave (not an FF owner!)
Hagerty.jpg
Hagerty.jpg (84.84 KiB) Viewed 3264 times
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
DaveT
JOC 541 Registrar

Post by DaveT »

Ok, I obviously need to put my other glasses on!
Dave Turnage
Colchester

JOC 8674
JOC 541 Registrar
541S, 100/1061
541R, 6002/387 (now in lots of pieces!)
Alvis speed 25 DHC
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Per wrote:I have a running battle with my Norwegian insurer on value. What are the latest verifiable auction or public sale results?
What value are you asking for and what value are they suggesting?
There is a bit of a problem here as there a very few verifiable sales of FFs. The few that do come on the market tend to be at dealers or change hands privately. They don't go through the auction houses. Recent dealer asking prices have been in the £125,000 - £175,000 range. What price did they achieve? Only the dealer and buyer knows. They have been discussed in the forum I think, perhaps you could contact the dealers involved, explain the problem, and ask if they would be willing to certify, in confidence and only directly to your insurer so you don't see it, the sale price to establish for your insurer a benchmark to work from. Zac also sold his FF recently for I believe a reasonable price, I think that was a private sale but perhaps your insurer might accept a statement from him as an indication. Whether that would be in line with the value you want for yours I don't know.
As far as I know there have been no FF's through auctions this year. Also no good running FFs through ebay this year either. There have been 3 real basket cases gone through on ebay in the last few months one of which achieved about £11,000 I think.
The last 2 ebay sales of running and working FFs that I remember happened sometime in 2016. One sold for around £60,000 and the other sold for £67,500 but the market for all Jensens has gone up significantly over 2016 and 2017 so today those prices would probably be significantly higher. I don't know how good the 2 cars were.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
shaun

Post by shaun »

Just tried the Hegarty valuation tool for an FF.
Whilst an FF tag is shown, clicking on it gets you only a spinning sunflower or something similar.
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

Here you Mr Chairman
Attachments
image.png
image.png (218.19 KiB) Viewed 3203 times
Jens
Dr. Umlaut & Area Rep for Germany

Post by Jens »

A spinning sunflower.

Probably time for the Chairman to change his avatar.

In order of appearance:

(sold) C-V8 Mk III 112/2432
541 S 102/1035
(sold) FF MkII 127/243 (sold)
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
(sold)Jensen GT 1610/30257(sold)
Scimitar GTE SE5
Gordon Keeble #21
Jens
Dr. Umlaut & Area Rep for Germany

Post by Jens »

Back to the topic:

Chris is quite accurate with the figures and sold FFs or the ones on offer.

I think an FF in reasonable driving condition, no MOT advisories (or a German TÜV) should be valued not under 120.000 € in 2018. Problem is, you won‘t find anyone telling you what they got for their car and there is no real market.

SPs are now selling for more than 75k now, so take the special status of the FF and add 50% and that should be a decent guess. Absolute top cars another 50% up.
In order of appearance:

(sold) C-V8 Mk III 112/2432
541 S 102/1035
(sold) FF MkII 127/243 (sold)
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
(sold)Jensen GT 1610/30257(sold)
Scimitar GTE SE5
Gordon Keeble #21
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

My FF was advertised and sold by Pale Classics (run by ex-chairman Paul Lewi Lewis) in Spring 2016. The asking price was £125,000, I took an offer of £112,500. I may well have got a higher offer but was happy with that especially as it meant I then had some beer money for the Turin trip :-)

At the time I thought the car was worth around the £80,000 so was glad I spoke to Lewi :-)

I know there was a very nice FF sold prior to mine for £95,000.

My car was one of the best having had a complete restoration by the guru that is Colin Holley.

I also know of an ongoing restoration project that went for a very good price, I don't want to quote the price here without the owner's permission.

Before anyone expects a big round of drinks from me, Andy and Kevin have found yet more wrong with my C-V8 so looks like I will be broke again :-(
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Per

Post by Per »

Thanks gents (and in particular the concrete info from you Zac). So far the insurers have been unwilling to accept Hagerty although thse cars are intervnational goods now (and I still have UK paperwork for mine).
Per

Return to “General Discussion”