"should go up in value"

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Tim SP
JOC Interceptor Variants Registrar

Re: "should go up in value"

Post by Tim SP »

Funny old game- I still covet everything I did when small, the Kings that were utterly untenable to consider, esp if you didn't have much.
The idea of a Aston, Jensen, in fact a 5 year old Magnum was dream-time when I was a wee lad, but I had the greatest childhood- was without money.....

On route to Fort william with Magnum & hovis caravan (that dad borrowed money & worked seemingly every night & weekend to pay back nanny & Grandad, outside his then shite box job on the Greenwich council-bandit country as he was/is an Essex lad) I was woken to see his dream cars, an Interceptor steaming up the M1, an AMV8 right up its arse, they obviously were taking it serious, dad could see the Jensen steaming up, didn't know his offer fav car ever until it passed us.
I have never forgot that, also how I only ever knew either from there perfectly formed rear ends!!

Still VX490, Magnum, Marina tc, our caravans, dads first ever van a Bedford CF2300 (which I still, being sad have the keys for!) all I still love & would have everyone back- esp If I were Jay Leno!
I would have dads only ever to date ever new car, a Renault 20TX- what a car I took for granted, the most comfy car, the most usable & the best car my family ever ever owned or has owned.

AGX 398Y- how funny the number plates you recall!!
Attachments
IMG_1187.JPG
IMG_1187.JPG (190.18 KiB) Viewed 840 times
IMG_1185.JPG
IMG_1185.JPG (162.47 KiB) Viewed 840 times
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Brilliant Timo, another bullshitter time, i also had a renault 20 ts lesser trim model in a horrible green with tan cloth interior get this swapped it with my older brother for his 69 barracuda fastback it had broke its o/s front chassis leg common problem on converted to rhd barracudas where a codge up job steering box got bolted through, have to agree that era renault were ultra comfy my bosses brother had two renault 30 tx first a white one pressed steel racy wheels it rotted in to the ground the next a late metallic blue one blue interior i thought that car was the bollax v6 auto it went well had factory ally wheels with trx tyres on it,,

keep em comin son,, i also did not have a pot to pee in, i lived in a old static caravan that we used as a shed for old transmission cores at the back of the garage the old boss was good to me, having got thrown out of my 1 room bedsit for fightin, :roll: :roll: :roll: :D :D

the young guns would die now gettin up for work surrounded by old transmissions n stepping in to bleeding transmission fluid bare footed ha ha,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Grant

Post by Grant »

Tim SP wrote:Funny old game- I still covet everything I did when small, the Kings that were utterly untenable to consider, esp if you didn't have much.
The idea of a Aston, Jensen, in fact a 5 year old Magnum was dream-time when I was a wee lad, but I had the greatest childhood- was without money.....

On route to Fort william with Magnum & hovis caravan (that dad borrowed money & worked seemingly every night & weekend to pay back nanny & Grandad, outside his then shite box job on the Greenwich council-bandit country as he was/is an Essex lad) I was woken to see his dream cars, an Interceptor steaming up the M1, an AMV8 right up its arse, they obviously were taking it serious, dad could see the Jensen steaming up, didn't know his offer fav car ever until it passed us.
I have never forgot that, also how I only ever knew either from there perfectly formed rear ends!!

Still VX490, Magnum, Marina tc, our caravans, dads first ever van a Bedford CF2300 (which I still, being sad have the keys for!) all I still love & would have everyone back- esp If I were Jay Leno!
I would have dads only ever to date ever new car, a Renault 20TX- what a car I took for granted, the most comfy car, the most usable & the best car my family ever ever owned or has owned.

AGX 398Y- how funny the number plates you recall!!
cannonball wrote:Brilliant Timo, another bullshitter time, i also had a renault 20 ts lesser trim model in a horrible green with tan cloth interior get this swapped it with my older brother for his 69 barracuda fastback it had broke its o/s front chassis leg common problem on converted to rhd barracudas where a codge up job steering box got bolted through, have to agree that era renault were ultra comfy my bosses brother had two renault 30 tx first a white one pressed steel racy wheels it rotted in to the ground the next a late metallic blue one blue interior i thought that car was the bollax v6 auto it went well had factory ally wheels with trx tyres on it,,

keep em comin son,, i also did not have a pot to pee in, i lived in a old static caravan that we used as a shed for old transmission cores at the back of the garage the old boss was good to me, having got thrown out of my 1 room bedsit for fightin, :roll: :roll: :roll: :D :D

the young guns would die now gettin up for work surrounded by old transmissions n stepping in to bleeding transmission fluid bare footed ha ha,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
===
Two really lovely stories there ^^^^^^^^of child hood times, Many people say that happiest times they had were times when they had no money,Image, for me >>> Image, I remember being 17ish and it was xmas day, I was in a bedsit with a Tenna.. Image, I went and spent over half of it on a bottle of black tower, 10 Bensons and a packet of Rizla's!!Image.. then made myself Image.. :? thats my memories and being potless :cry: Image... Not GoodImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage

Return to “General Discussion”