Surface rust beneath the sills

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
ginger_dave

Surface rust beneath the sills

Post by ginger_dave »

Hi folks,

Since the restoration of my Interceptor, surface rust has appeared on the blades beneath the sills. Not sure ‘blades’ is the right word. I mean the thin but tough metal strips beneath that run from the front to back wheels.

With winter coming on, I wondered if anyone could suggest a treatment. A rust converter and then hammerite?

Also, do any members have a trick for keeping the actual sills rust-free? I was thinking of squirting WD40 through the drainage holes....

Many thanks, in advance.

D
Grant

Re: Surface rust beneath the sills

Post by Grant »

Get some waxoil inside them Dave :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Re: Surface rust beneath the sills

Post by Steve Payne »

Sorry to disagree with you Grant but Waxoil is old hat.

This is what I would recomend.
https://www.bilthamber.com/corrosion-pr ... s/dynax-uc
It goes in like penetrating oil and creeps and goes between the joints and then goes off, once it has gone off it will also self heal scratches.

For underbody protection the UB product is very good.

Each can comes with a long interchangable tube so you can get into all the hard to reach areas.

I would suggest if you do the hole car, 3 or 4 tins of Dynax UC should be plenty and a couple of tins of UB.

Dont forget to remove the drain bungs in the hatch and put some UC in there, make sure you put plenty of card and newspaper around when you apply this as it makes a big mess if it drips out.

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer

Return to “General Discussion”