Pilkington Classics UK closing?

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
felixkk

Pilkington Classics UK closing?

Post by felixkk »

And being moved to Finland? Many of the lesser sold windshields won't be available anymore? Taken from FB
https://www.facebook.com/oldtimerspezia ... 4737970905" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
IMG_0809.JPG
IMG_0809.JPG (127.06 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
IMG_0811.JPG
IMG_0811.JPG (153.93 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
felixkk

Re: Pilkington Classics UK closing?

Post by felixkk »

Good news. I just received a note from Shaun (thank you for taking up the issue!) with the response from Pilkington:

Sent: 07 August 2017 14:51
To: Shaun Winfield
Subject: FW: Jensen cars glass

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for the email, let me start by confirming that we have no plans to scrap any of the Jensen tooling at all.

You are quite right though we are in the process of moving our production over to Finland, from now until December we will continue to transfer the range of tooling we have here in Kent over to the new facility where they will continue to produce in the same way as we have.

I have listed below all of the models we will be moving across, those highlighted in yellow are actually already in Finland.
image003 Kopie.jpg
image003 Kopie.jpg (110.96 KiB) Viewed 2441 times
As you can imagine we have a very large range of parts and in some cases we are reviewing the likely future requirements of some of them, in reality we will have to remove some of the tooling from our range but before we would look to do this we would offer a stock build option to any customers, but please let me reiterate that we have no plans to remove any Jensen parts from range at all.

In regard to future orders you can still contact us in the UK and place orders in the same way as today, its only the production location that will change, lead times and pricing will remain the same.

I hope that answers your questions? If not please let me know and ill do my best to answer for you.

Best Regards

Nick Gardiner
General Manager
Pilkington Automotive Queenborough[/color]

Sent: 07 August 2017 08:31
To: Classics
Subject: Jensen cars glass

Good morning,

I am the chairman of the Jensen Owners’ Club and I have been made aware that your production of glass for classic cars is being transferred to Finland.

I understand that certain parts will no longer be available.

Could you please advise if the various items listed on your web site for several different Jensen models will continue?

If the production of glass for Jensen models will not be continued, would there be a possibility of the tooling being made available to the owners club?

Regards

Shaun Winfield
Chairman
Jensen Owners’ Club
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Well done Shaun.

And if you need a glass for a P66 you need the permission of a Mr Chapman.
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Finland seems an odd choice of location to move to, it's not known for being big in the Classic Car business. I wonder if this is a Brexit driven move with Finland still in the EU.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Jens
Dr. Umlaut & Area Rep for Germany

Post by Jens »

Finland?

Odd?

Nope:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=baHsoEAAMZU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In order of appearance:

(sold) C-V8 Mk III 112/2432
541 S 102/1035
(sold) FF MkII 127/243 (sold)
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
(sold)Jensen GT 1610/30257(sold)
Scimitar GTE SE5
Gordon Keeble #21
DerekCV8

Post by DerekCV8 »

Pilkington have already been in touch with me regarding the P66 windscreen!! Plans in place for a few spares!!
Derek Chapman

Return to “General Discussion”