The mighty SP

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Tim SP
JOC Interceptor Variants Registrar

The mighty SP

Post by Tim SP »

Calling all SP'ers! I have/am/are collecting any & all info on this model.
To go together with the club's archive,with a veiw to becoming THE definitive guide to what is Jensen,s 'Vantage'
Its about time we put all the B.S to bed on this car! Any & all info on cars past/present & any tech stuff etc is all good. The Jensen SP, Should (in my opinion) be kept seperate to its Interceptor brother much like the FF. And deserves its own place. All hail the mighty SP!!
Seb

Post by Seb »

Hi Tim

I purchased an original roadtest report from 1972 on the SP off ebay recently, Motor I think. Perhaps the JOC mag should run it as they have for other models recently?

Let me know if you want a copy

Cheers

Seb
JHV8

SP's Kept separate?

Post by JHV8 »

Hi Tim you would think that as you are well on the way to collecting every one of them for yourself. :lol:

Rob
16 valves but 4 extra pistons.

Rob d'Eca
JH-V8 - 13296
JOC No. 8081

https://www.printwell.london/deca/

Wallace

Post by Wallace »

I have obtained a couple of American books on the 440 engine and they contain a couple of interesting facts about the 6 pack engine. I was lead to believe only the SP's had a forged crank but it doesn't seem so and not all the conrods were the same either.

Regards, Mike

Return to “General Discussion”