The Jensen Owners' Club A technical and discussion forum for all Jensen enthusiasts It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:09 pm

General Discussion

The mighty SP

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.

by Tim SP » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:16 pm

Calling all SP'ers! I have/am/are collecting any & all info on this model.
To go together with the club's archive,with a veiw to becoming THE definitive guide to what is Jensen,s 'Vantage'
Its about time we put all the B.S to bed on this car! Any & all info on cars past/present & any tech stuff etc is all good. The Jensen SP, Should (in my opinion) be kept seperate to its Interceptor brother much like the FF. And deserves its own place. All hail the mighty SP!!
Tim SP
JOC Interceptor Variants Registrar

by Seb » Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:24 pm

Hi Tim

I purchased an original roadtest report from 1972 on the SP off ebay recently, Motor I think. Perhaps the JOC mag should run it as they have for other models recently?

Let me know if you want a copy

Cheers

Seb
Seb

by JHV8 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:39 pm

Hi Tim you would think that as you are well on the way to collecting every one of them for yourself. :lol:

Rob
16 valves but 4 extra pistons.

Rob d'Eca
JH-V8 - 13296
JOC No. 8081

http://www.design-well.co.uk/deca

JHV8

by Wallace » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:07 am

I have obtained a couple of American books on the 440 engine and they contain a couple of interesting facts about the 6 pack engine. I was lead to believe only the SP's had a forged crank but it doesn't seem so and not all the conrods were the same either.

Regards, Mike
Wallace

Return to General Discussion