HAPPY birthday

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
rolando38

HAPPY birthday

Post by rolando38 »

Hello

It's been a year since I joined the joyful bunch of fellows on this forum in search of an Interceptor
Thanks to the JOC and some of you I found it and ever since that day I not only enjoyed restoring it but also enjoy to have the help of knowledgeable and enthusiast members
In a way, it feels like being a new member of a family
So just wanted to raise my glass and say thank you for the pleasure of belonging to such a special club

PS : the only disappointment I had is when I was told that in order to register it in France I would have to pay a tax (proportional to its power) of around 1000€
Ouch... :o
Keith

Re: HAPPY birthday

Post by Keith »

rolando38 wrote:Hello

It's been a year since I joined the joyful bunch of fellows on this forum in search of an Interceptor
Thanks to the JOC and some of you I found it and ever since that day I not only enjoyed restoring it but also enjoy to have the help of knowledgeable and enthusiast members
In a way, it feels like being a new member of a family
So just wanted to raise my glass and say thank you for the pleasure of belonging to such a special club
That's why the forum was started! Glad you have found it such a useful resource.

Can't help you with the 1000 euros though!
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
R.D. Sigi Herring

Post by R.D. Sigi Herring »

C'mon, you could be radical..:-) :D
Save yourself £500 a year,....and run it on UK number plates.
Come to Blighty for some spares 1x a year, get an MOT & Insure for £100.

Just a thought.
CURRENT GARAGE
An entertaining collection of British & German bits of metal, that are now being sold off.
JOC Nr. 10180
rolando38

Post by rolando38 »

Thankfully the 1000€ is a one off payment not a yearly fee !
hlequippe

Post by hlequippe »

I would guess driving from Grenoble to UK and back for MOT once a year would probably cost near 1000£
Hervé Lequippe
Paris, France
Int III 133/5767 1972 Grey/Red interior
Triumph Spitfire 1500FH 1976 White/black
Porsche 911 993 CarreraS 1997 Blue/Grey
Triumph Spitfire Works Le Mans 1964/1965 "ADU3B" (Project)
Peugeot 206 cc 2001 Silver Grey/Blue
Kevin Birch

Post by Kevin Birch »

hlequippe wrote:I would guess driving from Grenoble to UK and back for MOT once a year would probably cost near 1000£
Don't forget quite a few of us did Grenoble to the UK last year, the cost would be roughly the same, BUT you would be spending the money on the drive, the fantastic experience and enjoyment, rather than giving it to the chinless beaurocrats :)

Roland, glad you are enjoying your Jensen experience, I too have found this forum one of the best in the classic world, and the people I've met really friendly. You will eventually put faces to names, but it does take a while, I'm still struggling after 3 years.
My Toys: Lotus Cortina MK2.RangeRover P38, Yam inflatable, Saab 9-3 Convertible.
Mk1 Interceptor, 115/3067

Return to “General Discussion”