Jensen accountant

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
mikebyrne

Jensen accountant

Post by mikebyrne »

My sister knows the accountant who was with Jensen for a few years. He is on the committee of the camera club she is a member of.
Guess a lot of members would like to ask him a few searching questions ??
Mike.
Early Jensen Enthusiast
aka The Ozard of Wix.
Has owned:
Jensen PWA 10 2538 LGX 774 1950
Jensen 541 PWX 164 chassis no. 22/5206
541 alloy bodied prototype.
several other 541's
Indian 101Scout
JOC member number 2
Len Jackson was number 1
ajm541s

Re: Jensen accountant

Post by ajm541s »

Hello Mike, which one would that be? There were four during my seven year period at the factory! PM if you like and I will respect confidentiality
Tony Marshall
JML 1967-74

JOC 7828
Michael Richardson

Post by Michael Richardson »

Tony. Of the four you refer to,I can only assume that one was Robert Edmiston who moved on from JML/JPS to create International Motors,which became a major importer/distributor of vehicles from the far east,and he,of course, a very rich man.Correct me if I am wrong,but funding for the IMG was originally supplied by Kjell Quvale.? (please excuse the spelling)
mikebyrne

Post by mikebyrne »

My sister informs me that he is Barry Collins
Mike.
Early Jensen Enthusiast
aka The Ozard of Wix.
Has owned:
Jensen PWA 10 2538 LGX 774 1950
Jensen 541 PWX 164 chassis no. 22/5206
541 alloy bodied prototype.
several other 541's
Indian 101Scout
JOC member number 2
Len Jackson was number 1
ajm541s

Post by ajm541s »

Michael Richardson wrote:Tony. Of the four you refer to,I can only assume that one was Robert Edmiston who moved on from JML/JPS to create International Motors,which became a major importer/distributor of vehicles from the far east,and he,of course, a very rich man.Correct me if I am wrong,but funding for the IMG was originally supplied by Kjell Quvale.? (please excuse the spelling)
Quite correct. Bob Edmiston came to us from Chrysler UK as Works Manager, I think in 1973. He persuaded Kjell Qvale, who by 1975 had had enough of trying to deal with the trade unions, to ditch Jensen and take on the Subaru franchise for the UK. JML was split into three companies: JML, Jensen Parts and Service and Jensen Special Products, and JML was put into voluntary liquidation, but not before all production equipment and all other assets had been transferred to JMSP. I do not know the exact details but I remember Jimmy Branson (remember him?) told me that Bob had made a killing on property dealings in the move of International Motors to new premises. International Motors was a joint Qvale/Edmiston operation, probably until Kjell got involved with Mangusta.
Kjell's autobiography, 'I Never look back', is well worth reading and careful choosing can produce copies for less that the £40 pounds often asked! My copy disappeared from a recent show, but another is on its way.

BTW, there were two of us Marshalls at JML, myself as Sales/Marketing Manager and Ian as Tech Service Manager, who went on the be Isuzu Sales Director.
Tony Marshall
JML 1967-74

JOC 7828
Michael Richardson

Post by Michael Richardson »

Thank you Tony. I will look to source that book,preferably not from the US,where I assume it was published. I believe I picked you out in my centre spread of the Oct 2013 JOC mag,but please excuse me if I got it wrong !

Return to “General Discussion”