Brake Pedal

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Grant

Brake Pedal

Post by Grant »

I have made another clutch pedal recently for my newer MK2 ready for another manual conversion, I make them from old Interceptor brake pedals, I then cut down the larger Auto brake pedal foot pad and make two smaller pads .. one for the brake and one for the clutch... but... something that has troubled my mind and I would be interested to know the answer to is this....
Why do RHD Automatic Interceptors have a large foot pad on the brake, and yet LHD Interceptors have a small foot pad on the brake?..
Does anyone know why that is? .. I know it may seem a pointless question to most, but I want to know why that is?.. thank you for listening :P
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Frankoid

Re: Brake Pedal

Post by Frankoid »

Hi Grant. I dont know but I know this...... All FF's MkI,II & III are RHD and all have the small brake pedal :?
Grant

Post by Grant »

Frankoid wrote:Hi Grant. I dont know but I know this...... All FF's MkI,II & III are RHD and all have the small brake pedal :?
Ahh yes Francis... you are correct ... I wonder why they used large and small then :?
Steady on the way passed the church!! :P
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
slotcarone

Post by slotcarone »

My guess is there is a smaller footbox on the right side maybe due to the transmission shape?
1972 Interceptor III
133-5612
Stig

Post by Stig »

Indeed the footboxes are different, not only in width but also in height. When renovating my LHD Int. III I wanted to replace the bracket holding the brake servo, so got one from REJEN, obviously from a RHD car, cleaned and painted it - only to discover that the RHD model is at least one inch lower than the LHD.
Checking the empty engine bay the left side was clearly lower than the right side !
Stig Jensen
JOC 9768

-----------
'20 Audi A4 2,0 T Quattro
'89 Porsche 964 C4
'98 RR 4,6 HSE, modified for offroad use
'73 Int III J, near n & b job completed 2013
Richard Calver

Post by Richard Calver »

Page 265 of the originality guide shows the different pedals and arms for LHD/RHD accelerator and brake.
JOC member 3551
Canberra, Oz
4¼ Litre H4/9103
http://www.richardcalver.com
tfmuch@bigpond.com

Return to “General Discussion”