Photobucket

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Re: Photobucket

Post by Steve Payne »

I'm not sure how long it will last and whether PB will get wise to this loophole and block it later, but currently, if you add ~original into the photobucket code that you paste into a forum thread to display a picture, it will show the picture unblocked.

You need to insert ~original after the bit that says .jpg and before the bit that says [/IMG]

So in other words it should look like this

.jpg~original[/IMG]

If you go and edit your pictures in your posts to add this extra bit of code the images will display again

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
rolando38

Post by rolando38 »

great news !

there are now official Firefox/Mozilla and Chrome "extensions" to view correctly previously posted Photobucket (should I say Photo rackett ?) pictures
(if you use Internet Explorere, sorry, this might convince you to switch...)

here are the links

this would save our admins a LOT of tedious work ...!

Firefox extension https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... src=search

Chrome extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... jjgj?hl=en

I hope it will solve our issues !
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

I've nearly finished the script to update the posts to remove the link to the photobucket site and replace the links to the actual images with links to the JOC hosted copies.

It would have helped if I had realised I had created the image copies with the URL encoded file names (i.e. file%20name rather than file name) as I then had to write more scripts to rename the images....

I still need to do a lot of testing as people have added image tags in all sorts of invalid ways.

At least this way if Photobucket then remove content or find some other way of screwing their users we are covered.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Damn old age. Is there a translation button?

Serious Zac well done I don't what you are talking about but I like your work. :)
rolando38

Post by rolando38 »

well done Zac ! now we have 2 ways of countering PB's strange marketing decision; I would be curious to know what is their success rate in having customers paying 399£ for hosting a few ics
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

I have finally replaced the 6,468 photobucket links with images hosted on the club's server.

I have looked at a few links to photobucket used for avatars and can't download the files so will remove any avatars hosted on photobucket later.

I had a few issues with the weird and wonderful way that people added image tags, if you find a post that looks wrong let me know and I will have a look.

Now back to sorting out other issues with the forum, loading data into the new registrars system, setting up proper user access to the web site so people can renew their memberhip, pay by direct debit, download the hundreds of magazines sorted out by Mark Case, sorting out the regalia site and oh yes, doing the same shi*t at work.
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Thanks for a sterling effort with the images Zac.
It brings life back to a lot of technical topics where the images are valuable.
Eddie

JOC 10030
Interceptor II 123/3901 CEA 1J
1970 Earls Court Motorshow Car
RockyUSA

Post by RockyUSA »

Thank you, Zac.

Appreciate the hard work. I know how hard it is, I lost 18 pages of images at the Pantera site..

Much appreciated.

Rocky
‘71 TVR Vixen 2500 - (M Series Tribute)
'72 Interceptor III - 133/5597
'73 DeTomaso Pantera
'74 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40
'95 Jaguar XJS Convertible
jvcarrier

Post by jvcarrier »

Can anyone tell me how to download my photobucket albums - I can do it a picture at a time - but not by album?

Regards

John
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

John, I've just emailed you.
jvcarrier wrote:Can anyone tell me how to download my photobucket albums - I can do it a picture at a time - but not by album?

Regards

John
JOC Member No. 5061
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Long time forum members will remember the fiasco caused by Photobucket's decision to introduce a $400 per year charge to permit sharing of hosted images on 3rd party sites such as this forum and wondered how it would affect photobucket in the future. Obviously they will not reveal in detail how it had affected their business but I notice that in an announcement on 18th May this year that they have a new CEO replacing the one that introduced the $400 a year fees and
To re-establish trust among its long-standing and new customers, Photobucket has made changes to its pricing model that includes a competitively priced plan that fits the needs of many of its customers.

Photobucket is now offering a new, competitive subscription package with an ad-free experience, storage and third-party image hosting for just $1.99 per month (or $19.99 per year) - which is 95% less than their previous image hosting plan.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------

Return to “General Discussion”