Engine heat evacuation syste

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Joe Schiavone

Engine heat evacuation syste

Post by Joe Schiavone »

I have just about finished my attempt to lower the heat buildup in the engine co
mpartment. Is there any interest in me posting what all was involved. I can post it or email it to you. 400 cfm directly out the side vents. RacerJoe
Richie
V8 Lover

Re: Engine heat evacuation syste

Post by Richie »

it seems successful so I'd say yeah, post away Joe :D
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

I'll be very interested to see how you quantify the improvement - to learn what temperature reduction you achieve in the engine bay, at engine idling on a scorching-hot day, at the many points you will have fitted instrumentation to measure temperatures within the engine bay, with fans off, then again with fans on.
Or if it's just that you feel that if you are moving hot air out of the bay, therefore you feel you must be doing some good?
Keith

Post by Keith »

We'd certainly be interested in reading about this Joe.

But post it in the Interceptor Tech area of the forum, rather than General Discussion.
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
Grant

Post by Grant »

I can't wait to read it Joe, please post some pics aswell even though I know you avoid it, I did previously explain how to upload them from your PC .. it is very simple, would you like me to explain it again for you Joe?. many thanks RacerJoe :P .. Grant :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
aslef

Post by aslef »

Yes please Joe,previously discussed this with you so I eagerly await.

Thanks,Tim.
Tim

1972 Interceptor III
Joe Schiavone

Post by Joe Schiavone »

as requested and I plan on analizining with and without fans on. It is my belief that much of the heat soak people experience while driving is engine heat entering the air vent from atop the fire wall in the engine compartment. I will find out. RacerJoe
Manwithaplan

Post by Manwithaplan »

Has anybody tried fitting the Chrysler cooling fan to the water pump ?

I haven't looked at clearances but in principle, as long as the engine is running then air is being passed over the engine and exiting under the vehicle.
Restoration project vehicle Interceptor 115/ 3213
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

The name is Mike, another Mike.
Joe Schiavone

Post by Joe Schiavone »

Grant. I am dislexit and have a hard time following what is necessary to successfully navigate within the requirements of posting. I have received a lot of critticism o
N the postings so I would rather just e mail and not tulip people off over my computer shortcuings or spelling. If you would send me address I can get you what you need. Joe
Grant

Post by Grant »

Joe Schiavone wrote:Grant. I am dislexit and have a hard time following what is necessary to successfully navigate within the requirements of posting. I have received a lot of critticism o
N the postings so I would rather just e mail and not tulip people off over my computer shortcuings or spelling. If you would send me address I can get you what you need. Joe
Hello Joe ... No problem, they tell me I am deslexic too :P ... but no doubt you have other qualities that superseed others much like your past in racing :wink: ... Joe yes sure, how about you email me any pictures you have and any wording about the engine fan cooling project and I'll post it onto the forum on this thread Joe Ay :?: What say you Joe? ... My email address is... grant@grantsvanillacustard.com .. you will recieve an auto reply from me but I will still be able to read your email Joe Ok :wink: ... or if you would prefer I can email you and then you can just click reply.. add the pics and the wording as you want to and I can correct any of it for you :wink: ... Let me know Mr Man :P with kind regards to you Joe............ Grant :P
Last edited by Grant on Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Joe Schiavone

Post by Joe Schiavone »

Grant. Your suggestion is fine with me. I have to finish up some elec to the tunnel and put the seats back in the front then fully derailleur the car befor I am back on the road. Joe
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Manwithaplan wrote:Has anybody tried fitting the Chrysler cooling fan to the water pump ?

I haven't looked at clearances but in principle, as long as the engine is running then air is being passed over the engine and exiting under the vehicle.
Yes, I know of an SP with an engine driven fan. It has never overheated in any traffic or weather condition.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Grant

Post by Grant »

Manwithaplan wrote:Has anybody tried fitting the Chrysler cooling fan to the water pump ?

I remember a Mk2 (I think it was ) appeared on here.. chap from kent .. never heard from him again.. but maybe it was a car of month a few years ago now... he had fitted a Mercedes 500 viscous fan to his and done away with the elec fans .. he said it worked really well ... whether it got rid of any under-bonnet heat though I wouldnt know .. it looked good though I thought :)
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Grant

Post by Grant »

Joe Schiavone wrote:Grant. Your suggestion is fine with me. I have to finish up some elec to the tunnel and put the seats back in the front then fully derailleur the car befor I am back on the road. Joe
No probs Joe ... you do your thing Romeo and then just ping me an email when you are ready and I'll post it up for you :P :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

I have over the years tried just about everything to combat heat getting into cabin from SP. Not much luck . Have had insulation put in and still gets rather warm after an hour or so of driving at 100K. Bonnet louvres don't do much for the problem. I think....which for me is dangerous......that the extractors which were not standard (does anyone else know that?) get alarmingly hot and in fact can glow in the dark and pass under/near drivers footwell. Joe,do you have extractors? The ones that go on cars? Re radiators. My car had engine run ones when I got her but overheated quickly and badly. Radiator pro. tore out rad. and installed new one with electric fans as existing one was"to old and only giving around 50% coolant/water" . Result....never gone past "N" even in 47degrees (C) and 2 hours at 110KPH but interiour was like an oven even with A/C on full blast.
It is what it is. Grant, you are a good man and I shall leave you in my wife's will :mrgreen: . Anyone with dyslexia has a very large challenge in life and deserves accolades for coping and succeeding . Kenny38

Return to “General Discussion”