Who owns the Jensen brand?

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Keith

Re: Who owns the Jensen brand?

Post by Keith »

johnw wrote:I came across this online, Feb 2015, someone claiming to own naming rights, and about to launch a new GT car...

"Jensen Group successfully established its ownership of the Jensen and Interceptor brands in order to clear
up any confusion".
We discussed this at the time John, and my opinion is that this was just "a shot across the bows" as there was more than one concern claiming to "own" the Jensen intellectual property.

All this posturing has resulting in nothing of course.

So, at this stage, maybe I own the Jensen intellectual property. Maybe you do? Maybe Felix does? Who's to argue with us? (And it would have to be a very convincing argument.)
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

Keith wrote:Maybe Felix does?
Let me check… no, not that I'm aware of.
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
Grant

Post by Grant »

Keith wrote: So, at this stage, maybe I own the Jensen intellectual property. Maybe you do? Maybe Felix does?
And what about ME Keith? You're always leave me outImage AND I thought you said I was really importantImage
I mean I've got this Image >>>
>>
032.JPG
032.JPG (121.69 KiB) Viewed 1412 times
>>
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Keith

Post by Keith »

You're quite correct Grant, I should have included you! Image

So stick your sign outside and start trading! Who can argue that you are not "Jensen"?
Grant

Post by Grant »

Keith wrote:You're quite correct Grant, I should have included you! Image
So stick your sign outside and start trading! Who can argue that you are not "Jensen"?
ImageRight you are Mr AndersonImage.. See you in the morning at 8.00.. and don't be late Keith.. Let's get this show on the roadImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Dino Fritz

Post by Dino Fritz »

Guys,

I hope that this adds to the confusion.............https://www.brandsoftheworld.com/logo/jensen-0.

Cheers, Dino
Jensens.........when does it ever end!
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

Just to add more. When I bought my discs and brakes from Appleyards I asked about having the Jensen logo added and I think Andy said he couldn't do that as Robey's said that they owned the rights
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (64.1 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (95.46 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
Keith

Post by Keith »

RAP72 wrote: Robey's said that they owned the rights
They don't own the rights though.
Grant

Post by Grant »

RAP72 wrote:Just to add more. When I bought my discs and brakes from Appleyards I asked about having the Jensen logo added and I think Andy said he couldn't do that as Robey's said that they owned the rights
And as we know Steve.. we think Robeys are trying to pull the woolImage.. difficult for Andy to argue with them though as he gets a lot of stuff from them!Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
archie
The Mild Child

Post by archie »

That's correct grant he basically said it was a conflict of interest and all jensen was with his factory and even mentioned courts . so can i rarely put jensen on parts who knows but i thought its not worth the hag :D
Toby

Post by Toby »

Grant wrote:
RAP72 wrote:Just to add more. When I bought my discs and brakes from Appleyards I asked about having the Jensen logo added and I think Andy said he couldn't do that as Robey's said that they owned the rights
And as we know Steve.. we think Robeys are trying to pull the woolImage.. difficult for Andy to argue with them though as he gets a lot of stuff from them!Image
I cannot speak authoritatively regarding Martin Robey's ownership of intellectual rights over certain Jensen logo's but I have been privvy to certain information which would suggest that Martin Robey ascert that they have intellectual rights over the Jensen logo as shown in this post, the matter as always would be decided in the courts and is open for some brave individual to test the water
1973 Interceptor III
1997 Daimler X308 Super Eight
1937 Ford Model 10 CX
Tim SP
JOC Interceptor Variants Registrar

Post by Tim SP »

No I would never think its an good idea to upset the family that makes almost everything that keeps ownership remotely viable-

In fact I'd say more respect is due the this firm, any enterprise that seems fair game, might not be- I would ask Mr R (M or C) if was ok first before hand making anything- esp if a joke part that upsets that apple cart.
Try making panels for a price that makes Jag's look expencive- we owe them the highest respect, I sure do.

The awesome thing is, you can ask to do, or have a go at something- a nicer firm you will not meet- try that in other firms.
The best thing that happened post 1994 was Martin Robey (& firm & family) in my opinion.

We are lucky with our Jensen parts companies, all of them.
Toby

Post by Toby »

Tim SP wrote:No I would never think its an good idea to upset the family that makes almost everything that keeps ownership remotely viable-

In fact I'd say more respect is due the this firm, any enterprise that seems fair game, might not be- I would ask Mr R (M or C) if was ok first before hand making anything- esp if a joke part that upsets that apple cart.
Try making panels for a price that makes Jag's look expencive- we owe them the highest respect, I sure do.

The awesome thing is, you can ask to do, or have a go at something- a nicer firm you will not meet- try that in other firms.
The best thing that happened post 1994 was Martin Robey (& firm & family) in my opinion.

We are lucky with our Jensen parts companies, all of them.
I am with you on this Tim. Martin Robey's commercial decision to invest in the tooling etc has made a significant contribution in keeping many vehicles alive. I am sure there are many like me who are grateful for their existence. The above image of the logo'd calliper fitted to the hub is approved and supplied by Martin Robey
1973 Interceptor III
1997 Daimler X308 Super Eight
1937 Ford Model 10 CX
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

I am not knocking Robeys just making the point that they claimed ownership. Or maybe it was just ownership of the branded callipers they claimed. And yes they should be commended for having the foresight to purchase the items and data they did. Perhaps for that alone they are best placed to 'claim' the rights.
Keith

Post by Keith »

RAP72 wrote:Perhaps for that alone they are best placed to 'claim' the rights.
And that's all they can do. They can "claim" whatever they want.

Maybe the JOC is now the owners of the Jensen intellectual property? They've got years and years of "prior use", for the Jensen name, the winged badge, etc, etc. Prior use is very important in intellectual property claims. Maybe we should make it official and register them. Up to other parties to contest.

Return to “General Discussion”