Carters Green days, The Phil Grice Interview.

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
PaulMcElhinney

Carters Green days, The Phil Grice Interview.

Post by PaulMcElhinney »

Back in June I got my head together with Keith Anderson and Peter Neale. I had made the acquaintance of Phil Grice via his nephew Murray Lewis. Apparently Murray had been saying for years that his uncle's recollections of the very early days of Jensen Motors Ltd should be recorded for posterity. We agreed and thanks to Keith's bosses at The Tool Connection the project reached fruition. I hope the members enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MML3QVB ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul McElhinney - Mk I 115/3309 in Positano yellow, FF Mk II 127/289.
Kevin Birch

Re: Carters Green days, The Phil Grice Interview.

Post by Kevin Birch »

Fantastic film, very professional and wonderful experiences now saved for ever, what a character. Well done all involved.

Out of interest, would Phil be interested in attending the 50th anniversary at Gaydon, if so, and if he still lives locally to West Brom, I would be honoured to give him a lift, there and back in ROP. He would make a great guest of honour.

May even get some more info out of him on the journey, as I'm sure he still has lots to tell.
My Toys: Lotus Cortina MK2.RangeRover P38, Yam inflatable, Saab 9-3 Convertible.
Mk1 Interceptor, 115/3067
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

Fantastic stuff!
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
FFPL

Post by FFPL »

unfortunately I cannot view it due to copyright reasons in the US 'This video contains content from Warner Chappell, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.'

Can you repost it without the offending music?
Arne

Post by Arne »

Video is also blocked in Germany. Entering "ss" in front of the word "youtube" in the link will bring you to a side where you can see or download it.....

Arne
Keith

Post by Keith »

I use background music in our videos which has been purchased for such work. We have literally thousands of tracks.

However the algorithm that YouTube uses recognises copyright material and (obviously) cannot tell if the videomaker has a right to use it or not. There is an "appeal" process through YouTube but I've never had any success with it, so I don't bother any more.

I'll get a lower-resolution version rendered (the original is about 11 gigabytes in size!) and if you would like a copy, please PM me and I'll send you a link to download from.
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
Peter Neale

Post by Peter Neale »

Brilliant stuff - many thanks Paul for organising this!
Peter Neale

keeping it in the family
Keith

Post by Keith »

I've got a standard definition version ready for download. It's about 700mb. If you would like a copy, please PM me your email address and I'll send you the link.
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
Grant

Post by Grant »

What a Lovely Film/Interview :wink:
Well done to Keith and Paul for the organisation of it all :wink:
Also a lovely setting there at your place of work Keith, very smart, loved the seating :P
Why is it that all older people much like Phil there in the video seem to just be loved instantly, being slightly older there like Phil just make's me respect them straight away regardless of there background .... I loved listening to him and his knowledge and found his memory to be absolutly spot on with the detail of the momories of his working past, most people wouldnt have rememebered the sort of things he rememebered... he obviously loved what he did at Jensen for it to stick in his mind like it did ... I was sad that he wasnt there during the (2nd) Interceptor times though... I would have loved to have heard about the Interceptor time's .. the late 60's and 70's ... I really admired Phil I did, bless him :D
Thank you Keith, Paul and any others that contibuted :)
Grant :D
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
GT6-MK3

Post by GT6-MK3 »

Great bit of history well preserved. Well done to all involved
75' Conv 2311/1693
62' 541s 100/1075
PaulMcElhinney

Post by PaulMcElhinney »

"I was sad that he wasnt there during the (2nd) Interceptor times though... I would have loved to have heard about the Interceptor time's .. the late 60's and 70's ..."

Watch this space.
Grant

Post by Grant »

PaulMcElhinney wrote:"I was sad that he wasnt there during the (2nd) Interceptor times though... I would have loved to have heard about the Interceptor time's .. the late 60's and 70's ..."

Watch this space.
Brilliant ... waiting & waiting Paul... watching... watching :shock: ... anything :?: :lol: :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
ajc9415

Post by ajc9415 »

An excellent piece of work and great to get this type of history recorded.
Adrian
1974 Interceptor Mk III 2240-9415
JOC Member 9648
interjen

Post by interjen »

Brilliant, more memories to hold onto, so many gone now its so important to find out the history from the factory floor while we still can, well done to those involved and thanks to Phil for taking the time to talk to you. We should get all the surviving workers together in one place to share all? impossible I know but it would be good...
2340/1842 Int Conv
1640/30077 GT
115/3215 Int MK1
Bentley 111
Mk1/Mk2 Jag
DB7 Vantage Volante
1926 Clyno Royal Saloon
1922 Aveling and Porter Steam Roller (Sally)
GPZ900R
PaulMcElhinney

Post by PaulMcElhinney »

Jimmy D'Maine, Bob Markham, Jim Badhams.jpg
Jimmy D'Maine, Bob Markham, Jim Badhams.jpg (59.13 KiB) Viewed 5120 times
From Robert Markham, sheet metal worker at Kelvin Way, this is a photo of Jimmy D'Maine, Bob Markham (his father) and Jim Badhams on a factory day out some time in the thirties. Markham senior worked at WJ Smith and Son before the Jensens took over.

Return to “General Discussion”