Jensen Classic Luggage???

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
DerekCV8

Jensen Classic Luggage???

Post by DerekCV8 »

Does anyone know if Jensen Motors ever had "Classic Luggage" specially produced? I have a "Jensen" Briefcase, complete with tag inside bearing the Jensen logo. See the following pictures:-

However, I have been advised that there may have simply been a company with the name Jensen producing luggage? It seems odd though that the logo is identical to the Jensen Motors logo? See pic below of logo on car. It's also the same logo on workshop manuals etc?

I've also found a couple of other bags on ebay with the same logos.....:-

The logo seems too similar to be a coincidence? Thoughts??

I was told that my briefcase was found when an old store cupboard was opened in the Kelvin Way Factory some time after Jensen left..... but maybe that's just fiction!
Derek Chapman
ajm541s

Re: Jensen Classic Luggage???

Post by ajm541s »

No connection with us at all, just another company with the same name, like the recent post on Jensen radios.
On our first trip over to Denmark with a couple of cars we were met by our importer, Ole Damgaard Nielsen and drove over to Copenhagen from Esbjerg. We stopped for petrol and the pump attendant (yes, it was that long ago!) looked at the badge on the rear of the Interceptor and said "If I buy one of these cars can I have my name on it?".
Tony Marshall
JML 1967-74

JOC 7828
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Probably not complete coincidence: either a Mr Jensen has seen the old Jensen badge on the internet and adopted it for his luggage company, or the Wan-Jing Flying Duck brand of luggage has sought a new name and image and "borrowed" the Jensen name and badge. Either way, no real connection but a very cool thing to keep your Jensen related items in!
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

had you had it in your boot of P66 at Goodwood you might have scored a few more points and won.

Return to “General Discussion”