No politics? Oh dear...

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
mojo

Re: No politics? Oh dear...

Post by mojo »

Well maybe you're right, or maybe the person that wrote the diatribe was only looking for examples that supported his argument. I haven't looked to see if there are any examples of EU-funded inward relocations to the UK, so I don't know either way.

However, the basic flaw with the argument that us leaving the EU will somehow fix this is that EU funded relocations from the UK to other parts of Europe will continue to happen. We just won't have any say at all about where and how they happen.

You can choose to use emotive terms like "asset stripped", or you can take a different view and see it as an attempt within the EU to redistribute manufacturing a little more fairly and evenly around the poorer member states. I suspect that if you look at the scale of the relocations, you will almost certainly find that it is just a drop in the ocean when compared with our total manufacturing output.
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

Mojo,
I think it's very hard for us to know the full story, as you say, because each side tends to cherry-pick the arguments that support its point of view.
But I'm amused by people who only look at money which comes from the EU, without realising that only a fraction of the money paid out comes back in.
To me, that's like a mugger robbing you of 100 pounds every day, then returning 20 pounds to you, but putting conditions on how you can spend it. And you're supposed to be grateful for that!
Common-sense tells me that if you let another country or rather, another power, control your country in so many undemocratic ways, it isn't going to work out well.
And for countries to have given up control of such a vital institution as their own currency is absolute madness.
Of course, if I had benefitted to the tune of ten million pounds, like the Kinnocks, I would be very happy. And I would be singing the praises of the EU.
To speak negatively about the EU, as a former EU employee, can result in losing your pension.
But the EU isn't really about trade, it isn't about peace, it's all about power. And it was Tony Blair who said that.
Belief in the EU is very much like a religion in that people tend to believe one thing or another, with no proof either way.
Bojo.jpg
Bojo.jpg (42.82 KiB) Viewed 3167 times
Anyway, everything's going to be just fine, for the UK.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/ ... is-Johnson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

mojo wrote:However, the basic flaw with the argument that us leaving the EU will somehow fix this is that EU funded relocations from the UK to other parts of Europe will continue to happen. We just won't have any say at all about where and how they happen.
Do you have any say in now?
At least, by being out of the EU, you will not be making a financial contribution to increasing UK unemployment.
Which is rather insulting.
Jens
Dr. Umlaut & Area Rep for Germany

Post by Jens »

AH1951 wrote:
mojo wrote:However, the basic flaw with the argument that us leaving the EU will somehow fix this is that EU funded relocations from the UK to other parts of Europe will continue to happen. We just won't have any say at all about where and how they happen.
Do you have any say in now?
At least, by being out of the EU, you will not be making a financial contribution to increasing UK unemployment.
Which is rather insulting.
Well, you may still blame the EU for all the things that will change for the worst in the next years because they'll treat the UK very badly and you may take all the applause for everything that will be better because you made the right decision - be it economical, sociological, ecological, and all other "..al"s. Ah, and don't forget the HRS. Britains will be the healthiest people all over Europe.

Let's have a chat in five years time again. I might be proven wrong and you're right with all you arguments. The UK being prosperous and looking down to a devastated Europe in ruins. Hooray for you and drama for us. You may then be in a position to take the next step and safe Europe. Wouldn't you?

Until then I'll stick with 3/.
In order of appearance:

(sold) C-V8 Mk III 112/2432
541 S 102/1035
(sold) FF MkII 127/243 (sold)
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
(sold)Jensen GT 1610/30257(sold)
Scimitar GTE SE5
Gordon Keeble #21
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

Jens wrote:they'll treat the UK very badly
Jens, just why would they do that? These are our friends?
If it is going to be to the UK's disadvantage to be out of the EU, why deliberately make it worse?
There is no animosity from British people towards their European neighbors, only a dislike of being dictated to by unelected bureaucrats in Brussels. People have realized that the EU is just a re-creation of the USSR.
Europe will have to save itself next time.
Do you really favour an EU army & navy, a central tax collection authority with spending allocated to each nation from Brussels?
This is what they have planned.
It's total madness.
Last edited by AH1951 on Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jens

Post by Jens »

AH1951 wrote:... People have realized that the EU is just a re-creation of the USSR...
Correct, now we have the central point of all the discussion.

Thank you very much for making it clear.

How could I not see that :shock:

We're doomed. :cry: :cry: :cry: Good night.
In order of appearance:

541 S 102/1035
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
Scimitar GTE SE5
Gordon Keeble #21
mojo

Post by mojo »

AH1951 wrote:People have realized that the EU is just a re-creation of the USSR.
Fair enough - I don't really have a well-reasoned argument on that one, so it's a fair cop. You've played your trump card there.
Jens

Post by Jens »

mojo wrote:... You've played your trump card there.
You mean the "Trump" card, right? :shock:
In order of appearance:

541 S 102/1035
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
Scimitar GTE SE5
Gordon Keeble #21
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

The German government is monitoring Facebook and Skype and making uninvited visits to the houses of those critical of government immigration policies.
Jens

Post by Jens »

AH1951 wrote:The German government is monitoring Facebook and Skype and making uninvited visits to the houses of those critical of government immigration policies.
Thank God that in Britain you have government and big business looking out for you.
"critical of government immigration policies" - You certainly have a very selective way of picking the "right" news. The full story indeed is a wee bit different but I doubt it is worth the effort to explain here.

Since you opened my eyes yesterday (did I say "Thank you" before?) I have this song in a constant loop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrtnnLor2UM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In order of appearance:

541 S 102/1035
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
Scimitar GTE SE5
Gordon Keeble #21
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

-
Last edited by AH1951 on Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mojo

Post by mojo »

Jens wrote:
You mean the "Trump" card, right? :shock:
Sorry, missed the capital - my mistake...

Return to “General Discussion”