Forum Anniversary

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
RAP72
V8 Lover

Forum Anniversary

Post by RAP72 »

I believe today is the 10th Anniversary of the Forum. Nearly 150000 posts and 2000 members not bad really. Well done to those who keep it on the straight and narrow.
Martin K

Re: Forum Anniversary

Post by Martin K »

RAP72 wrote:I believe today is the 10th Anniversary of the Forum. Nearly 150000 posts and 2000 members not bad really. Well done to those who keep it on the straight and narrow.
Here here! We need a "like" button :D
I see you were an early adopter Steve.
Martin Kennedy

1969 FF Mk1 119/098
1970 Lotus Elan S4 DHC
JOC Member 10029
Keith

Post by Keith »

The forum is only as strong as itrs members and that's where its strength lies. Many car clubs' forums are struggling, and they find that a Facebook page works better for them. But right from the beginning this forum has thrived, and as I said, that's down to the members, from newcomers to Jensen ownership, to the seasoned, old hands and their amazing technical knowledge that is so freely available.

Roll on the next ten years!
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Thanks Steve. I've been able to plug the Forum Anniversary on the JOC Home page!

Keith, what was the story of the birth of the Forum? Wasn't there a false start before the forum finally took off?
"It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time."
Sir Winston Churchill
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

As Keith says many organisations have found that a facebook page works better for them and I was worried that when the club launched it's facebook page that the forum would wither. That hasn't happened, I think partly because we keep all the posts going back to when Keith launched the forum, so there is a wealth of information including technical stuff that people can find.

Keith - thank you for launching such a wonderful resource for the club.

The forum has been upgraded over the years and is about to receive a new look, integrating it more closely with the web site.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Nick Maltby

Post by Nick Maltby »

I would like to take the occasion of the JOB forum's 10th anniversary to say thanks to those who started it and continue to maintain it.
Since joining eighteen months ago I have learned more about Jensen and it's cars than I had in a longish lifetime and I worked for the company in my youth!
But it is not only knowledge about Jensen that I have gained, it is knowledge about cars in general as well as other broader subjects.
Most enjoyable, thank you. As Keith says, here is to the next ten years.
Nick
Jensen Motors draughtsman 1959 - 1961 and 1964 - 1967.
DaveAK

Post by DaveAK »

Forum rules! Facebook sucks!! :D

Well, the club Facebook page might be great, but I don't use Facebook. Here's hoping that the forum continues to go from strength to strength for the next 10 years. Congratulations to all involved.
72 MkIII Interceptor 133/5613 (440)
71 MkIII Interceptor 133/5546 (383)
55 Nash Metropolitan
JOC Member 9777
PaulMcElhinney

Post by PaulMcElhinney »

It's an invaluable resource for anyone who cannot afford professional restoration and has to get "hands on". Thanks to all involved in its commencement and continued running.
Paul McElhinney - Mk I 115/3309 in Positano yellow, FF Mk II 127/289.
Mickris

Post by Mickris »

DaveAK wrote:Forum rules! Facebook sucks!! :D

Well, the club Facebook page might be great, but I don't use Facebook. Here's hoping that the forum continues to go from strength to strength for the next 10 years. Congratulations to all involved.
Totally agree I don't use Toxic social media sites and never will.

So a Big Thanks to the lads and lasses who run this forum, keep up the grand work :D
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

I keep an eye on the Facebook page(s) but the saving grace of the forum is that it has numerous main headings and threads within those main headings. So finding and following a subject is easy, on the Facebook page it is easy to lose track of a subject you are interested in.
Barrie
Tupperware Extraordinaire!

Post by Barrie »

zacmarshall wrote:The forum has been upgraded over the years........ and is about to receive a new look, integrating it more closely with the web site.
Oh no!
I've only just got used to the existing one.......... :?
“Even in a time of elephantine vanity and greed, one never has to look far to see the campfires of gentle people." Garrison Keillor
Han Kamp

Post by Han Kamp »

Having joined the forum on November 3rd, 2005 I have hardly ever missed a day checking for interesting posts and I still enjoy doing so and contributing every now and then. The forum is not only a valuable source of information and knowledge, but also a great way for making and keeping contact with worldwide Jensen enthusiasts.
I am also convinced that the forum helped saving a lot of Jensens.
Han Kamp The Netherlands
Formerly owned Jensens: 1974 JH, 1976 GT, 1952 4 litre Interceptor, 1954 4 litre Interceptor Left Hand Drive, 1957 541.

clubwebsite: http://www.JensenHolland.nl
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

I think Han summarized it perfectly, well done to all of you involved in this- past and present!
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

Return to “General Discussion”