Dave Newby

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Per

Re: Dave Newby

Post by Per »

Condolences from Kristin and me. Kristin remarked "a real gentleman" when we met in Norway a few years ago. Thank you for the warm welcome you gave to those that met you Dave, you will be missed.
Per
Not only English cars these days, an Italian is part of the stable again 8)
Wallace

Post by Wallace »

This is awful news, I hope Helen and family can take some comfort in their loss knowing Dave left a big impression on life and many, many people.

Mike & Wiz.
soggykitkat

Post by soggykitkat »

The funeral service for David will be at York Crematorium ( YO23 2QD ) at 1.40pm on Monday 14th September. Then afterwards at the Ship Inn at Acaster Malbis ( YO23 2UH ). Helen and family have asked for as many Jensen's as possible. This is an open invite to members. Dress is NOT black tie, smart Jensen clothing preferred. Rather than flowers, the family have asked for donations to the 'A1 Steam Locomotive Trust' ( http://www.a1steam.com ).
Interceptor Mk I
115/3484 No name yet

Interceptor MkIII
128/4813 'The ASBO' (it's Losty's really)
shaun

Post by shaun »

I'll be there, one way or another.
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
ChrisG

Post by ChrisG »

What utterly terrible news. Sue and I send our condolences to Helen and the family.

Dave was a pillar of the JOC community - we will find it hard to replace his enthusiasm for our cars, his over-whelming friendliness and willingness to help in any emergency.

RIP David
ChrisG
128/4559 Interceptor III 1972
JOC Member 5252
Area Rep: NorthWest London
Bob Heydon

Post by Bob Heydon »

Sincere condolences go out to Helen, Mark and Caroline at this very sad time.

Rob & Sallyanne Heydon
JOC 2059
JH 11988
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Thanks for the details of the funeral arrangement Lewi.

Zac and I plan to be there.

We'll be coming from Goodwood, stopping off in Leicestershire on Sunday night to break up the journey and will most likely leave one car there.

Regards, Martin.
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Dave Jackson

Post by Dave Jackson »

We first met David at he Club visit to the Lancaster bomber. I was told that I was leaking fuel as I entered the ground. I parked and lifted the bonnet to see what was leaking and it turned out to be one of the carbs. David appeared and I explained the problem to him requiring the removal of the air cleaner and the air manifold. . Get your tools out he said and as I did not have sufficient spanners he soon came back with a large box of tools. He told me that he had not worked on a 541S before and if I guided him he would like to do the work. The problem turned out to be a small shard of rubber holding off the valve. I had recently fitted a new rubber petrol connection and must have happened as I pushed the rubber onto the copper pipe. David put everything back and we tested the job. What a super guy he will be sadly missed in the Club!

Charlie and I send our sincere condolences to Helen and family.

Dave Jackson
541S Chassis No 100/1032
Membership No 6718
Mark Maniatt
Lord of the Pies
Lord of the Pies

Post by Mark Maniatt »

We saw Dave off on his final trip in fine fashion earlier today.A superb turnout from all over the country reinforced once again how much he was thought of by one and all.The only thing missing in fact was Herr Newby milling around,chatting,advising,laughing and generally being the huge presence we have all come to know and appreciate.A fine spread was laid on at The Ship Inn alongside the Ouse at Acaster Malbis and we toasted the Concours King and smoked one of his favourite cigars in tribute to a fondly missed friend.

Dave would have loved it!!

Pieman
Jazz and Jensens.There is a God
JOC Yorkshire Area Rep
Barrie
Tupperware Extraordinaire!

Post by Barrie »

A nice report Mark. Hit just the right spot.
“Even in a time of elephantine vanity and greed, one never has to look far to see the campfires of gentle people." Garrison Keillor
DerekCV8

Post by DerekCV8 »

Absolutely Mark.... a fitting send off for a much loved man..... and Eric Idle's "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life" brought a smile to my face.... just as Dave would have wanted!

Derek Chapman
PaulMcElhinney

Post by PaulMcElhinney »

As the funeral cortege entered the crematorium roughly 15 Jensens sounded their horns for about 20 seconds. A moving moment and a great idea.
Last edited by PaulMcElhinney on Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul McElhinney - Mk I 115/3309 in Positano yellow, FF Mk II 127/289.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Thanks to all who gave Dave a fitting send off, with a touching report, he will be missed by all but never forgotten plus I am sure his family will continue to be part of the JOC family!
Marcus
H Type (H5)
CV8 MkII (104/2280)
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

Some of the Jensens at the crematorium today
IMG_20150914_144159756[1].jpg
IMG_20150914_144159756[1].jpg (189.89 KiB) Viewed 3987 times
As has been said a very fitting send off
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
PaulMcElhinney

Post by PaulMcElhinney »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dynw6ZvZUgc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul McElhinney - Mk I 115/3309 in Positano yellow, FF Mk II 127/289.

Return to “General Discussion”