Voxson 8 track + FM (Italian models)

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
brunovittorio

Re: Voxson 8 track + FM (Italian models)

Post by brunovittorio »

Dion wrote:Pic of the radio I got with my car. What year would this radio / 8-track be? Not sure if it is original to my car (August 1968).
Voxson Jensen.jpg
Ciao.
Definitively the 2 metal boxes only belong to the first 1967 Voxson model, the Sonar GN104/SR but it had a different appearance!
Your knobs, window and front plate are not original.
Please see my http://www.autobelle.it" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ad pictures of various Voxson models or write me privately.
Thanks
Bruno
Italia
brunovittorio

Post by brunovittorio »

Frankoid wrote:I have a Voxson 8 track with stereo FM. Small enough for any Jensen. It probably has the wrong knobs though..

Ciao,
sorry but:
- first of all I don't think it's the stereo fm version (FMS)....
- I do not see the round dot on the dial (it lights when a stereo station is received, it
should be beside the fm light in the dial!);
- the front is a...pot-pourry as the knobs seem correct but the metal front plate and the
flap....are the 104's ones!
At your disposal, possibly with a private message.
Bruno Vittorio
Italia
brunovittorio

Post by brunovittorio »

Frankoid wrote:
taximan wrote:Are you sure it's stereo FM, or just the 8 track that is stereo, seem to recall FM is mono as the tuner doesn't support/separate the 2 channels.
Shaun.

PS: apologies for my blatant disregard of the spelling, guilty as charged!
I had it going and I assumed it was stereo, but I may be wrong. , after all assumption is the mother of screw-ups :oops:
Dion wrote:Pic of the radio I got with my car. What year would this radio / 8-track be? Not sure if it is original to my car (August 1968).
Voxson Jensen.jpg
I think your radio is perfect for late '60's and for your car...... im sure I will be corrected though !
Unfortunately you are 100% right!
This model is too young, in the late 60's it was not available, only the glorious first model, the Voxson Sonar GN104/SR!!!!

Cheers
Bruno Vittorio
Italia
GT6-MK3

Post by GT6-MK3 »

I have a voxson radio that doesn't pick up fm. But I bought this little box of magic on ebay for 15 quid that slots straight into the 8 track and work perfectly
Attachments
20160314_215623.jpg
20160314_215623.jpg (107.25 KiB) Viewed 5324 times
75' Conv 2311/1693
62' 541s 100/1075
brunovittorio

Post by brunovittorio »

....provided you have a correct period radio...you made well...otherwise you made...another error! :D
Let me know possibly privately please.
Bruno
Frankoid

Post by Frankoid »

This looks very nice..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RADIOMOBILE-M ... SwZQxW5vOG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
brunovittorio

Post by brunovittorio »

Frankoid wrote:This looks very nice..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RADIOMOBILE-M ... SwZQxW5vOG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's a Radiomobile version, not the original Voxson one!
I had one like this to fix...from a Milano customer.....many things are not like the original ones: , the front plate, the dial logo, the knobs, the flap, the inner knobs function etc.!
Bruno
Dion

Post by Dion »

Attention Moderators
There is much information about Voxson car radios in this topic, which is in the Parts For Sale chapter of the site. This means after a number of days the topic will be removed.
Can this topic or the contents be moved or saved somewhere for future reference?
The future ain’t what it used to be.

Interceptor Mk1 LHD & RHD
GT LHD
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

Dion wrote:Attention Moderators
There is much information about Voxson car radios in this topic, which is in the Parts For Sale chapter of the site. This means after a number of days the topic will be removed.
Can this topic or the contents be moved or saved somewhere for future reference?
Good idea, now moved to Generalissimo Discussion
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
NormanP

Post by NormanP »

Could the moderators also correct Vo x on to Voxson, as Bruno noted, so that those searching in future can find it correctly?
Norman
Oxford
C-V8 MkIII #112/2393 8) undergoing restoration
541R #367 4319
JOC 10074
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

Not sure what the heck I did when I changed it before but now seems to be correct....
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

I've added Voxson to the Autocorrect list so it will be automatically fixed in future. (This does have the side effect that previous posts now appear to be demanding that we change Voxson to Voxson!)
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
brunovittorio

Post by brunovittorio »

Let's hope well!
I do find the site a little bit too complicated and incomplete!
For example I am not able to quickly find all my sent meassages/emails...I am sure to have answered a chap but cannot find my ...sent stuff!
Maybe I am wrong.

All the best.

Bruno
Grant

Post by Grant »

brunovittorio wrote:Let's hope well!
I do find the site a little bit too complicated and incomplete!
For example I am not able to quickly find all my sent meassages/emails...I am sure to have answered a chap but cannot find my ...sent stuff!
Maybe I am wrong.

All the best.

Bruno
Bruno, if the person has not opened the PM, then it will still be in "oubox" and therefore not in ssent .. untill he has opened it and read it Bruno :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Frankoid

Post by Frankoid »

I have now sold out of Jensen 8 track flaps. I still have a couple of complete Radiomobile 8 track radios with silver and black Jensen flaps that I think are working but are untested.

Many thanks to all,

Francis.

Return to “General Discussion”