For The Love Of Cars...Tim...

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Richie
V8 Lover

For The Love Of Cars...Tim...

Post by Richie »

... Just finished watching the first of the new series... Aston DBS restored...Great stuff.
zacmarshall

Re: For The Love Of Cars...Tim...

Post by zacmarshall »

Just wondering if Tim Clark has calmed down yet - memories of seeing Tim's response when a Bahama yellow DBS drove past when we were sat in a bar at Arnage.
(His dad has a DBS and like Philip Glennister grew up wanting to be Brett Sinclair).
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Tim SP
JOC Interceptor Variants Registrar

Post by Tim SP »

I havn't seen as yet chaps! I have been so looking forward, boss said best I see, as likley something will wind me up- Hope not.
Thanks for thinking of me, I really do app. that lads!

Zac might have under egged that 'Bahama' story, I wet myself so bad, the whole vill knew- they all were very kindly-care in the community!
Was helped home by Zac & Steve J.

Imagine what I was like with the Hurricane (prev post) still in a state, another reason Boss said I cant handle any DBS action,he's been uber stimulated this week thanks, so she said to mum.
ho!

Was it a good episode?? Last series was I thought.
Tim SP

Post by Tim SP »

DSC04222.JPG
DSC04222.JPG (594.2 KiB) Viewed 2365 times
Yes that was a good prog, trim change was uber wrong
Tim SP

Post by Tim SP »

DSC04225.JPG
DSC04225.JPG (545.91 KiB) Viewed 2365 times
Tim SP

Post by Tim SP »

2 Kings share common space!
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

hey Tim
why do your inboard main beam lights look biggerthan the outers and than any other dbs i have seen ??????????????????????????? :roll: :roll:
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

beautiful looking car - a 'proper' car - but given its modern lines, just as is the case with the interceptor in my view, the wire wheels just look so wrong...
ajc9415

Post by ajc9415 »

Nice car Tim. I do love a DBS, if only I could afford one (as well as the Jensen of course!)
:D
Adrian
1974 Interceptor Mk III 2240-9415
JOC Member 9648
schumijoe
BIG RED CARD & 2 YELLOWS
BIG RED CARD & 2 YELLOWS

Post by schumijoe »

the DBS prog was ok but I believe the new owner wasn't going to join the AMOC because the car was no longer original and they certainly stick to that statement as I know because I won a se concours mainly because of originality although there was a better car there. Tim's aston is very nice especially with the chrome wires as it should be.
joe
INTERCEPTOR 111 2240/1**4(the last 1976 saloon)
Tim SP

Post by Tim SP »

2 Things, not mine.
Lamps, well this car is utterly original & sports the same lamps x4 as the Inter & Stag etc, having nicked the mint labeled inners for NYC- dont tell the old man I'd know, 25 years with Aston / Jensen I'd know.
Bought for nothing all those years ago & loved by poor family.
Still thus so.
Dad being very unwell makes this friend more so precious.
I'd wager the most beautifull work of art I ever saw & never tired of been blown away- the value now has 'fair weather Aston fans' just exactly like Jensen.

I'm proud that dad achieved his dream two, the DBS & Interceptor, both were worth only slightly more than his aging Renault.
The value has never been an interest, as far as AMOC is concerned, I'll pleed the 5th.
They will dial utterly into the subject car by the way, it will be the new news- its like that isn't it, will tick 2 boxes at least.

When they are all worth bugger all again, we'll still be hagging in as best as we have.
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Tim SP wrote:2 Things, not mine.
Lamps, well this car is utterly original & sports the same lamps x4 as the Inter & Stag etc, having nicked the mint labeled inners for NYC- dont tell the old man I'd know, 25 years with Aston / Jensen I'd know.
Bought for nothing all those years ago & loved by poor family.
Still thus so.
Dad being very unwell makes this friend more so precious.
I'd wager the most beautifull work of art I ever saw & never tired of been blown away- the value now has 'fair weather Aston fans' just exactly like Jensen.

I'm proud that dad achieved his dream two, the DBS & Interceptor, both were worth only slightly more than his aging Renault.
The value has never been an interest, as far as AMOC is concerned, I'll pleed the 5th.
They will dial utterly into the subject car by the way, it will be the new news- its like that isn't it, will tick 2 boxes at least.

When they are all worth bugger all again, we'll still be hagging in as best as we have.

Yes Tim but look at your straight on picture it really does look like the inner lamps are larger,,,,,, and i agree the shape is to modern for wire wheels and they were built like it an interceptor is just awefull with them,,,,,, i used to service a dbs 6 auto i think a rover 2000 auto had better acceleration,,
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Arcnewal

Post by Arcnewal »

schumijoe wrote:but I believe the new owner wasn't going to join the AMOC because the car was no longer original
Or maybe the new owner just isn't a club person?
Tim SP

Post by Tim SP »

Just as well this is a factory manual, isn't mega mega fast, but makes everything seem utterly untouchable.
Seems we have a touch of the 'astons' again, most are not great, but a DBS auto, whilst not very impressive, still looks awesome & sounds so.
A yank is a yank- love em as I do.

Might not work for folks, dad bought the car he dreamed about. end of. Not some uber grosser.
Dad used to clean Joe Browns DB6, yet still ending up wanted the S.
Frankly could care less about power & speed (VALUE), if my father was, he'd have bought some naff thing, so would I.

Park anything next to a Willy's Jeep, it will loose- I bet you your house!
They are not powerfull, aside from helping to free the world ofcourse!!

Enjoy whatever you like.

Return to “General Discussion”