Name That Car

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Re: Name That Car

Post by VFK44 »

The 541 in that picture was last MOT'd in the UK two years later, in 1988. Anyone know where it is now?
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
DAVID

Post by DAVID »

Well vaguely................. it was originally registered TBC 94 and first owned by Fox's Glacia Mints, (but much later the Boots company bought the plate), I believe that it sported tail fins at some part of its life but not when I had it, I bought it from Mike Byrne in 85 and sold it in 93 in bits to a friend in Australia who has since passed it on, so it is still around Melbourne somewhere, I gather the body is now good (the friend was a proffessional modelmaker and proto build expert, one of the best actually), it was VG mechanically, but I dont know if it is back on the road.
The photo was taken outside IAD in Worthing in 86, the rather rude gentleman was a French designer called Patrick Reymond, looking at the photo I had forgotten how small the ALIEN actually was (loosly based on a Panther Solo package), the 541 was considered quite a big car then, now it is even dwarfed by a Polo !!!
1958 541, 541/2143848 (JJX 569)
Mazda MX 5
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

Not name that car, but what's that plexiglass thing for?
IMG_0893.JPG
IMG_0893.JPG (185.04 KiB) Viewed 4026 times
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
shaun

Post by shaun »

Fly screen? Early head up display?
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
shaun

Post by shaun »

Any thoughts? Probably too easy....
Attachments
DSC00188.JPG
DSC00188.JPG (122.67 KiB) Viewed 3926 times
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
Grant

Post by Grant »

:shock: Got to be a Austin Princess prototype is it not Shaun? :? ... It's not very nice anyway :cry:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
shaun

Post by shaun »

No, I don't believe. SD2
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
Grant

Post by Grant »

shaun wrote:No, I don't believe. SD2
What do you mean Shaun.. Its a Rover SD2 :?: :shock: .. good god.. good job that didn't go into production then.. I should think they wouldn't have sold even 1 of them!! :D ... Bloody Orrible :? :lol:
Last edited by Grant on Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
shaun

Post by shaun »

Triumph SD2 - Dolomite replacement but never to be
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

It looks like a cross between a Lada at the front and a Citroen at the rear.

You do have to wonder what the car designers were smoking in those days, even some of the ones that made it in to production were the kind of car only a blind person would buy.

Different times I know and I remember my father telling me how difficult it was to get new cars for his reps. He would order a dozen cars and they would turn up in dribs and drabs over several months. Half of them would be back at the dealers within weeks and a couple of those would go back time and time again for endless problems. It did not matter what manufacturer they were from as he tried many makes. No wonder the Japanese cars became so successful.

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
Grant

Post by Grant »

Steve Payne wrote:It looks like a cross between a Lada at the front and a Citroen at the rear.

You do have to wonder what the car designers were smoking in those days, even some of the ones that made it in to production were the kind of car only a blind person would buy.

Different times I know and I remember my father telling me how difficult it was to get new cars for his reps. He would order a dozen cars and they would turn up in dribs and drabs over several months. Half of them would be back at the dealers within weeks and a couple of those would go back time and time again for endless problems. It did not matter what manufacturer they were from as he tried many makes. No wonder the Japanese cars became so successful.

Steve
Can't believe you said that Steve, I 1st typed Lada to Shaun on the thread, then edited it because I know he was at Gaydon and knew it couldn't be a Lada, whilst looking and trying to work it out I thought the back looked like Citroen, but again due to being in Gaydon knew it had to be Leyland based, he gave the clue when he said SD ... and I still got it wrong!! :oops: :lol: Orrible cars from Leyland!!, mind you .. the managing director of Leyland who also set up Gaydon museum bought a brand new MK3 Interceptor and kept it hidden!! He was good friend with Karl Duerr I believe.. I wanted to buy the car a few years ago but we didn't strike the deal, it was absolutely as original and un-molested as I have ever seen!! :shock: :P
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

I note its on a P plate and i believe its probably an earlier design for the sd1 that never made it but did get registerd there are lots of similarities to the sd1 but fk its ugly i am sure the first sd1 were on a p plate, cracking old cars get good v8 they were high speed movers, leyland also supplied you with 2 gold fish when you bought one in readiness for both left and right glove boxes to fill with rain water, :wink: :D :D :D :D :D owned lots of em fave was the ltd run V8 S lovely teddy bear interiors, :D
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

Spotted in Exeter today.

I know what it is do you ?

John P
Attachments
IMG_1426.JPG
IMG_1426.JPG (250.61 KiB) Viewed 3790 times
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
slotcarone

Post by slotcarone »

Looks like an R on the wheel cap!!
1972 Interceptor III
133-5612
John Staddon
JOC C-V8 Registrar

Post by John Staddon »

Royale Sabre, a friend in my other club used to own one.

Regards

John
Early Interceptor INT885347
C-V8 Mk111 112/2334

Return to “General Discussion”