Carl Duerr

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
colin7673
now normal...

Carl Duerr

Post by colin7673 »

There has been a posting somewhere and Carl Duerr name came up.

While clearing out a cupboard I came across this, an article written in Autocar 15 January 1970.

Under the heading 'How to change Red into Black

I have scanned it in and hope that your be able to read it without to much trouble
Attachments
IMG_20141019_0001_NEW.jpg
IMG_20141019_0001_NEW.jpg (181.71 KiB) Viewed 6191 times
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Per

Re: Carl Duerr

Post by Per »

It can also be found in the Brooklands Books collections of road tests etc.. At least one of them has a fairly good quality copy.
Per
Not only English cars these days, an Italian is part of the stable again 8)
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

colin7673 wrote:There has been a posting somewhere and Carl Duerr name came up.

While clearing out a cupboard I came across this, an article written in Autocar 15 January 1970.

I have scanned it in and hope that your be able to read it without to much trouble
Interesting for me - I believe thats my car in the photo
Grant

Post by Grant »

Delboy wrote:
colin7673 wrote:There has been a posting somewhere and Carl Duerr name came up.

Interesting for me - I believe thats my car in the photo
That is a special car you got there Delboy :shock: .. lovely history, I would be really please with that sort of history :wink:
Good find that Clipping Colin :)

I remember having & watching a Video about Carl Duerr when he was at Jensen ... I am sure it was called "The Turn Around Man", a very interesting piece of footage/Documentry, :shock: .. I remember he used to have a "Kip" in the afternoon at work and then he said he would wake up "Bright Eyed and Bushytailed" :lol: ... I dont think I have that Video anymore though or I would love to add the footage to here .. anyone? :?:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

Talking about Carl Duerr...........
(Photo stolen from Richard Calver)

https://driventowrite.com/2016/10/30/ca ... -director/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.macearchive.org/Archive/Titl ... 14492.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jensen-director.jpg
jensen-director.jpg (266.35 KiB) Viewed 5895 times
Last edited by AH1951 on Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grant

Post by Grant »

Its strange I cannot find anything on the Net about the film or a link, maybe I have the name of the film wrong .. I'll keep searching .... :)
I'll have to look harder upsatirs in the Video Box, but I think I have given it back to the person who loaned me it ... But then again I am sure I refused to return it :lol: :lol:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
ajm541s

Post by ajm541s »

It was a TV film/documentary piece with Judith Chalmers, a motoring correspondent for The Times, in conjunction with the BBC.

Carl's wife, Marianna, was in the running for the part of Frau Krebbs, apparently, in the James Bond films, but she was better known as a Shakespearian actress I believe. I have tried to trace her history without any success at all, I think mainly because I am not sure of her maiden name, although I think it was Wischener or similar, hyphenated with Duerr.

Carl's last occupation was as owner of the Ann Shaw Organisation, a management consultancy based in Alderley Edge. My wife and I brought his Interceptor back from Munich and delivered it to Jensen Parts and Service for restoration. It was in a very poor state but a great drive!
Tony Marshall
JML 1967-74

JOC 7828
Grant

Post by Grant »

ajm541s wrote:It was a TV film/documentary piece with Judith Chalmers, a motoring correspondent for The Times, in conjunction with the BBC.

Carl's wife, Marianna, was in the running for the part of Frau Krebbs, apparently, in the James Bond films, but she was better known as a Shakespearian actress I believe. I have tried to trace her history without any success at all, I think mainly because I am not sure of her maiden name, although I think it was Wischener or similar, hyphenated with Duerr.

Carl's last occupation was as owner of the Ann Shaw Organisation, a management consultancy based in Alderley Edge. My wife and I brought his Interceptor back from Munich and delivered it to Jensen Parts and Service for restoration. It was in a very poor state but a great drive!
Brilliant memories you have from your career Tony .. thank you for always sharing :P ... but what was the name of the film/documentry .. I want to try and find it again :shock: :wink:
With my regards
Grant :P
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
ajm541s

Post by ajm541s »

Hasty correction, NOT Judith Chalmers (Travel writer/presenter), but Judith Jackson. She worked with Max Boyd, senior motoring correspondent for The Times. Hope I have it right this time!

Cannot remember the title of the programme, but I am pretty sure it was aired in 1969. Maybe BBC archive department would help.
Tony Marshall
JML 1967-74

JOC 7828
PaulMcElhinney

Post by PaulMcElhinney »

Some of that luggage from the Director car still exists.
Paul McElhinney - Mk I 115/3309 in Positano yellow, FF Mk II 127/289.
Grant

Post by Grant »

PaulMcElhinney wrote:Some of that luggage from the Director car still exists.
How do you know Paul, where have you seen it then? :shock:
wishing you well Paul :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
ajm541s

Post by ajm541s »

Update on search for Carl Duerr program. I have launched an enquiry with the Guild of Motoring Writers whose older members may well be able to throw some light, although I learn that Judith J was not a member. More news as and when.
Tony Marshall
JML 1967-74

JOC 7828
Grant

Post by Grant »

ajm541s wrote:Update on search for Carl Duerr program. I have launched an enquiry with the Guild of Motoring Writers whose older members may well be able to throw some light, although I learn that Judith J was not a member. More news as and when.
Thank you so much Tony :wink: .. meanwhile I am going upstairs to have a rummage too :P
Thank you Tony :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
ajm541s

Post by ajm541s »

Grant. No reply received from Judith Jackson, but I have discovered that a video exists of the programme. If you would drop me a mail to marshallsat138@yahoo.co.uk, I will forward it on so that the man who has it an get in touch with you.
Happy Christmas!
Tony
Tony Marshall
JML 1967-74

JOC 7828
Grant

Post by Grant »

ajm541s wrote:Grant. No reply received from Judith Jackson, but I have discovered that a video exists of the programme. If you would drop me a mail to marshallsat138@yahoo.co.uk, I will forward it on so that the man who has it an get in touch with you.
Happy Christmas!
Tony
Good Morniong Tony :P
Brilliant News & Thank you Tony :P >>> and wishing you and your loved ones a Very Happy Christmas too :)
Email coming in a Mo :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage

Return to “General Discussion”