Ouch !!

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Keith

Re: Ouch !!

Post by Keith »

I wonder if that's my old car. How many BRG TR6s in Oz? Was it originally registered in NSW?
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
AndrewP

Post by AndrewP »

Dont think so Keith.

This was an original Oz imported TR6 (1969), CP26XXX which means a fairly early one as well.

The good news is that its starting its journey back to its former glory as of this weekend. I have a donor car that is too far gone to rescue which will 'gift' the important bits to the green one to get it up and running again.
Andrew P
Perth, Western Australia.
Interceptor Mk3 #1284312
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

All 8 Corvettes have now been recovered from the Museum sinkhole, with the condition getting worse the deeper they were.

The final 2001 Z06 is virtually unfixable, and may be left as it is on display.

Sensibly, they are displaying all the smashed cars in their broken state at the big meeting in August - I think this will be a tremendous draw. The Z06 will probably become the biggest crowd pleaser in the museum!
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Jens
Dr. Umlaut & Area Rep for Germany

Post by Jens »

VFK44 wrote:...

Sensibly, they are displaying all the smashed cars in their broken state at the big meeting in August - I think this will be a tremendous draw. The Z06 will probably become the biggest crowd pleaser in the museum!
So probably the (w)hole thing was done on purpose 8)
In order of appearance:

(sold) C-V8 Mk III 112/2432
541 S 102/1035
(sold) FF MkII 127/243 (sold)
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
(sold)Jensen GT 1610/30257(sold)
Scimitar GTE SE5
Gordon Keeble #21
Keith

Post by Keith »

AndrewP wrote:Dont think so Keith.

This was an original Oz imported TR6 (1969), CP26XXX which means a fairly early one as well.
Mine was a 1970 or 71. First thing I did was fit the little black bib spoiler at the front.

Used to get sunburned on the Bells Line of Road from Lithgow to Sydney and back.
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Going back to Sir George White's Bristol, it is interesting to see that this F-reg car originally had modern reflective plates, but now it has been restored it is on black and silver "period" plates.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Barrie
Tupperware Extraordinaire!

Post by Barrie »

Uninjured 91 yr old driver slipped on accelerator.
“Even in a time of elephantine vanity and greed, one never has to look far to see the campfires of gentle people." Garrison Keillor
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

Barrie wrote:Image

Are you OK Barrie :oops:
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

VFK44 wrote:Going back to Sir George White's Bristol, it is interesting to see that this F-reg car originally had modern reflective plates, but now it has been restored it is on black and silver "period" plates.
The white front and yellow rear plates were permitted from 1968. So when this car was originally registered they would have been the very latest and smartest accessory to have. Most likely the reason they were on the Bristol. Strange now that we now all think that anything pre-1973 must have a black and white style when clearly many didn't.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

Barrie wrote:Image
It probably wasn't his fault, just an incompatible floor mat.
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/toyota-pa ... d=22972214" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Highway Patrolman Mark Saylor and three members of his family had been killed after the accelerator in his Lexus had become stuck on an incompatible floor mat. Saylor was able to call 911 while his car was speeding over 100 miles per hour and explain his harrowing ordeal right up until the crash that ended his life."

What I want to know is, Why didn't the brakes work?
And couldn't he have put the car into NEUTRAL?
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

AH1951 wrote:
Barrie wrote:
"Highway Patrolman Mark Saylor and three members of his family had been killed after the accelerator in his Lexus had become stuck on an incompatible floor mat. Saylor was able to call 911 while his car was speeding over 100 miles per hour and explain his harrowing ordeal right up until the crash that ended his life."

What I want to know is, Why didn't the brakes work?
And couldn't he have put the car into NEUTRAL?

Or turned the engine off.... Coasted to a stop...

But Of course in the States, its just easier to Sue.........
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Barrie

Post by Barrie »

RAP72 wrote: Are you OK Barrie :oops:
Oh, arf arf, as a friend of mine would say.
I'm supposed to have no feelings in the matter. Just because life has not been kind to me in the looks dept.
:cry:
“Even in a time of elephantine vanity and greed, one never has to look far to see the campfires of gentle people." Garrison Keillor
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

The Sinkhole Corvettes:
Before & After:
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/26/trave ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Barrie

Post by Barrie »

From Davide Bassoli's excellent book ' Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining'
Well, this one didn't.

VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

One of a pair of ploughing engines "fell off the back of a lorry" in Essex following its first appearance after being restored.
The 21-tonne Fowler engine, named the 'Giant Panther', which was made in 1917, missed an electric pylon by inches after falling off the low loader as it went around a blind bend.
The ploughing engine's flywheel, boiler and steering mechanism were damaged in the accident in Crays Hill, Billericay, Essex.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... LORRY.html

Stephen, Epping, Essex

Return to “General Discussion”