Guilty Pleasure!!

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
AH1951

Re: Guilty Pleasure!!

Post by AH1951 »

Those Bristols, they no longer go cheaply.
http://www.motorbase.com/vehicle/by-id/2067809405/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.classiccars.co.uk/bristol/412/advert/11453" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JHV8

Post by JHV8 »

Having owned 2 Datsun 240z in the past I always find myself trawling the "ZClub" to see if any decent ones are for sale. Pipe dream as SWMBO would never let me buy another 2 seater sports car!
16 valves but 4 extra pistons.

Rob d'Eca
JH-V8 - 13296
JOC No. 8081

https://www.printwell.london/deca/

Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

Once again, I wasn't able to get my phone out of my pocket quick enough to take a pic of the purple (cassis?) daily driver 1973 Morris marina that drove toward me today ...

And for me, hillman avenger ... With hot sticky vinyl seats obviously
Torquemada

Post by Torquemada »

Tim SP wrote:I'm talking looking out for, well, no easy way,so am just going to say a Morris Marina 1.8tc coupe ideally orange (blaze) or purple tulip.
Whats your closet love, a first car you find yourself constantly cruising e-bay for, or like me champion of the '70's so called rubbish.
Or your dads car etc.
Funny as Aubrey (mint Inter 11) bought a Marina, well he is a Californian so is even more unusual & his dad bought one new-they were badged Austin there!
Avenger Tiger anyone??
I cant, well I wont name names but I'm not alone!
Gone are the days I can exclaim my love of 2-Door Rovers (Range-Rovers) & Pre HE XJ-S
But this is the list of the dammed. (a mate of a mate loves Tr7's shhhhh)
I have to say this,crap when new and still crap now.
We Sustain

I don't have many friends, but the ones I do have are scared of me.
taximan

Post by taximan »

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/car ... 72/193467/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

£3,499

Shaun.
VAUXHALL VISCOUNT 1969
MB W213 220D
MB E Class Cabriolet
JOC Member 9052
Dion

Post by Dion »

Strange to see that there is so much fascination for 70s cars here.
I never had that, always thought the 70s were much too plasticky and lacked the idealism of their forerunners. Only one or two 70s cars come to mind - Stag, AMC Pacer (respect for the radical thinking of that).

I love 60s cars but lately I found myself more and more on the lookout for an earlier car.
A Riley RMB / RMF (2.5 litre), AC 2 litre, Lea Francis 14, Triumph Roadster, Sunbeam Alpine (50s), Bentley MkVI / R or even an Austin A90 Atlantic would do nicely.

And I would want a big American sometime. Studebaker Coupes are fantastic, or a Chrysler/Imperial from the 50s or early 60s. Almost bought a huge 65 New Yorker three years ago.
On the completely other side of the scale, would say yes to a Bond 875. There was even a van version. How scary would that be with an Imp Sport engine!
The future ain’t what it used to be.

Interceptor Mk1 LHD & RHD
GT LHD
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

The AMC Pacer was famous for having the passenger door four inches longer than the driver's.
Motor magazine road tested it, and on their front cover stated, "We test the Pacer (and wish we hadn't)"
A dejected owner wrote in, "I read your magazine (and wish I hadn't.)"
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motor-magazin ... 1041581208" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"AMC's styling supremo Dick Teague (who, tellingly, had a problem with one of his eyes after a childhood car crash and was unable to perceive depth) ignored the contemporary fashion for angular bodywork and instead fashioned a rounded, futuristic two-door hatchback that had a definite touch of the lunar vehicle about it, with massively deep goldfish-bowl windows."
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 80350.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

AH1951 wrote:The AMC Pacer was famous for having the passenger door four inches longer than the driver's.
Which when converted to RHD for the UK became the drivers door and was too big for UK parking spaces!
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Dion wrote:Strange to see that there is so much fascination for 70s cars here.
I never had that, always thought the 70s were much too plasticky and lacked the idealism of their forerunners. Only one or two 70s cars come to mind - Stag, AMC Pacer (respect for the radical thinking of that).

I love 60s cars but lately I found myself more and more on the lookout for an earlier car.
A Riley RMB / RMF (2.5 litre), AC 2 litre, Lea Francis 14, Triumph Roadster, Sunbeam Alpine (50s), Bentley MkVI / R or even an Austin A90 Atlantic would do nicely.

And I would want a big American sometime. Studebaker Coupes are fantastic, or a Chrysler/Imperial from the 50s or early 60s. Almost bought a huge 65 New Yorker three years ago.
On the completely other side of the scale, would say yes to a Bond 875. There was even a van version. How scary would that be with an Imp Sport engine!

YES BUT WHAT age are you ??????????????
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

Er, just thought of another. Renault 16TX.
Keith

Post by Keith »

Mark1Stu wrote:Er, just thought of another. Renault 16TX.
Mark, pull yourself together.

:D
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
PaulMcElhinney

Post by PaulMcElhinney »

If we can have two goes I'm going to go for an Austin 3 litre.
Paul McElhinney - Mk I 115/3309 in Positano yellow, FF Mk II 127/289.
Grant

Post by Grant »

PaulMcElhinney wrote:If we can have two goes I'm going to go for an Austin 3 litre.
What AKA LAND CRAB!! :lol: oh no they wernt 3 lite were they :cry:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
PaulMcElhinney

Post by PaulMcElhinney »

Yes the Land Crab but the posh one with nice lines.
Paul McElhinney - Mk I 115/3309 in Positano yellow, FF Mk II 127/289.
73Mark111

Post by 73Mark111 »

I thought this thread was for guilty pleasures, the kind of cars you wouldn't normally admit to wanting. Some of the cars listed are not cringe worthy!
I can't see the bottom of the hole I've dug!

1973 Interceptor MK 111
136-8513

Return to “General Discussion”