Lightweight Interceptor - is this truth?

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Re: Lightweight Interceptor - is this truth?

Post by Chris_R »

The Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport with 1200PS (metric horsepower) and 1500 Nm of torque did 0-100km/h (62mph) in 2.5 seconds. The later Chiron with 1500PS and 1600 Nm shaved just 0.1 seconds from that.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

Yes, Chris, and that incredible car has all-wheel-drive, very special tires, traction control, and aerodynamic aids.
That car must be near the limit of what is possible with wheel-driven road cars.
Maybe our friend with the 'Killer' Interceptor could install a rocket engine to get to 60 mph in one second!
(Would require an acceleration of 2.73g.)

:D :D :D
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

I once had a Bugatti Veyron, 1001PS, the given values are hardly to reach, from 0-100 in 3 seconds with Pirelli P Zero 5x was max to reach on Hockenheim, with launch control 2,95s, with paddle shift 3,19s. Maximum speed on the formula 1 track was 415km/h but only with slicks, the first 30 minutes they performed well, afterwards 360 was max, after 1,5 hours they had been completely done...

It's a bullet - extreme understeering and in race mode, without ABS/ESP and traction control (adaptive suspension and throttle by electrobic control) 400km/h are a challenge
He's not worth the money

Better riding a Jensen at 120km/h in Belgium, enjoying the music of the engine :lol:
Jensen Interceptor MKIII convertible
Ford GT 40
Ferrari F430 F1 (sold)
Lotus Super Seven (Westfield)
Mercedes SLK AMG
and some others...
www.doctors-garage.be
johnw

Post by johnw »

Wolfgang wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:44 pm I once had a Bugatti Veyron, 1001PS, the given values are hardly to reach, from 0-100 in 3 seconds with Pirelli P Zero 5x was max to reach on Hockenheim, with launch control 2,95s, with paddle shift 3,19s. Maximum speed on the formula 1 track was 415km/h but only with slicks, the first 30 minutes they performed well, afterwards 360 was max, after 1,5 hours they had been completely done...

It's a bullet - extreme understeering and in race mode, without ABS/ESP and traction control (adaptive suspension and throttle by electrobic control) 400km/h are a challenge
He's not worth the money

Better riding a Jensen at 120km/h in Belgium, enjoying the music of the engine :lol:
The owner of this car is a Spiritual Leader. Seriously, look at his youtube comments. His followers are there to learn, to be empowered, etc, the things you want from a Guru. The car, his car, has attained a near mythical status among his followers. He has owned the car for 30+ years, he was using it in his youth, he has thinned out his collection which included at least 3 Jensens probably many more, had this one retrimmed at ReJen, kept this and another Jensen, some other cars too probably.

He considers buying the car a good decision that he made in his youth, good foresight, the symbolism being that the car is still the the best in the world because it is something you can be in control of, you can control its destiny, shape it to whatever you want, for example a stroker kit, a nitro button, special bell housing with custom hydraulic clutch etc. 1000BHP+ from 8 litres is not difficult or unrealistic these days. These modifications are things the Veyron owner has seceded to “the greater powers at Volkswagen”. He doesn’t want his spiritual followers to do that. He wants them to take their car, lighten it, take control of that manual gearbox, and drive it. Perhaps that is a message he wants people to do in their lives too. There is certainly something special and empowering about driving a Jensen compared to a regular car. A manual gearbox, nitro button, extra wide but still too narrow for the power Wolfrace wheels. Sounds like someone is getting ready for the next Mad Max movie!

As the head of the “Spiritual Organisation”, I would assume that "The Gatekeeper" might have done the website based on on of his teachings. I'm pretty sure that is it! Something along those lines is going on. He was selling some stuff on ebay. A Mini Cooper shell from £1, A Vignale Interceptor with original interior/wood panels etc for restoration. A farm in the property section. You often see Jensens on Bradbury 4 posters in the factory photos. A Bradbury 4 post lift was on ebay for about £50 or some nominal buy it now figure. How cool would that have been! Logistics stopped me getting that. That is how I got talking to him about Jensens and the lift etc.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

6FAB22AF-B020-439C-A9F1-0B79904655DE.jpeg
6FAB22AF-B020-439C-A9F1-0B79904655DE.jpeg (170.11 KiB) Viewed 2815 times
Dear John,

it's my day per day job and passion to customize cars, for customers. The Lotus I've done now is for the Brussels interclassics to show or core competence, comes originally with a 2 litre Ford engine, new crankshaft, customized pistons, modified cylinder head and Weber's DCOE 55 - leading him only to around 180PS, but with a total weight of 550kg. No servo brake, no servo steering and no hydraulic clutch, stiff axle in the rear - but Wilwood brakes and adaptive suspension (springs and dampers). It's even for me as ex Porsche race driver and participiant in the Ferrari challenge always maximum concentraton when driving. A little bit to much throttle and he is going over the rear, braking to late you have in fact no steering - means if there is a wall at the end of the curve you're simply (in best case) in the hospital.

So I'm always telling my customers to be careful. The Ford GT40 I've done last year with around 800 PS was crashed this year by the owner (total damage), but by luck he survived...

A friend in US died last year in the top fueler class (V8 Nitro with around 5000 PS) because his parachute didn't open and he hit the wall and the car got on fire.

Nowadays technically there are nearly now limits regarding to performance - but the guy who is handling must have the knowledge, and if you only look at normal traffic minimum the half of the guys having a driving license are not able to handle their standard cars, especially in rain, snow or ice.

In fact my wife doesn't like the Lotus, saying he is too aggressive - and she was a former cart racer...

Met motorsportive groetjes from Belgium
Wolfgang
Ford GT 40
Ferrari F430 F1 (sold)
Mercedes SLK AMG
and some others...
www.doctors-garage.be
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

johnw wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:15 pm Seriously, look at his youtube comments.
John, it's not possible to take his YouTube comments seriously.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

The owner of this car is a Spiritual Leader.
So am I. Every time someone sees me they say "Oh God".
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

Hi Chris,

you're always right, keep the car as original as possible - I'm also exchanging carbs, adding some electronic systems, like sound and navigation, but all installed to get it back to the status of 1974 (the time my interceptor was first time o the road) Quite for sure I'm not trusting the gauges - so I installed an electronic system-blue tooth driven which is reporting to my I-Pad, also containing my navigation system, but to be removed easily, and for the cooling system (fans) I had simply installed an electric override. The Holley I replaced by a Edelbrock (bigger inlet) - but in fact you don't need it, it's only working better.

Please keep these icones of cars as original as possible - they're the history od the last 125 years of mobility on highest level.
95704123-C613-4F29-8D1C-88A5551B72D5.jpeg
95704123-C613-4F29-8D1C-88A5551B72D5.jpeg (157.96 KiB) Viewed 2786 times
EB14C27F-F3C8-4B5C-896D-54DD5877F66A.jpeg
EB14C27F-F3C8-4B5C-896D-54DD5877F66A.jpeg (116.25 KiB) Viewed 2786 times
Ford GT 40
Ferrari F430 F1 (sold)
Mercedes SLK AMG
and some others...
www.doctors-garage.be
Grant

Post by Grant »

VFK44 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:10 pm
The owner of this car is a Spiritual Leader.
So am I. Every time someone sees me they say "Oh God".
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

Hey Grant - old guy,

if somebody is saying to me 'Oh my God' it may have two aspects
1. I have done his car better as he aspected.
2. I messed it up regrading to his opinion.

By luck most of the time my customers are choosing position 1 :lol: :lol: :lol:

For this 'lightweight interceptor' my personal position will be 2.

Have fun with your nice interceptors
Wolfgang
Ford GT 40
Ferrari F430 F1 (sold)
Mercedes SLK AMG
and some others...
www.doctors-garage.be
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

I see this thread dates back to 2013.
It has given many of us a lot of fun.
If ever there were a case for a separate 'entertainment' section, this is it!

I think the car would look much better without the old shoe box on the bonnet.

Did anybody buy one of the 'Money Jewelry Psychotronic Generator' things that VFK44 mentioned in an early post?
Adrian Harlow

:D
Julian

Post by Julian »

The thread that just keeps giving :)

And he is able to vote and drive despite an apparent tenuous grip on reality regarding his vehicles performance potential.
BMW M635csi (Dinan 3.8) & 1976 Interceptor Convertible
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

He’s back with an updated video

It’s now ‘the fastest ever 1960’s road car’ !

Suitable for billionaires…

Enjoy ..

https://youtu.be/Td5Tuv2Afm8
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

From his website: Killer and Killer Queen... :roll: Was it Bill Burr who said he avoids the internet, because unlike a public library it doesn't have a separate fiction and a non-fiction section...
65D9A862-6EA1-4540-9D67-298F56BDE6C7.jpeg
65D9A862-6EA1-4540-9D67-298F56BDE6C7.jpeg (177.43 KiB) Viewed 2138 times
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

:shock: :shock: :shock: what?? https://www.joc.org.uk/Interceptor_Mk_1/116_2875.html you mean the history is a terminological inexactitude!

I couldn't watch all the Utube video but thought the fact it had its original 440 engine [ now bored out, the engine and me :D ] interesting.

Return to “General Discussion”