SCALE INTERCEPTOR MODELS: OXFORD OR NEO?

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Nicholas Lightbown

Re: SCALE INTERCEPTOR MODELS: OXFORD OR NEO?

Post by Nicholas Lightbown »

Tim SP wrote:I agree, and thats not because the club made them to order (or that I made them!!)
These as many will know are hand made-so stand the test of time, also are made to your exact spec colour,tim etc inc number plates.
A certain 'uber expert' has mixed paint that went onto their car.

Oxford are mega value, as K said the window is an issue for me on the Neo & are resin, but are very very good.
The Oxford is fantastic value, its also based on members cars, they were very bothered on detail.
That is extreme for a model maker.
Check out their DS420 the Q.M. one its mega.

Pathfinder like Enco (or now under TinWizard which are mega & cleaned up the original & made iot better), the former are long gone & very expensive- reminds me of an article I wrote some time ago- it was jensen model city, inc massive scale one off's.

The corgi junior gift set with Inter, in either colour is a must for the pest (well me then!)!
We are lucky to have models, the Thoroughbred Jensen-Healey is easy one of the very best hand made's, its mega, also will make a good investment, the 32.95 for the Pathfinder 541R now looks way better than chucking in bank- its a 200-300 quid model, yep thats been paid.

My grandad (EX RAF-ww11) 1: 8 scale mk11 Interceptor - mango ex demo etc (JOC mag as mentioned) will take some beating, every panel opens tailgate etc, it is only topped by his aircraft models, some of which are in Hendon. Not biased!!
All are a credit to the mighty 'J'!!
I have every model, walt an-all- then again I am a pest!! Enjoy!

Tim

I'd LOVE to see a pic of the 1:8 scale Interceptor - your Grandfather sounds like an amazing artisan!

(others might wish to note Oxford will soon be releasing an Interceptor 1 finished in Crystal Blue)

NL
Jensen fancier, intermittent owner of British classics
Arcnewal

Post by Arcnewal »

Nicholas Lightbown wrote:(others might wish to note Oxford will soon be releasing an Interceptor 1 finished in Crystal Blue)

NL
This is exciting, another one for the collection. I wonder if the model will be based on Eric Morecambes Crystal Blue Mk1?
https://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/collect ... ue-43ji009" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
david wright

Post by david wright »

For those who like to collect all Jensen models, there will be both a P66 and a Jensen GT in the Matrix models range in about 12 months time.
In the meantime, I'm working with an enthusiast who is arranging the creation of a small number of both C-V8 models and Healey models in a small scale - about 1:64.

David
C-V8 Mk III 112/2328
MGA 1600 Mk II
Vast Collection of Models of British sports cars.
Han Kamp

Post by Han Kamp »

That is great news David. i too have been in contact with Matrix about a model of the GT and supplied them photos, brochures etc. about 2 years ago. I had also asked Silas (fredric cros) but he declined and told me that Matrix indeed planned to do the model. I cannot wait...
Han Kamp The Netherlands
Formerly owned Jensens: 1974 JH, 1976 GT, 1952 4 litre Interceptor, 1954 4 litre Interceptor Left Hand Drive, 1957 541.

clubwebsite: http://www.JensenHolland.nl

Return to “General Discussion”