You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
KevinB

Post by KevinB »

Hi there,

Just checking in as a new member. It's time to enjoy cars and driving again. It's been 30 years since I did so, what with families, life, boring company cars, 50k miles a year. Now I only go out in our lumbering 4x4 about twice a week shopping. Mind you that is at least a 60 mile round trip. We or I, have decided on a Jensen Healey as a step to enjoying cars and driving again, so I am in the market for a good reliable and sorted car. In the late 70's and 80's I used to co-drive/navigate on road and stage events in all the usual cars of the day. it is our plan to be involved in some classic rallying, the Classic Malts Rally comes past our door once a year and thats the big ideal for us, might be a struggle to give up the maps though.

looking forward to meeting you all on the forum if not face to face.

Forgot to say, might as well to a bit of promoting. Our B&B, http://www.fascadail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is part of the Visit Scotland Classic Car Welcome Scheme. So if any of you are up this way, you know where to come. Weather has been good this year, scenery spectacular, roads even better.

Kevin
Kevin B
Healey Mk1 1140/10091

Scotland Rep.
Keith

Re: New member

Post by Keith »

Welcome to the forum Kevin.

I don't think you'll get a lot of response this evening as a lot of forum stalwarts are exploring darkest Buckinghamshire this weekend. I've looked out my pith helmet and I plan to catch up with them tomorrow.

But welcome anyway! Your part of the world was subject to an article in the JOC magazine about 27 years ago ('Our Favourite Roads') and that featured a Jensen-Healey, so it's about time we had some news from there.

Keith
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
newfiegt

Post by newfiegt »

Welcome to the forum Kevin. Its always nice to keep the Scottish flag flying. I am not that far from you(Dunblane) and pass your way regularly with the Stirling classic club . A dealer just South of Edinburgh did have a JH in stock, but it would be wise to take your time and be prepared to travel for a good one. Good luck with your search.

NewfieGT
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

Hi Kevin, welcome to Jensen World. I will be up in your neck of the woods the first weekend of Sept. on a two day rally Glasgow/Oban/Helensburgh with an assortment of other classic cars. See http://www.kittochrotary.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for details. You probably won`t have a car by then but it`s an annual event in a super area. I think there are still places available if any other members are interested. Your just a little far away from the finish for a stay but maybe some other time as I often tour in Scotland.
KevinB

Post by KevinB »

Good to hear from you all and thanks for all the useful advice. Looking forward to getting involved.

Kevin
Kevin B
Healey Mk1 1140/10091

Scotland Rep.

Return to “General Discussion”