Classic car auction (Salvage).

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Dan Smith

Classic car auction (Salvage).

Post by Dan Smith »

Saturday the 16th September is the next Classic car auction held by Universal Salvage. Click on the link below, go to Auctions - Forthcoming Auction - Down to Sandy Classic car, click on view.

www.universalsalvage.co.uk

No Jensens but a couple of old Rovers as per previous posts. Lots of Porsches (good to see these smashed up :twisted: ). A nice Bentley, Lotus Esprit S4, MG's, VW's.
MikeWilliams
Early Cars Expert

Post by MikeWilliams »

Dan,

What a fascinating site. Lots of boring modern German stuff, but surprises like an Austin A30 and Bentley S1, both with (apparently) relatively minor damage. Makes me wonder how these cars got into the sale and whether some poor owner has been paid a pittence by his insurance company who then claimed his car. I don't like insurance companies and feel they are only marginally more trustworthy than salesmen.

It worries me that I could be at risk somehow and not know it. Does anyone have experience of a classic car write-off that we can learn from?
Mike
(former JOC Early Cars Registrar)
(former owner of 116/3328 and P66)
Still own 1938 Jensen HL1 drophead
Tim SP
JOC Interceptor Variants Registrar

uni-sal

Post by Tim SP »

I went there to see a mk1 int, a mate went for 911 porkers.
all there was were loads of joe-puter, paying mental money for cat c/d which in the main was crap pre accident. It was a real eye opener, there seems to be 'loads born every minute'!
The only thing there worth bothering with was a 92 turbo R with vandal fire damage to rear, it looked far worse than it was.
I thought 6-7 grand would do it, It went for what it was worth pre damage.
so didn't buy the Bender turbo either, came home with nowt!

Return to “General Discussion”