Peter Harwood's Interceptor selected for Goodwood Revival

Peter Harwood's Interceptor III at Goodwood Revival
zacmarshall

Peter Harwood's Interceptor selected for Goodwood Revival

Post by zacmarshall »

This is Peter Harwood's Interceptor III.

The car has been short-listed by Sir Stirling Moss as one of 30 cars competing for one of the three prestigious daily “Best in Show” awards organised by Insurance Broker Stewart Miller & Peter James at the Goodwood Revival Meeting on 9th, 10th and 11th September.

Ten cars will be displayed on each of the three days located ‘Over the Road’ at the Stewart Miller & Peter James Insurance Stand - No. 369 - and all visitors will be very welcome to view them.

In 1974, Peter was a teenager in Australia when he saw an Interceptor for the first time. He knew that one day he would have to own one! In 2001 he found his 100% original car that had been shipped to Oz when about a year old. The car required only slight restoration and in 2012 Peter brought the car back to the UK. The Jensen Owners’ Club helped Peter to establish the car’s history and find the original registration plates. Used regularly, the car has won numerous awards and featured on the front of “Classic & Sports Car’s” - Aston vs Jensen cover story in the September 2014 issue.

Peter needs your vote: you can vote online now by clicking on the link below or on the Stewart Miller & Peter James Insurance Stand ‘Over the Road’ at Revival.

Follow this link for more information: http://www.peterjamesinsurance.co.uk/goodwood-2016/
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
zacmarshall

Re: Peter Harwood's Interceptor selected for Goodwood Reviva

Post by zacmarshall »

Some more info from Peter:

Peter bought the car in Australia in 2001. It had been shipped there when it was a year or two old (probably migrated with its owners from the UK). Prior to him buying it, the car had been stored in a shipping container for around 10 years due to high fuel costs (she drove an MX5 instead) and ironically it was in the yard of a house that almost backed onto a property that he once owned in Sydney.

The Jensen was very original and totally rust free when he found it. Over the years he has sympathetically restored the car to almost concours condition. They moved from Australia to the UK in 2009 and in 2012 he shipped the car back to the UK. He managed to obtain the original UK plates with some help from the JOC and still have the JSN 007 Australian plates ‘on hold’ waiting for the Jensen Interceptor to feature in the next Bond film! The following year it won Silver 1st Place Interceptor at the 2013 JOC International.

As above the car has since been featured in the ‘Aston vs Jensen’ cover story for the September 2014 issue of Classic & Sports Car Magazine. The 7 page feature story was great, however the most rewarding aspect was easily beating the Aston in a drag race down the aircraft runway!!

As can be seen on the video Peter enjoys driving it.

http://youtu.be/ntnMW3p6tm8
Peter driving up Prescott Hill Climb
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Martin K

Post by Martin K »

Beautiful car and photos - I voted! :D
Martin Kennedy

1969 FF Mk1 119/098 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juWEc85hC6Q
1970 Lotus Elan S4 DHC
JOC Member 10029
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

I've voted - best of luck Peter (& Mandy) Harwood!
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Jens
Dr. Umlaut & Area Rep for Germany

Post by Jens »

Any pictures of the car on the track? Or was it just exhibited?
In order of appearance:

(sold) C-V8 Mk III 112/2432
541 S 102/1035
(sold) FF MkII 127/243 (sold)
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
(sold)Jensen GT 1610/30257(sold)
Scimitar GTE SE5
Gordon Keeble #21
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

http://youtu.be/ntnMW3p6tm8

(from the bottom of an earlier post)
JOC Member No. 5061
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

zacmarshall wrote:http://youtu.be/ntnMW3p6tm8

(from the bottom of an earlier post)

Great sound and video. But what happened next?

Return to “September 2016”