Clive Bishop's Interceptor III

zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

Clive and wife Lindsey are the new Wessex Area Reps, this is their 1973 Interceptor III, bought earlier this year with 49,000 miles on the clock.

I've never noticed Lewi's mohican before

The man himself

Interceptors had been on the radar for a number of years, when Clive had the spare money to buy one he couldn’t find a good one, the good ones always seemed to come up when the money had been spent on other things. Luckily Clive finally managed to time it to get the two together.
The car’s first owner was a John Palmer from East Budleigh in Devon. The car was bought at Torquay Motors and issued registration number CTT 765L. Clive has tried to get this original number re-allocated to the car but apparently it is reserved for the military.

The car had so many warranty claims in the first year that the factory advised they would not accept any more claims. Even with the problems with the car Mr Palmer then part exchanged it for a new Interceptor at Auto Scuderia at Bristol. The history file shows some warranty work by Auto Scuderia, Clive did take it back 30 years later to see if they would honour the repair work but sadly not....

The car then passed to a gentleman in Ilford, Essex, then came back to the Wessex area with a Mr Gordon Giddes in Melksham, then to a George Evans in Lymington . From 1982 through 1999 the car was owned by an Arthur Bird on the Isle of Man, registered MAN 735. Club member Clive Everingham in Twickenham later bought the car and owned it for a number of years before selling it to Clive.

Clive picking the car up. It was found with help from club members (including a certain Mr Reed in the photo)

Photos taken at the South Glos show, note the carefully cut grass :D

For some more on the car see the member’s cars section:
http://www.joc.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=22740" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Mark1Stu

Re: Clive Bishop's Interceptor III

Post by Mark1Stu »

Nice car, nice chap, lovely legs :D
PaulMcElhinney

Post by PaulMcElhinney »

What an amazing coincidence! I was watching Crimewatch earlier tonight and the first photograph above was featured. Police were appealing in an effort to identify a man who stole a couple of beefburgers from a nearby burger van.
Paul McElhinney - Mk I 115/3309 in Positano yellow, FF Mk II 127/289.
robbie

Post by robbie »

what colour is it and is it original ?
garyc

Post by garyc »

The colour is Moss Green and is an original colour
Its a very nice car and drives really well the previous owner was called Clive as well as Zac mentioned
So thats a nice coincidence
Gary
Clive Bishop

Post by Clive Bishop »

I have to say that due to the care and attention and possibly lack of use by the two previous owners, the car is in great condition.

Sure I had done and will need to have done some fettling mechanically and the paint , now that it has been stored in an air tent has started to peel around the wheel arches, but the car is as shown all credit to the previous owners. LED's have been fitted to all internal bulbs so you can see everything now, outside lights have been done but the headlights will be changed in October time.

I had the car professionally moped and coated with a ceramic polish to protect it and I will certainly have the that done again with any new paint.

Won't be in any concours but it always looks clean and tidy.....
1973 Interceptor Mk III 136/8332 - Moss Green
1973 Jensen Healey Mk 1 11362 - Magenta - Owned by Lindsey
1972 Jensen Healey Mk 1 10343 - Sadly too far gone and so now a donor car
1973 Jensen Healey Mk 1 12504 - Sold for potential restoration / racer

Return to “July 2016”