Our new S-V8 Registrar's cars

Actually three cars, an Interceptor and two S-V8s.
zacmarshall

Our new S-V8 Registrar's cars

Post by zacmarshall »

The club appointed a new S-V8 registrar earlier this month, Chris Watts.

Chris has been a member of the Jensen Owners' Club since 2005, and currently own 2 Jensen S-V8’s, an Interceptor III, and a BMW Isetta bubble car.

Jensen S-V8. Registration V8 SVJ (chassis number 008) has been owned by Chris since 2009. It is Selenium Red with Black leather interior and is one of the original Aluminium bodied cars (later cars were steel bodied). It was displayed on the JOC stand at the NEC show in 2009.

Jensen S-V8. Registration MM02XBD (chassis number 019) has been owned by Chris since 2008. This car is British Racing Green with beige leather interior and was the last completed car to leave the Speke factory (cars were not dispatched in number order!).

Chris has owned this car for over 11 years. It is metallic grey, with blue leather and sheepskin inserts. It was the last car built by Jensen Motors before the company went into receivership in May 1976. It was kept in storage for 10 years at Mist’s garage in Birmingham, before being sold by auction in 1986 and registered for the first time (hence the 1986 plate!). The car has been resprayed at some point in its life, but is otherwise very original and believed to have covered just 9000 miles from new. Featured in Richard Calver’s book The History of Jensen – All the Models.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
CJ

Re: Our new S-V8 Rregistrar's cars

Post by CJ »

The S-V8 does nothing for me personally but that Interceptor 111 is just THE car for me. Wish I could find one like that. The S4 just again doesn,t cut the mustard, drove one & the small block is just a non starter.
Will keep searching :D

CJ.
He who dies with the most toys wins.
Ex Interceptor 111 owner
Arvor 730 Pilothouse
Mercedes E63 Wagon
Westfield Megabird
Tim SP
JOC Interceptor Variants Registrar

Post by Tim SP »

Very serious car this one- I have lusted over this one many years- there are only a teeny few as nice.
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

CJ wrote:The S-V8 does nothing for me personally but that Interceptor 111 is just THE car for me. Wish I could find one like that. The S4 just again doesn,t cut the mustard, drove one & the small block is just a non starter.
Will keep searching :D

CJ.
Blimey i see my thoughts, :wink:
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION

Return to “January 2016”