Interceptor/FF Day May 14th

Post advance news of events you will be attending
stevej
V8 Lover

Interceptor/FF Day May 14th

Post by stevej »

A copy of the Sandwell Council advertising posters and leaflets for the Historic Vehicle Show.

The entry passes will be sent out as soon as I receive them.

Have a few spare passes for late bookings , so give me a call if you decide to come along.

SteveJ

Davenewby

Post by Davenewby »

That looks like great publicity for Jensens! Well done Steve :D
Alan Smith1

Post by Alan Smith1 »

Here is the press release that has been produced for the day: -

Anniversary for a West Bromwich Motoring Icon.

In the 1960s and 70s it was the match for any Aston Martin or the Jaguar E-type, and some models cost as much as both of those cars put together. The West Bromwich built Jensen Interceptor was the car of choice for the rich, famous, and most discerning of motorists. Even today the beautiful lines of the Interceptor have caught the imagination of today’s celebrities Robbie Williams and James Blunt who have each chosen to feature one in recent music videos.

The 40th anniversary of the first Jensen Interceptor will be marked in its home town at The West Bromwich Car Show in Sandwell Park on Sunday 14th May. The Jensen Owners Club (JOC) had hoped to muster 40 cars for the day, but have surpassed expectations with over 70 Jensens due to attend. A special drive past the factory site (the buildings themselves no longer exist) will start the celebrations on the day and former employees will visit the Jensen stand to share memories and experiences.

Steve Johnson from the JOC says,
xxx€œPerhaps it’s the special lure of returning to its birthplace, but we are really delighted with the superb turn out. There will be cars arriving from all over the country to help celebrate what remains one of the most distinctive British classic cars on the road today. The Jensen marque may now be less familiar than its heyday but we would love the local people to come along and see just what was produced at the Kelvin Way factory."
Cheerio for now, Alan.
Mark Maniatt
Lord of the Pies
Lord of the Pies

Post by Mark Maniatt »

Well done to all involved in this important event.As a matter of interest,have any of the classic car publications been informed/invited or indeed the various television shows dedicated to the motor car :?: I'm thinking possibly Top Gear for instance.After all,apart from the E Type and may be one or two others is there a more distinctive and for its day a more advanced car than the FF/Interceptor?

Regards

Mark
Jazz and Jensens.There is a God
JOC Yorkshire Area Rep
Ole H Sanne

Post by Ole H Sanne »

I wish you all a senserily nice day. A shame I cannot be there and bring my car. I honestly belive this would be the biggest thing nest to visiting the factor itself back in the early 70's. But then we need a time machine.

Well done.
Best
Ole
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

I've cocked up big time - I will be in France when this is on. If anyone wants regalia bringing please let me know asap and I will see if I can get someone to take it (thanks Jean!)
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
ajm541s

Beaucoup d'assistance!

Post by ajm541s »

I will take stuff up, Zac, if you like. It is easy for me to collect from you and saves Jean the extra mile!

Tony
Tony Marshall
JML 1967-74

JOC 7828

Return to “Events”