Premier Inn at Chipping Norton
20%
The Sheep at Stow on the Wold
80%

Total votes: 5

zacmarshall

Healey weekend - hotel options

Post by zacmarshall »

As Rob has mentioned in the Healey weekend topic the hotel we booked with have cancelled the booking as they will be closing for refurbishment.

The hotel we had booked originally was one of the few hotels in the area that could accommodate all of us for a reasonable price and had parking.

We have narrowed the replacement down to two options:

The Premier Inn at Chipping Norton - Rooms currently showing at £246.50 for the Friday and Saturday night including breakfast if booked and paid for now. If booked and paid for later (or the club does it as a group booking) the price jumps to £308 including breakfast. Chipping Norton is a nice small town on the edge of the Cotswolds, there are a limited number of other hotels in town but none that could accommodate all of us.

The Sheep at Stow on the Wold, a very nice hotel in the heart of the Cotswolds (and where I used to drink as a youngster). They have 3 rooms available at £350 including breakfast for the Friday and Saturday night, some larger rooms at £390 including breakfast and still larger rooms Premium rooms for £420 for the two nights.
There are other hotels in Stow and Bourton on the Water and Moreton in the Marsh, both 4 miles away has more hotels and B&Bs

From Stow it is an 18 minute drive to Toddington where we meet on the Sunday, from Chipping Norton it is a 34 minute drive.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
TJG

Re: Healey weekend - hotel options

Post by TJG »

It might be a bit further away but there is a pub / hotel close to me that appear to have rooms available for £280 for Friday & Sat nights. They have a large car park as well. It’s about 45 minutes to Stow from here or to head straight to Hightone Restorations is about 1 hour. Link is below, they have 9 rooms in total but I can only see 4 free on the booking platform. If you’re interested it might be worth giving them a call to see if a better rate is available.link is here https://theraggedcot-minchinhampton.com/
zacmarshall

Re: Healey weekend - hotel options

Post by zacmarshall »

Thanks for the suggestion Tim.

The idea is to meet up at the Gloucestershire and Warwickshire Railway on the Sunday morning, for those that want to go on the train there is the 10:38 to Broadway which gets back to Toddington at 11:35 before heading to Cheltenham, and back. Going from Stow or Chipping Norton would be an easy drive which we could extend slightly into a scenic drive. I have some ideas for a lunch stop but will leave that for Rob to confirm.

If most people want to use the Sheep then Chipping Norton isn't that far for people that want to use the Premier Inn and there are lots of smaller hotels / B&Bs in the area. Interesting to see that the B&B across the road from where the bakery was in Bourton is still going - I remember seeing the old lady that ran it nicking bread from the bins to use for toast...

I guess Rob will see what other responses we get to the poll and what responses he gets from people that have booked that don't have forum access.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061

Return to “Events”