Scottish Spring Break 2022

Post advance news of events you will be attending
RichardGibson
JOC Scotland Rep

Scottish Spring Break 2022

Post by RichardGibson »

Hi All
A Happy New Year to one and all.
This year's Spring Break at the Drumossie Hotel in Inverness on the weekend of April 22nd to 25th is now almost organised.
Currently we have around 13 cars coming, hopefully most of them will be a Jensen.
Accommodation and hotel details have already been posted here but I have been busy sorting out the events for the Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday will start about 09h30 with a drive along the back road passing Culloden Moor, going through Cawdor (of Macbeth thane fame) to join the A96 just east of Nairn. We will continue to Forres, passing Brodie Castle before turning up the Moray coast road to Hopeman where we take the road through Duffus, passing Duffus Castle and Gordonstoun School (place of royal education), before arriving in Elgin for a visit to the Moray Motor Museum and lunch.
There are some nice exhibits at the museum.
On leaving Elgin on the A96 we will drive to Rothes for a visit to the Glen Grant Whisky distillery. As the Covid situation is still not settled we will be able to visit either the distillery or the gardens. We will however be able to visit the tasting room. Drivers will be able to take their dram away in a small bottle.
Remember Scottish drink drive laws are stricter than English drink drive laws.
From Rothes we will drive to Aberlour to join the A95 and drive to Grantown-on-Spey. Passing through Grantown we will drive over Dava Moor to Ferness then turn back towards Cawdor and the hotel.
Sunday, it turns out is "Drive it Day" and those who wish have been invited by the "Highland Classic Car Club" to take part in their "Drive it Day" rally.
For those who prefer, and do not suffer from loch-sickness, I am also organising a boat trip along Loch Ness circumstances permitting.
Regardless of which you prefer we will start out from the hotel around 09h30 to congregate at the "Drive it Day" start point at the "Roller Bowl"
It would help me enormously if those wishing to go on the boat trip could let me know please.
There are some scenic driving routes on offer this weekend, especially if the weather holds up.
Please try and join us for the weekend you will be most welcome.
Look forward to seeing you, keep well.
Richard
JOC Scotland Rep
rmangroo

Re: Scottish Spring Break 2022

Post by rmangroo »

Hi Richard,

Karan and I are really looking forward to this trip. Can't recall if I said we wanted the boat trip also. If not please do book us on it. Will you be getting rally plates for the trip?

Thanks for all your time organising it.

Raj
Raj Mangroo (She/Her)
JOC Regalia Secretary, regalia@joc.org.uk
JOC IT Officer, it@joc.org.uk
Helen

Post by Helen »

This sounds really good Richard and I am hoping to bring the FF up. I think I opted for the boat trip.

I am currently isolating with Covid so I am really looking forward to catching up with everyone in April.
Helen Newby
J-H II/FF II
rmangroo

Post by rmangroo »

O Helen,

I am so sorry to hear you are isolating due to covid. I hope it is not serious and you are OKAY.

Do take care and we too are looking forward to catching up again.

All the best Raj
Raj Mangroo (She/Her)
JOC Regalia Secretary, regalia@joc.org.uk
JOC IT Officer, it@joc.org.uk

Return to “Events”