JH 50th event 23rd and 24th July

Post advance news of events you will be attending
Bob Heydon

Re: Preliminary notice - JH 50th alternative event planning

Post by Bob Heydon »

JH 50th Anniversary update - apologies for the delay in posting this.

The event will take place over the weekend of 23rd and 24th July. Activities for Saturday and the Sunday have been confirmed but I'm still trying to find a hotel in the Stow area that can accommodate all of us. There are several that can take smaller groups but I'd like if possible for us all to be in one hotel.

Plan is to book the hotel for 2 nights, Friday 22nd and Saturday 23rd. Those that wish they can meet up at the hotel on the Friday evening, on Saturday we have a drive out of about 20 miles to meet at Hightone Classic & Vintage Car Restorers close to Steeple Aston, Oxfordshire. After this I've arranged for us to meet at The Motor Hub in Bibury in Gloucestershire. This is a about a 35 mile drive. Unfortunately the Motor Hub closes at 3pm on Saturdays so it will be a bit of a rush to fit both in. Segregated parking will be arranged at The Motor Hub for us. Obviously anyone can opt to do one or the other of these venues, or both.

For the Sunday I've arranged for us to go to the Gloucestershire and Warwickshire Steam Railway to meet at the car park at Toddington station. Allocated parking has been arranged. From the Stow on the Wold area it's just over a 10 mile drive.

Once I have the hotel finalised I'll put the details on here. In the meantime if I can have an idea of numbers that would like to attend the planned venues I'll be able to confirm numbers.
Hightone Classic & Vintage Car Restorers
The Motor Hub
Steam railway at Toddington

Many thanks,
Rob Heydon
J-H and GT Registrar
JH MK1 11988
JH Mk2 16813
1950 LE Vellocette Mk1
JOC 2059
Helen

Post by Helen »

This sounds good Rob. Put me down for the whole weekend.
Helen Newby
J-H II/FF II
David Devine

Post by David Devine »

Hi Rob

Just put it on the calendar and can also do the full weekend.

Dave
yellowhealey

Post by yellowhealey »

Sounds good to me will put it in the diary
Kevin Crafts
Jensen Healey MK1
Yamaha RD400F
Kawasaki Z650 C3
Peter Heywood

Post by Peter Heywood »

Rob,
please put us down to attend. Depending on the hotel, we may stay Sunday night as well.
Pete & Lynda Heywood
JHV8

Post by JHV8 »

Hi Rob, will drive over from South London Sunday, depends on timing might meet at hotel or station.
16 valves but 4 extra pistons.

Rob d'Eca
JH-V8 - 13296
JOC No. 8081

https://www.printwell.london/deca/

Mark Wright

Post by Mark Wright »

Jensen has just passed MOT today 😀
Count me and Maria in for the Cotswold weekend 👍
Attachments
Passed MOT
Passed MOT
EC193E2D-039D-451C-B0FE-32D48C99D0D2.jpeg (120.08 KiB) Viewed 1886 times
3ACD3E21-C011-4109-8BEB-BD3A7F6B672C.jpeg
3ACD3E21-C011-4109-8BEB-BD3A7F6B672C.jpeg (153.13 KiB) Viewed 1886 times
Current fleet!
Current fleet!
52360379-E490-4EC1-9A90-7E3978393DAF.jpeg (144.59 KiB) Viewed 1886 times
Jensen Healey Mk11 1973 (Red)
Morris Minor 1968
Triumph 1500TC 1974
TJG

Post by TJG »

Rob, count me in on that for both days. I live in the area so won’t stay at the hotel,Stow is about 45mins from me. If you let me know what time you intend to leave I’ll meet you at Stow and go for the drive.

I do the drive from Hightone to Bibury very regularly for work, it is a fabulous drive, lovely driving roads and some stunning views. It should take about 45-50 minutes. We’ll pass through Burford on the way which will be full of tourists that time of year so we’ll have a nice audience too! It’s a great itinerary.
Bob Heydon

Re: JH 50th event 23rd and 24th July

Post by Bob Heydon »

Unfortunate news I'm afraid, the hotel have just informed us that the booking we made for the 50th anniversary has been cancelled by the hotel.

The hotel have informed us that they will be closing for refurbishment at the end of June so our July booking has been cancelled.

We're therefore back to square one looking for a hotel that will accommodate all of us. I'll keep you posted once we've found somewhere suitable.
Rob Heydon
J-H and GT Registrar
JH MK1 11988
JH Mk2 16813
1950 LE Vellocette Mk1
JOC 2059
adamfschr

Post by adamfschr »

Hi Rob,

I unfortunately will not be able to attend that weekend as I have a holiday already booked for then.

Hope an alternative hotel can be found and that you all have a great time.

Cheers,
Adam
Adam Fischer
Jensen Healey MkI - TGU 120L
NHK10P

Post by NHK10P »

Rob

Certainly up for it, if the hotel situation gets too difficult maybe we will have to leave that part up to individuals to sort. Cheers Tim
Tim Hatcher
North Devon
Mk1 JH
Jensen GT (2 of)
MGC GTS (all steel)
AC 3000me
MGBs various states
Bob Heydon

Post by Bob Heydon »

JH 50th Anniversary update - hotel information.

I've managed to secure some rooms at The Sheep on Sheep Street, Stow on the Wold for the Friday 22nd and Saturday 23rd July. Cost wise it works out a little dearer than the previous hotel we'd booked. Double rooms are £350 for two nights for two people, the cost includes breakfast. If you would like to book please phone the hotel direct on 01451 830344, quote booking reference 4443 and/or my name. You'll need to leave your card details but payment won't be taken until 48 hrs before the arrival date. I've booked six standard double rooms against this booking reference number but the hotel currently has available superior double rooms and Premier rooms at £390 or £420 respectively including breakfast for the two nights for double occupancy.

An option if people wanted cheaper accommodation is to stay at the Premier Inn in Chipping Norton. Rooms are available there and if booked using their advanced payment would make for a cheaper stay. Chipping Norton is on-route to Hightone Classic restorers for the Saturday morning visit and is only approximately 10miles from Stow on the Wold.

Please let me know when you have booked the hotel so I can add you to the list.

Itinerary for the weekend is as previously notified:
Those that wish they can meet up at the hotel on the Friday evening, on Saturday we have a drive out of about 20 miles to meet at Hightone Classic & Vintage Car Restorers close to Steeple Aston, Oxfordshire. After this I've arranged for us to meet at The Motor Hub in Bibury in Gloucestershire. This is a about a 35 mile drive. Unfortunately the Motor Hub closes at 3pm on Saturdays so it will be a bit of a rush to fit both in. Segregated parking will be arranged at The Motor Hub for us. Obviously anyone can opt to do one or the other of these venues, or both.

For the Sunday I've arranged for us to go to the Gloucestershire and Warwickshire Steam Railway to meet at the car park at Toddington station. Allocated parking has been arranged. From the Stow on the Wold area it's just over a 10 mile drive.

Many thanks,
Rob Heydon
J-H and GT Registrar
JH MK1 11988
JH Mk2 16813
1950 LE Vellocette Mk1
JOC 2059
Healey-wheeley

Post by Healey-wheeley »

Hi Bob,

Do you have any approximate timings for when you will be at Hightone and The Hub? I'm restoring my Healey for the fourth and final time (I have owned it for 41 years!) and I've just run out of time. I was thinking of towing the now pristine but unfinished project up as a display curio, if there was going to be a traditional car park afternoon, but that doesn't look like it's on the agenda. However, I will be staying close by and could possibly join you at the two venues on the Saturday (and maybe even the Friday night dinner) for a chin wag and to meet some fellow Healey asylum inmates?
Attachments
IMG_5090.JPG
IMG_5090.JPG (112.75 KiB) Viewed 1321 times
Bob Heydon

Post by Bob Heydon »

Update: Details of agenda for the 23rd and 24th July.

For those that wish to attend the whole weekend and stay local a few rooms are still available to book at the Sheep on Sheep Street hotel in Stow-on-the-Wold for the Friday 22nd and Saturday 23rd. July.

Saturday morning a visit has been organised to Hightone Classic & Vintage Car Restorers close to Steeple Aston, Oxfordshire. Meet there at 10 to 10.30am.

After this there's about a 35 mile drive to The Classic Motor Hub in Bibury in Gloucestershire. Note, the Classic Motor Hub closes at 3pm on Saturdays so it will be a bit of a rush to fit both in. Segregated parking will be arranged at The Motor Hub for us. For those going to Hightone first I suggest we'll get to The Classic Motor Hub early afternoon. If you wish to go straight there then they are open from 10am. Segregated parking will be arranged at The Motor Hub for us.

On the Sunday we're meeting up at the Gloucestershire and Warwickshire Steam Railway at the car park at Toddington station. Allocated parking has been arranged. From the Stow on the Wold area it's just over a 10 mile drive. First trains are due to leave just after 10am so suggest we start arriving after 9.30am.

Contact details:

Sheep on Sheep Street Hotel, Sheep Street, Stow-on-the-Wold, Gloucestershire, GL54 1AG, tele: 01451 830344

Hightone Classic & Vintage Car Restorers, Hopcrofts Holt, Steeple Aston, Biscester, Oxfordshire, OX25 5QQ, visit arranged for Saturday 23rd, arrive 10am to 10.30am

The Classic Motor Hub, Old Walls, Ablington, Bibury, GL7 5FF – Saturday 23rd, arrive early pm, (note, closes at 3pm on Saturday)

Gloucestershire and Warwickshire Steam Railway, Toddington Station, GL54 5DT – meet Sunday, from 9.30am

I'll post some more updates in due course.
Rob Heydon
J-H and GT Registrar
JH MK1 11988
JH Mk2 16813
1950 LE Vellocette Mk1
JOC 2059
Bob Heydon

Post by Bob Heydon »

Update - Tuesday 12th July

I've confirmed all the venues are booked and expecting us. If you have booked to stay at The Sheep on Sheep Street hotel I'll contact you either by pm or email/whatsapp as we need to confirm dinner booking arrangements for the Friday and Saturday evenings. If your plans have changed and you can no longer make the weekend please contact the hotel in the first instance, and then let me know.

Those staying at The Sheep please note the car park is at the rear of the hotel and is accessed by driving down a road called Back Walls. Those travelling from the South up the A429 then Back Walls is the road immediately on the right just after the BP petrol station. There's a Majestic Wine Shop directly opposite the turning. From the north heading southbound down the A429 go over the main traffic light junction sign posted to Stow and the turning you want will be on the left, look out for the BP petrol station.

If anyone is planning to just attend the various stop-offs on Saturday and/or Sunday then on the Saturday we'll be leaving the hotel to go to Hightone at about 9.30am, then leaving Hightone at about 11.30am/12 to get to The Classic Motor Hub for about 12.30/1pm.

The Classic Motor Hub will allocate a suitable parking space for us so we can all park together. If you are the first to arrive please mention this to the person on the entrance gate and that we're expecting about a dozen cars. (note, the venue closes at 3pm on Saturday)

On Sunday a parking area should be assigned for us. I should know by the end of the week which part of the car park has been allocated. Arrive from 9.30am.

Contact details:

Sheep on Sheep Street Hotel, Sheep Street, Stow-on-the-Wold, Gloucestershire, GL54 1AG, tele: 01451 830344

Hightone Classic & Vintage Car Restorers, Hopcrofts Holt, Steeple Aston, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX25 5QQ, visit arranged for Saturday 23rd, arrive 10am to 10.30am

The Classic Motor Hub, Old Walls, Ablington, Bibury, GL7 5FF – Saturday 23rd, arrive early pm, (note, closes at 3pm on Saturday)

Gloucestershire and Warwickshire Steam Railway, Toddington Station, GL54 5DT – meet Sunday, from 9.30am

Return to “Events”