International Weekend 2022

Post advance news of events you will be attending
kees

Re: International Weekend 2022

Post by kees »

That is a huge oil consumption! I presume it is not leaking oil. Check the crank case ventilation system/ breather if it is clean/not blocked/working etc. This is very often a cause.
Last edited by kees on Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
jvcarrier

Post by jvcarrier »

I thought it was only DB5's that were modified to produce smoke screens and oil slicks!!!
jvcarrier

Post by jvcarrier »

When booking, I guessed at my membership number which was not a good idea!! It should be 9885 - Could somebody correct it for me if it matters?

Regards

John
Stuartjensen
JOC International Weekend Organiser

Post by Stuartjensen »

Hi John

I have corrected this on the spreadsheet; we ask for the membership to assist contact if there were some emergency/urgency. One of those things that is totally unimportant until it is! :)

Also there is no paper booking form in the current magazine, if anyone was waiting for this please use the form on this site or contact me (international@joc.org.uk or 07712 767533)
Stuart Allan
Jensen Healey Owner for four decades
Now an SP as well
Fishyboy

Post by Fishyboy »

Hi
I won't be attending the International 2022 in June.
I (or more correctly my car) was very fortunate to win the 541 Registrar's Trophy in the Concours last September.
I have had the trophy engraved and is ready for the 2022 winner.
Please could someone tell me how or to whom I can return the trophy so it can be awarded at the 2022 event.

Should I send it to Dave Pearce at Oily Rag?
Thanks
Phil Fish
Joint Southern Area Rep
J.O.C. Member 10659
1956 Jensen 541 95-5633
1961 Austin Healey 3000 BT7
1961 Volvo 131 Amazon - a Survivor
1968 Volvo 1800S
1969 Mk II Interceptor 123/3588 - Now sold
DPP

Post by DPP »

Fishyboy wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:09 pm Hi
I won't be attending the International 2022 in June.
I (or more correctly my car) was very fortunate to win the 541 Registrar's Trophy in the Concours last September.
I have had the trophy engraved and is ready for the 2022 winner.
Please could someone tell me how or to whom I can return the trophy so it can be awarded at the 2022 event.

Should I send it to Dave Pearce at Oily Rag?
Thanks
Phil Fish
Hi Phil
Shame you wont be at this years International, you can post the trophy to me but it would be preferable to pass it on to someone in your area who is attending if possible as one trophy was damaged in the post last year.
Dave Pearce
Oily Rag Classics
Jensen FF 119/133
Jensen FF 119/182
Jensen Interceptor III 128/4430
TJG

Post by TJG »

Maybe this should be in the tech section but I’m hoping somebody coming to the international will be able to help. I’m have a great deal of trouble getting the cam belt tension right on my Healey. This probably isn't helped by the fact that my engine was rebuilt following a cam belt failure so I’m more than a little paranoid. I keep getting whine from the cam belt, in fact I’ve had a couple of people ask me if its supercharged! I have the Burroughs gauge and have set it using that, I even cut an old belt and hung 95lb of sand on the end to check the Burroughs gauge. I’ve tried the frequency method (I have the half moon type belt) using an app on my phone and that corroborated the Burroughs gauge. I’ve loosened the belt off as much as I dare, its better but still whines, I even changed the belt & tensioner in case it was the bearing making a noise. So given the car will be nice and cold on Saturday morning can somebody who knows what they are doing please help me get it right once and for all? If you have a gauge or even a finely calibrated wrist, please bring it with you and help me out.
kees

Post by kees »

If the belt is whining it is too tight!! When properly tensioned with a cold engine it really seems alarmingly loose and floppy but once the engine is hot it is quite tight. I will be at the International and I can have a look. I am sure there are others there as well that can help out.
When the engine is cold and I press down the belt firmly to have the least tension between the Inlet and oil sprocket I can easily move the belt about 2cm up and down in the centre. I just renewed my belt and although it is that loose, it is still a wee bit to tight and very slightly whining.
Just relieve the tension bit by tiny bit until the whine is gone and you will be alright. A belt that is too tight will wear the tensioner bearing and perhaps the camshaft and oil pump bearings and may tear the belt as well in the end.
J-H MkII, 1974
kees

Post by kees »

I have the HTD belt as well.

IMG_2274[1].JPG
IMG_2274[1].JPG (130.35 KiB) Viewed 1375 times
J-H MkII, 1974
TJG

Post by TJG »

Thanks Kees, mine isn’t that slack. I’ve been experimenting and it does tighten up remarkably quickly even a couple of minutes tightens it a lot. I’ll loosen it a little bit more over the next few days. Thanks.
kees

Post by kees »

In the distant past I have been messing about like you following the instructions in the WSM with an original Burroughs gauge and was not getting anywhere, always to tight. I used various other methods but in the end I went by feel and gained the experience to set it the way I do now, install it cold with about 2cm movement between oil pump and inlet sprocket and than slacken tiny bits until the whining disappears if necessary. Worked for me since 1977.
J-H MkII, 1974
AlistairT

Post by AlistairT »

Looking forward to this weekend, hopefully I’ll be arriving mid afternoon, so I will see you in the bar on Friday, drinks are on the out going Chairman I believe Lol
Cheers
Alistair Thomas
Lancashire
541R
shaun

Post by shaun »

I believe that the passing Chairman has made due allowance for the requirement to provide refreshment at the bar.
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
rmangroo

Post by rmangroo »

I feel like Karan and I have not been on any Jensen outing since the season started so really looking forward to switching off from Regalia / IT and just enjoying myself... with the exception of one, email account that I should have done 2 years ago haa haa...

I'll be at the venue early to help with the meet and greet :)

Did I read the outgoing chairman (whenever that happens) :lol: is sorting drinks.. Well, mine is a very large G&T thank you very much :P

See you all Friday!!!
Raj Mangroo (She/Her)
JOC Regalia Secretary, regalia@joc.org.uk
JOC IT Officer, it@joc.org.uk
Helen

Post by Helen »

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the weekend. Really hoping I can get the Healey back on Thursday after a bit of a refurb but was only painted at the end of last week.

I just wanted to let everyone know that there were advance warnings on the M1 this weekend for the Download Festival at Donington from 10th-12th June so for people approaching from the south it may be worth planning an alternative route.
Helen Newby
J-H II/FF II

Return to “Events”