Dutch International Weekend HJGH 23-26 September 2021

Post advance news of events you will be attending
kees

Dutch International Weekend HJGH 23-26 September 2021

Post by kees »

The closing date for booking our International Weekend (31/07/2021) is approaching fast, only another 10 days to go. We know the international travelling situation is still not very clear, especially travel to and fro the UK/EU. However, some of you have worked around that.
Last year there were few foreign visitors, only three cars from the UK while on earlier occasions about half of the participants where foreign, mainly from the UK.
If you see possibilities and plan to participate please book asap.
We would appreciate if our guests are fully vaccinated against Covid-19.

The details:
HJGH International Lustrum Weekend September 23-26, 2021

Hotel Berg & Dal in Epen, http://www.bergendalepen.nl

PROGRAM
Arrival Thursday from approx. 12.00.
Thursday, Friday and Saturday, dinner at the hotel, appr. 18:00
Friday, Saturday and Sunday, start of scenic drives, appr. 10:00
Sunday lunch, 13:00-15:00

On Friday and Saturday we set out scenic drives in the area of South Limburg, Germany and Belgium. Last years drives will also be available to those who missed out.
On Sunday we travel to the location of our farewell lunch, after which we say goodbye and travel home or continue the holiday. There will be enough time to get to the ferries in Rotterdam/Hoek van Holland and the French ports. The services from Belgium seem to have been suspended. If you plan to travel from IJmuiden to Newcastle you will have to book an other extra night somewhere between the lunch location and IJmuiden.

PRICES
The prices for the long weekend from Thursday - Sunday are €250 per person based on double occupancy of the room, so €500 per room per couple.
Single occupancy (limited availability) is €305,=.
If you prefer to come on Friday, the prices are respectively €370 and €225 for 2 nights.
These prices include lodging, breakfast and dinner and the lunch on Sunday. Entrance fees to POIs and the lunches on Thursday, Friday and Saturday are not included.

We have made an agreement with the hotel that we can cancel the rooms free of charge up to 31 July 2021. If you decide to book at a later date, rooms are subject to availability.

TO SIGN UP
The weekend can only be booked through the HJGH. If you would like to stay at the hotel for a few more nights before or after the weekend, you can contact the hotel directly.
Would you rather that we arrange the extra night(s) for you or do you have any questions about special wishes regarding accessibility, diets or rates for children, etc. please contact us.
The number of rooms available is limited, so if you're seriously interested, book early. The booking will only be confirmed after payment has been received!

Please provide your full name, address and email address when booking; name of your partner; make and type of car.

Payment details:
Het Jensen Genootschap Holland
IBAN: NL29 INGB 0003 2760 61
BIC: INGB NL2A
Please state "International weekend 2021" AND YOUR NAME when paying!

For more information and bookings or if you wish to pay with PayPal, please contact
Kees Oudesluijs: coudesluijs@chello.nl
Hans Harting: jwharting@icloud.com
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
nrb993

Re: Dutch International Weekend HJGH 23-26 September 2021

Post by nrb993 »

Please those in the UK - If any are travelling please contact me as I cannot escape the UK and I cannot be allowed in Netherlands.

I would love to travel once again after a fabulous visit last week in my JH2

If there is or will be travel allowed I am very happy to join in my Jensen

All the best to the Dutch HJGH

cheers
Neil
:D JOC Interceptor Registrar 8)
Restoring JH2
Interceptor MK III 'H' series - yellow
Used to own FFII - 127/223 :lol:
-- JOC 5114 --
jjorj

Post by jjorj »

We have booked and are trying next week to get to our French house. The French no longer require tests to travel to France and it is just fit to fly test to come back and then a 2 test PCR with genomic sequencing package and 10 days quarantine when home unless things change for the better. I can advise how the tests we have booked work when we are back if some UK travellers want to know. We are taking the return tests out with us to avoid need to book in France. Hoping it will all go well and I can repair the headlight wiring and other bits from last years run before the next one.
George
1960 541R 485/6071
Helen

Post by Helen »

I would love to come to this but the travel advice seems to be difficult to negotiate. As I see it, the Dutch authorities don't want us at the moment and UK is advising against travel. I am hoping for more common sense to be applied for those of us double vaccinated in the near future so may book next week!
Helen Newby
J-H II/FF II
kees

Post by kees »

The way it goes it does not look well. I will try to negotiate some arrangements with the hotel that some rooms can be given back at a later date to allow a late(r) decision for foreigners to visit our event.
J-H MkII, 1974
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

Beste Kees,

I'd like to join your meeting and to meet you all Jensen enthusiasts. But since Belgium is changing their decisions weekly regarding the virus, despite we both (my wife and me) are vaccinated twice it may be possible that we have to do a test (which is denied by the doctors because we are vaccinated). To be honest -it's a chaos-.
So I'll inform you short term if we're able to participate.

Hope the Brussels interclassics are taking place, but unfortunately there I'm not showing a Jensen...

Have a nice day and met motorsportive groetjes
Wolfgang
Jensen Interceptor MKIII convertible
Ford GT 40
Ferrari F430 F1 (sold)
Lotus Super Seven (Westfield)
Mercedes SLK AMG
and some others...
www.doctors-garage.be
jjorj

Post by jjorj »

Hi Kees,

541R has had headlights and clutch sorted so all ready to go but just wondering if there are any restrictions from the Dutch on travel or otherwise? We have been to France 4 times in July/ August and are quite happy with crossing into Schengen area.

Just querying things here so you don't have to repeat to others if necessary.

regards, George
1960 541R 485/6071
kees

Post by kees »

To all interested.

To the best of my knowledge the following applies at the moment regarding travelling and Covid-19:

The UK is regarded as a "very high risk area without a virus variant of concern".
France, Belgium and most other EU countries are regarded as a "high risk area" in the Netherlands.

Travelling from the UK directly to the Netherlands when fully vaccinated (EU Digital COVID Certificate or DCC and I presume the NHS-app should do as well) will require a PCR test before (max. 72hrs) you travel and you are supposed to go into quarantine. A locator statement may be applicable.
Travelling from the Netherlands to the UK when fully vaccinated will require a PCR test before (max. 72hrs) and after the crossing (pre-booked on day 2) and days quarantine.

Travelling from most EU countries incl. France and Belgium to the Netherlands when fully vaccinated (DCC) is no problem at all, no restrictions other than social distancing and face masks in public transport. It is advised, but not mandatory, to take a PCR test when arriving in the Netherlands. For the Brits I presume that if they have stayed in France for 8 days (quarantine period) there would be no problem entering the Netherlands.
We have been travelling around in France and Belgium recently without any issues or checks. We hardly ever use motorways/payages and crossed the French-Belgium border using secondary roads, not to avoid checks but because it is so much more pleasant.

Travelling from the UK to France should not be a problem when fully vaccinated (DCC). You just need a "passenger locator form".
Travelling from France to the UK is the same as from the Netherlands except you do not need to go into quarantine.

Make sure you enquire from your end, also concerning health/car/travel insurance (after Brexit there are different rules, travel insurance may not cover Covid-19 situations abroad)

All these rules may change at the drop of a hat. I think there will be some new guidelines/relaxations in a few days time in the NL.

Kees Oudesluijs
J-H MkII, 1974
kees

Post by kees »

Another few days and the HJGH International Weekend will start in Epen. It is international as two Belgian teams are participating. No British content though this year sadly. Usually half of the participants are from England, Wales and Scotland. A few more teams compared to last year but 15 is only less than half we are used to.
J-H MkII, 1974
Stuartjensen
JOC International Weekend Organiser

Post by Stuartjensen »

Morning Kees

Very best wishes to you, Anne Marie and all our friends in the Netherlands and beyond. Very sorry not to be joining you this weekend (particularly as we hung on to the last minute before having to cancel only for the rules then to change!

See you next year? :D

Stuart & Gill
Stuart Allan
Jensen Healey Owner for four decades
Now an SP as well
kees

Post by kees »

We have had a perfect weekend. Nice people, nice weather, no breakdowns or accidents. Bright sunshine on the Thursday, Saturday and Sunday-morning and only cloudy but dry, warm weather on the Friday.
On our tours the extend of the damage in Belgium and Germany caused by the floods a few months earlier became very clear. Devastating. People still busy clearing out their homes, several houses collapsed, many quays and bridges damaged.
We missed the Brits, especially George and Sue Hamill because of George's sudden passing a few weeks ago. They had planned to attend in spite of the problems caused by the pandemic and were looking forward so much to it.

This was the last time Hans Harting and I have organised the HJGH Autumn/International weekend. We did it for 10 years and enjoyed it immensely but we feel it is up to a younger generation now, with new ideas and elan. I thank everyone who participated in our weekends that started in 2011 in Goes Zeeland NL followed by Vresse sur Semois/Ardennes Belgium, Sundern/Sauerland Germany, Echternach Luxembourg, Volendam NL, Varel/Ostfriesland Germany, Kell am See/Eifel Germany and twice Epen NL (because of the pandemic). There was no autumn weekend in 2012 and 2017. In September 2017 the German crowd organised their event in Dresden.
J-H MkII, 1974
Stuartjensen
JOC International Weekend Organiser

Post by Stuartjensen »

Well Kees

Thank you for all you and Hans have done over the years, (I do know how much it takes to organise such events!)

Very best wishes and look forward to seeing you next year (where-ever!).

Stuart & Gill Allan
Stuart Allan
Jensen Healey Owner for four decades
Now an SP as well

Return to “Events”