International Weekend 2021

Post advance news of events you will be attending
KaranMK2
JOC Chairman

Re: International Weekend 2021

Post by KaranMK2 »

Before the moment is lost, I would like to say a thank you to those with whom I spoke with at our international and sorry to those that I did not have the opportunity of doing so or were unable to attend. It was my first face to face engagement with so many members since my appointment as vice chairman of the club and I have taken away many suggestions that I will bring to the committee for discussion. I intend to follow up on offers made to educate me on the history of the club and of the aspiration of its members. We have much to be proud of.

Please take care. Karan
Helen

Post by Helen »

Just home from a great International weekend, (despite my epic journey on Friday). It was so good to meet up with everyone again but very sad no overseas members could make it. I would like to congratulate the Concours entrants for keeping the judges on their toes with such amazing cars. Anyway it was great fun and we did have a good work out on the dance floor! My thanks to Stuart and Gill for all their hard work navigating the Covid nightmare you did a wonderful job.
Helen Newby
J-H II/FF II
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Thank you to everyone who organised the International this year.
A particular thank you to Stuart & Gill Allen for their terrific efforts and making of the JOC 50th Anniversary cake :D
I simply had the most enjoyable weekend that I've had in YEARS!
After last years cancellation, plus I missed the year before due to holiday commitments, this year was so welcome!
The company as always was terrific, with friends of old and, making new acquaintances - it was brilliant.
The entertainment on Saturday night was fabulous with a number of us taking to the dance floor.
THANK YOU!
Although my FF didn't quite reach the Concours top 3, it was the first time in years that I'd given the car a really in depth clean.
Thank goodness I did that detailed cleaning, as in doing so, I identified 4 loose nuts & bolts on the forward prop shaft. That could've been a catastrophic major breakdown....
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

Though I wasn't able to make a full weekend of it, I had a great time.

It was sooo good to catch up with people and I was properly chuffed to be judging in the concours. I really enjoyed doing it and would recommend it to anyone. The competition was so close. Tiny details separated the cars.

My huge thanks to all those involved in making the weekend happen, especially during such challenging times and in such difficult circumstances.
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

My son Luke and I also had a wonderful time, it was good to see lots of new cars (including Puff the magic wagon) and meet new people.

Luke was getting the mileages with me as his assistant until I got sacked for slowing him down :-)

Thanks to Stuart and Gill for all their hard work, plus Raj doing a sterling job on Regalia and being head general factotum as usual, plus the generations of the Smith clan as always.

Looking forward to next years event where I should have my C-V8 with the suspension actually attached to the chassis and will hopefully remember my blood pressure tablets (sure that was the reason I felt out of it at times, can't be the Doom Bar)
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
DPP

Post by DPP »

I must add we had a great weekend even though we cant fully participate as Minty does not like being left alone in strange places.
The hotel was great and one of the most dog friendly we have been to, it was also nice to have a large car park just for Jensen owners. I have not been to Wroughton before but can see why it was used again.
Many thanks to Stuart and Gill for organising everything and making a lovely cake.

Although the plans changed for Saturday we really enjoyed the drive out and the lovely museum visit.

I must also thank all the owners who entered into concours, there were many amazing cars there and I didnt have any idea who had won even after judging them.
I know how much work went into preparing them all and I'm sure the other members appreciated such a fine display of cars as I did.
The marking was so close and even many of those going home without trophies were only a tiny margin away from the winners.

A big thankyou also to my fellow judges, runners and backroom as without their help there would be no concours.
Dave Pearce
Oily Rag Classics
Jensen FF 119/133
Jensen FF 119/182
Jensen Interceptor III 128/4430
Stuartjensen
JOC International Weekend Organiser

Post by Stuartjensen »

Thank you all for your comments, at the risk of sounding like a gushing actor at the Oscars we have to point out that many members contributed and “put their shoulders to the wheel”.
Raj engineered the online payment system which made things so much easier, Karan brought his engineering prowess to the issue of hanging the posters from the ceiling.

The Smith family were able to source a generator and set it up at very short notice and rustled up a quiz to tax the grey cells.

Our chairman Shaun had spent a ridiculous amount of time organising our planned drive and Saturday activity only to have it dashed at the last moment; then was able to pluck triumph from the jaws of defeat with a very acceptable alternative venue and drive.

Darren was able to source the coasters commemorating our 50th and get them to us (with the grudging co-operation of Parcelforce).

There was no difficulty erecting the gazebo portal as several members immediately downed polishing cloths to help, even the Cheshire members who couldn’t join us due to diary clashes made sure the printed napkins and gazebo got to us.

There are of course some things which are a source of regret, our friends from continental Europe who were prevented from travelling by the restrictions to combat the Covid pandemic, those members who have even now been advised to avoid unnecessary contact. The crisis in the supply chain and workforce in the hospitality industry which limited all sorts of things such as menu choices.

But we did it! It was great to see everyone in the flesh again, to meet new members and some who hadn’t been to an International Weekend before. Roll on next year when we can hopefully return to our June date and restrictions (particularly on international travel) are relaxed.

Finally thank you to all those who turned up and made the effort worthwhile and the event so enjoyable!

Stuart & Gill
Attachments
Regalia and Cropredy Bridge present
Regalia and Cropredy Bridge present
Regalia.jpg (58.81 KiB) Viewed 2245 times
More Jensens (not competing)
More Jensens (not competing)
Non Concours.jpg (78.43 KiB) Viewed 2245 times
Concourse 2021
Concourse 2021
Concours.jpg (93.06 KiB) Viewed 2245 times
Luke Doherty Band entertain
Luke Doherty Band entertain
Luke Doherty.jpg (101.6 KiB) Viewed 2245 times
Throwing some shapes to the Polka Dots
Throwing some shapes to the Polka Dots
Polka Dots.jpg (235.26 KiB) Viewed 2245 times
Arriving at the Atwell Wilson museum
Arriving at the Atwell Wilson museum
AtwellWilson.jpg (68.63 KiB) Viewed 2245 times
Stuart Allan
Jensen Healey Owner for four decades
Now an SP as well
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

So where's the venue for 2022 ??
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
shaun

Post by shaun »

Well Colin, as you may be can gather from the various photos, you missed a very good event.
I apologise for slow response but had to go to Devon today.

New and old members, a brilliant collection of cars. A magnificent opportunity to chat together to renew old acquaintances and create new ones.

So, surprise surprise, we are going to do something next year.

Currently the club is actively exploring a few avenues and in due course will be advising members and friends where we are going.

The lessons learnt from this year's event ( and previous ones) will be adopted as the Committee sees fit. It is intended that we will be back to the June timeslot so we avoid "stuff" like Classic Le Mans and the yet to be formally announced Jensen-Healey 50th Anniversary Isle of Man trip in September 2022.

You will appreciate,of course, that arrangements for these events require significant work off line by those members who take on such responsibilities. Please bear in mind, as you no doubt do, that delivering something is far harder than asking for something.

Happy motoring to all.
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
Stuartjensen

Post by Stuartjensen »

Lost Property

Gill and I did a sweep of the hotel and have a quantity of items only some of which have been claimed.

If anyone is missing something please PM me
Stuart Allan
Now an SP as well
Fishyboy

Post by Fishyboy »

Stuart
If you find 70 Concours points those will be the one I "dropped" on Sunday.
Ill try to pick them up next year!
Phil
Joint Southern Area Rep
J.O.C. Member 10659
1956 Jensen 541 95-5633
1961 Austin Healey 3000 BT7
1961 Volvo 131 Amazon - a Survivor
1968 Volvo 1800S
1969 Mk II Interceptor 123/3588 - Now sold
Stuartjensen

Post by Stuartjensen »

Sorry Phil

I swept up all the dropped Concours points and binned them, though they were worthless after the prize giving?! :D

Plenty on offer next year?
Stuart Allan
Now an SP as well

Return to “Events”