Dutch HJGH International weekend 23-26/09/2021

Post advance news of events you will be attending
Stuartjensen
JOC International Weekend Organiser

Re: Dutch HJGH International weekend 23-26/09/2021

Post by Stuartjensen »

Thanks Kees

How did you get Ann Marie's permission to post messages in Christmas Day? :lol:

Thank you (and the team in the Netherlands) for all the work you put into these weekends, we really look forward to seeing you in the new year at some point when this detestable virus is at least subdued if not vanquished! Meantime please have a restful break and keep well.

Stuart & Gill
Stuart Allan
Jensen Healey Owner for four decades
Now an SP as well
kees

Post by kees »

Stuart,
There was high tension in the kitchen because preparations for the X-mas dinner so you do not want to come near.
I will be glad when this X-mas chore is gone, hate it, all those awful songs on the radio all day, terrible films on the telly and the sentimentality around the whole business.
The only nice bits are the meals, the rest I have to endure.
Cheers,
Kees
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

kees wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:54 pm Stuart,
There was high tension in the kitchen because preparations for the X-mas dinner so you do not want to come near.
I will be glad when this X-mas chore is gone, hate it, all those awful songs on the radio all day, terrible films on the telly and the sentimentality around the whole business.
The only nice bits are the meals, the rest I have to endure.
Cheers,
Kees
With you on this Kees
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
interjen

Post by interjen »

Please can you put Alison and myself down also, the joc and myself share the same birth year :D will be nice to mark both occasions.
Simon and Alison.
2340/1842 Int Conv
1640/30077 GT
115/3215 Int MK1
Bentley 111
Mk1/Mk2 Jag
DB7 Vantage Volante
1926 Clyno Royal Saloon
1922 Aveling and Porter Steam Roller (Sally)
GPZ900R
kees

Post by kees »

]HJGH International Lustrum Weekend September 23-26, 2021

We finally have decided that the event can take place. By September most restrictions within the EU will be lifted. The Covid-19 numbers are rapidly decreasing.
Those who travel from within the EU and have official proof (EU Corona app) of a complete vaccination or having antibodies in their blood from an earlier Covid-19 infection can travel freely in (most of) the EU as from 01-07-2021.

However it is still unclear how the situation will be regarding travel to and fro the UK.
As from 15-06-2021 admission into many EU countries coming from the UK, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Myanmar en Nepal is severely restricted due to the worsening Covid-19 situation (Delta variant). Visitors travelling from the UK are obliged to go into quarantine, vaccinated/anti bodies or not.
The problem is we have to decide on the number of rooms fairly shortly and I cannot see any signs of a speedy solution for people travelling from the UK who generally form roughly half of our participants.

Hotel Berg & Dal in Epen, http://www.bergendalepen.nl

PROGRAM
Arrival Thursday from approx. 12.00.
Thursday, Friday and Saturday, dinner at the hotel, appr. 18:00
Friday, Saturday and Sunday, start of scenic drives, appr. 10:00
Sunday lunch, 13:00-15:00

On Friday and Saturday we set out scenic drives in the area of South Limburg, Germany and Belgium. Last years drives will also be available to those who missed out.
On Sunday we travel to the location of our farewell lunch, after which we say goodbye and travel home or continue the holiday.

PRICES
The prices for the long weekend from Thursday - Sunday are €250 per person based on double occupancy of the room, so €500 per room per couple.
Single occupancy (limited availability) is €305,=.
If you prefer to come on Friday, the prices are respectively €370 and €225 for 2 nights.
These prices include lodging, breakfast and dinner and the lunch on Sunday. Entrance fees to POIs and the lunches on Thursday, Friday and Saturday are not included.

We have made an agreement with the hotel that we can cancel the rooms free of charge up to 31 July 2021. If you decide to book at a later date, rooms are subject to availability.

TO SIGN UP
The weekend can only be booked through the HJGH. If you would like to stay at the hotel for a few more nights before or after the weekend, you can contact the hotel directly.
Would you rather that we arrange the extra night(s) for you or do you have any questions about special wishes regarding accessibility, diets or rates for children, etc. please contact us.
The number of rooms available is limited, so if you're seriously interested, book early. The booking will only be confirmed after payment has been received!

Please provide your full name, address and email address when booking; name of your partner; make and type of car.

Payment details:
Het Jensen Genootschap Holland
IBAN: NL29 INGB 0003 2760 61
BIC: INGB NL2A
Please state "International weekend 2021" AND YOUR NAME when paying!

For more information and bookings or if you wish to pay with PayPal, please contact
Kees Oudesluijs: coudesluijs@chello.nl
Hans Harting: jwharting@icloud.com
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
Helen

Post by Helen »

Thanks for the update Kees. I do hope things become clearer in the next month or so and we are able to book to join you but if not, we will be there in spirit!
Helen Newby
J-H II/FF II
Stuartjensen
JOC International Weekend Organiser

Post by Stuartjensen »

Thanks Kees

Gill and I have transferred funds, hopefully with the correct advice note this year!

Fingers crossed
Stuart Allan
Jensen Healey Owner for four decades
Now an SP as well

Return to “Events”