Cranleigh Classic Car Show Sunday 9th August

Post advance news of events you will be attending
david wright

Cranleigh Classic Car Show Sunday 9th August

Post by david wright »

Cranleigh has been a major JOC attraction in Surrey, with up to 18 cars on show representing a dizzy range of models, and masses of other displays to see, together with many autojumble stalls some even selling genuine original parts!

So far, the organisers tell me that we have 8 cars booked in, so there's still room for more - the link is - https://www.cranleighlions.org/events/classic-car-show/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and you must give the JOC code of 9UXEKNC.
This is all supposing that it will go ahead, and we'll be able to get our motors out to enjoy by August. If the organisers cancel, then the registration fee has gone to a charitable cause.

I look forward to seeing everyone there, and please note, the Capel Classic Car Show a week later is in the same position, so if you can make it, then book in, and let's hope we get some fine weather and good health for all by then. https://www.capelcarshow.com/show-registration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, and mention you're with the Jensen Owners Club.

David
C-V8 Mk III 112/2328
MGA 1600 Mk II
Vast Collection of Models of British sports cars.
David Devine

Re: Cranleigh Classic Car Show Sunday 9th August

Post by David Devine »

Hi David

Just received an email saying that Cranleigh will not be going ahead this year.

So see you there in 2021.
david wright

Re: Cranleigh Classic Car Show Sunday 9th August

Post by david wright »

Yes indeed, certainly see you there in 2021!
Fortunately, their booking arrangements mean that everyone of the 9 Jensen owners who booked will all have received their cancellation notification.

What a blow, I'd hoped that Cranleigh would have been the great day out for us after a long summer that it always has been. no secondhand dashboards for old cars for you then, David!

I'm hoping that we can get something local together in August - on one of the now free weekends, if the restrictions will allow.

Still Hampton Court is still in the running.

David W.
C-V8 Mk III 112/2328
MGA 1600 Mk II
Vast Collection of Models of British sports cars.

Return to “Events”