National Drive It Day - 26th April

Post advance news of events you will be attending
david wright

National Drive It Day - 26th April

Post by david wright »

Our first event of 2020 in South Downs will be the National Drive It Day run and BBQ on Sunday April 26th. Once again, Steve has kindly offered his farm at Findon for the lunch time BBQ, and the start of the run will again be from the White Horse at Maplehurst.

We’ll gather there about 10.30 for coffee, a natter and a photocall, then wend our way through the Sussex countryside arriving at Steve’s farm around 12.00.

Steve’s suggestions to make the day go well are to bring a chair, your cutlery, plates, glass or mug, and all you need to eat and drink- Steve will provide the BBQ, tea and coffee - kettle will be boiling! We just ask that there are no dogs please, as there are livestock in the fields in which we will be parking and BBQ ing.

Please Please let me know if you’re coming, so we have an idea of numbers.
Look forward to seeing many friends there

David
C-V8 Mk III 112/2328
MGA 1600 Mk II
Vast Collection of Models of British sports cars.
Grant

Re: National Drive It Day - 26th April

Post by Grant »

:shock: Wow.. that sounds Great David :P .. Please count me and my wife in..I would very much like to join in with this :wink: .. Thank you so much for the invite :D .. GrantImage & LaraImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
david wright

Post by david wright »

Hi Grant,
Can you email me - southdowns@joc.org.uk - to give me your details, and then we'll look out for you and I can give you more info,
Great to hear you'll be joining us,

David
C-V8 Mk III 112/2328
MGA 1600 Mk II
Grant

Post by Grant »

david wright wrote:Hi Grant,
Can you email me - southdowns@joc.org.uk - to give me your details, and then we'll look out for you and I can give you more info,
Great to hear you'll be joining us,David
I've pinged you an email David.. full of smiley's as alwaysImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
David Devine

Post by David Devine »

Hi David

Jan & I would like to join you for the run & barbecue. Please keep us informed.

Dave & Jan
david wright

Post by david wright »

Hi David,
This is excellent news, I've now got you on my list!
The run is about 30 miles once we've left the White Horse, and we end up in Findon around 12.00 giving time for swapping notes then BBQ.

Talk soon

David
C-V8 Mk III 112/2328
MGA 1600 Mk II
JHV8

Post by JHV8 »

Hi David do you think this will be going ahead? I was going to Bicester Scramble , bought my ticket, so couldn’t come but they’ve postponed it now due to covid19.
16 valves but 4 extra pistons.

Rob d'Eca
JH-V8 - 13296
JOC No. 8081

https://www.printwell.london/deca/

david wright

Post by david wright »

I think we wait a little longer - we don't go into the pub, we meet outside, then we drive in our cars, eventually to a destination which is big enough to allow us to sit on grass with a reasonable distance between us, while still being able to converse?

Let's keep fingers crossed that we can, but I'll post something nearer the time.

David
C-V8 Mk III 112/2328
MGA 1600 Mk II
david wright

Post by david wright »

Hi everyone,
This event now cancelled - see more extensive entry in South Downs Area section of the Forum.
Are meetings also cancelled for April and May.
Stay safe and healthy
David
C-V8 Mk III 112/2328
MGA 1600 Mk II
Kevin Birch

Post by Kevin Birch »

I've had to cancel our local club drive it day too, we were doing a 50 mile run, to picnic area, but alas not to be. We need to keep the forum going with pictures of what we're doing to our cars, rather than where we have been with them, as I'm sure like me a number of us will have a lot of time on our hands over the coming months.
My Toys: Lotus Cortina MK2.RangeRover P38, Yam inflatable, Saab 9-3 Convertible.
Mk1 Interceptor, 115/3067
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Kevin Birch wrote:I've had to cancel our local club drive it day too, we were doing a 50 mile run, to picnic area, but alas not to be. We need to keep the forum going with pictures of what we're doing to our cars, rather than where we have been with them, as I'm sure like me a number of us will have a lot of time on our hands over the coming months.
Hi Kev. Hope alls well with you. Yes it’s a real shame everything cancelled, but hopefully for the greater good.

I agree, assume there will be quite a few on here with more time on their hands. Understandably people posting on here has slowed down, lots of us have been sorting their personal lives out which become priority.

If anyone is in a position (I know I am) to now spend a lot of time on their car, it would be good to see any pictures / stories of what we have been up to, how ever insignificant it may seem, someone will enjoy reading it.

So hopefully over the next week or so people posting on here will pick up.

So after a day fettling with your pride and joy, share your day with the Jensen community :D :D :D
Eddie

JOC 10030
Interceptor II 123/3901 CEA 1J
1970 Earls Court Motorshow Car

Return to “Events”