Thirlestane Castle Classic Rally

Post advance news of events you will be attending
RichardGibson
JOC Scotland Rep

Thirlestane Castle Classic Rally

Post by RichardGibson »

Hi fellow members

I have posted this on the Scottish area web site as well
I am trying to organise a JOC presence at the Thirlestane Castle Classic Car Rally on the 7th of June 2020.
Thirlestane Castle is just outside of Lauder in the Scottish/English border area about 35 miles south of Edinburgh on the A68.
The rally is probably the second largest in Scotland with an expected attendance of around 1200 classics.
To the best of my knowledge I do not think that the JOC have attended as a club before but I thought that this rally is easily reached from most Scottish locations as well as Northern English locations.
If you are interested in attending please let me know preferably before the end of February as the organisers need to have an idea of attendance.
Hope you guys can attend.
Regards
Richard
JOC Scottish Rep
hmcnd

Re: Thirlestane Castle Classic Rally

Post by hmcnd »

Hello, I have attended this event many times. Sometimes there are one or two other Jensens there, but mostly I am alone. It really is a good show. PM me if you want
george1611

Post by george1611 »

Hi guys
Just registered for this meet,so hopefully at least one Jensen will be there,theme this year is 70”s so my JH 73 will fit right in,not sure about dressing up in 70”s clobber though
Geordie
RichardGibson
JOC Scotland Rep

Post by RichardGibson »

Hi all.
As there was little response, (two members plus two who could not attend) regarding a club showing at Thirlestane, like George, I have now registered as an individual attendee.
So provided, there are no breakdowns, there may be three Jensens at the rally.
Regards
Richard
george1611

Post by george1611 »

Hi Richard
I’m certainly up for this meet !!
But please ?? It’s Geordie ,,I’m proud of my area in this little island miners,whippets drinkers and don’t forget there is only a wall between us heh heh ,we could have been Scots or you could have been English ? Still not sure about dressing up,do you know if you get a parking place or do you just find a spot ?? Castle looks fantastic
Geordie
RichardGibson
JOC Scotland Rep

Post by RichardGibson »

Hi All

Unfortunately it looks like the Thirlstane Castle Classic Rally has now bitten the dust and been cancelled because of the flu.

Regards

Richard

Return to “Events”