Concours 2019

Post advance news of events you will be attending
Helen

Concours 2019

Post by Helen »

Preparations are underway for this year's Concours at the International Weekend in Hull so all I need are some entries! You should have received an entry form in the last magazine. (It was on a separate sheet on the back of the rules.) If you are entering your pride and joy please send me a form or, if you have mislaid it, email me details of the car and your contact details. If you want to know more about Concours or how to prepare a car please contact me. I look forward to hearing from you.
Helen Newby
J-H II/FF II
Helen

Re: Concours 2019

Post by Helen »

I am sad to report that I only have 5 entries at present, although lots of people have looked at this post. I know the Concours is 5 weeks away but I need more entries otherwise this year's competition will have to be cancelled and we will just have the Show'n'Shine. It will be discussed at the Committee meeting on Sunday so if you are going to enter please contact me as soon as possible.
Helen Newby
J-H II/FF II
Anton001

Post by Anton001 »

It would be a disappointing if this tradition disappears.
Jensen Healey Mk1 1123 / 11016
Jensen C-V8 MK3 112 / 2419
Jensen 541S / S1079

www.jensenholland.nl
jvcarrier

Post by jvcarrier »

Hi Helen,

We will give it a try with FF111 130/319 if you get enough entrants.
Never tried before so details of how to go about it and what counts would be appreciated.
Helen

Post by Helen »

Thank you. There is an article in the magazine which came out last week with some information and guidance on what you need to do which should help. I will update this posting as required.
Helen Newby
J-H II/FF II
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

As it's approaching 10 years since I last entered, I did consider entering this year but sadly, I cannot make it to the International :(
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Harley

Post by Harley »

Hi Helen,

If it’s not to late please book my car in for concourse MYH 9L

I can only make it up for the Sunday so just let me know what time is good to be on site.
Helen

Post by Helen »

Thank you. I have sent you a PM requesting further details.
Helen Newby
J-H II/FF II
Helen

Post by Helen »

I was hoping that the last JOC magazine would have resulted in a few more entries! I know people like to leave things to the last minute but Concours doesn't just happen and a lot of time and effort goes into the planning and at least 5 more entries are needed to make this a viable competition. I really don't want to have to cancel this important part of the International Weekend.

I HAVE BROUGHT THE CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES FORWARD SO PLEASE EMAIL concours@joc.org.uk BY 7TH JUNE TO ENTER.
Helen Newby
J-H II/FF II
Harley

Post by Harley »

Please can all Jensen owners rally round, dig deep and respond to Helen’s efforts with regards to bringing your car - even if it’s not 100% perfect? Let’s just keep the Concours event alive this year !

I for one will be making a big effort flying back from holiday late Saturday and bringing my car up later in the day ready for the following morning ! It won’t be clean by any stretch of the imagination as I’m not a cleaner !!! But hey what does it matter - I’ll do my best and enter and go along for the ride.

If we don’t support our club this year then the Concours will be dead and buried for good - is that what we all really want?

Surely, out of 1400 members we could muster more than just a handful of entries? Isn’t this annual event supposed to be about the coming together of like minded owners and enthusiasts who share a passion for the Jensen marque ?

After the dinner dance on the Saturday evening where previously I’ve enjoyed chatting and catching up with fellow owners/enthusiasts, it’s great to look forward to on the Concours Event on the Sunday morning followed by a relaxing lunch before everyone goes home.
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Harley wrote:Please can all Jensen owners rally round, dig deep and respond to Helen’s efforts with regards to bringing your car - even if it’s not 100% perfect? Let’s just keep the Concours event alive this year !

If we don’t support our club this year then the Concours will be dead and buried for good - is that what we all really want?
Well said...

I got the impression there would be a better turn out this year, there were quite a few sorry to see the possible demise of the competition.

Not everyone wants to take part, but most people attending appreciate the efforts put in by people who do enter.

On a personal note, I have already started polishing and have penned several drafts of my acceptance speeches :D :D :D
Eddie

JOC 10030
Interceptor II 123/3901 CEA 1J
1970 Earls Court Motorshow Car
Helen

Post by Helen »

Thanks for your support Paul and Eddie. Let's hope we get a good response.
Helen Newby
J-H II/FF II
AlistairT

Post by AlistairT »

The cleaning starts tomorrow for me...
Alistair Thomas
Lancashire
541R
Anton001

Post by Anton001 »

That will be a very clean 541 :D :D

Now we need at least 15 participants more !!!!

Anton
Jensen Healey Mk1 1123 / 11016
Jensen C-V8 MK3 112 / 2419
Jensen 541S / S1079

www.jensenholland.nl
Helen

Post by Helen »

I now have 10 entries so the Concours competition will go ahead, which will be a relief to those of you who have already started polishing! There will be a good display of cars from 541 through to SV8. I look forward to seeing you in Hull.
Helen Newby
J-H II/FF II

Return to “Events”