JENSEN-HEALEY DAY, Duxford Airfield, Sunday May 7th

Post advance news of events you will be attending
ajm541s

JENSEN-HEALEY DAY, Duxford Airfield, Sunday May 7th

Post by ajm541s »

Originally scheduled by the events organisers at Duxford as a full blown affair with trade stands etc, this is now an open day for any clubs to meet and exhibit as they wish.
As there is a lot of interest from JOC members, resulting from its appearance in the 2006 diary, and as there is not a Jensen-Healey day programmed for this year, it has been suggested that this would be a good event to stage a J-H day but also to encourage as many Jensen owners as possible to come along as well.
For those who have not been, Duxford is a great venue, with lots to do and see at one of the oldest airfields in the country (established in 1918).
I am happy to act as coordinator with the help of Duxford resident and JOC member Adam Phillipo. I already have some names of members wanting to come along, please contact me if you intend to do so.
This is not a free entry show, unfortunately, we are advised that the entry charge is xxx£9 per adult, children under 16 go freee, and the oldies get in for xxx£7! These charges are xxx£2 below the normal admission prices.
Among clubs already booked in are Rolls Royce, Mini, Vincent M/cycles and TR.

Come on then, Letsby Avenue! I need to register numbers with Duxford ASAP.
Thanks,
Tony M
Tony Marshall
JML 1967-74

JOC 7828
David Devine

Post by David Devine »

Hi Dave and Jan Devine will be coming in our J.H.as long as its mobile at the time.
ajm541s

Duxford May 7th

Post by ajm541s »

Hello Dave and Jan!

Great news. Forget the garden, get the car fixed!

Look forward to seeing you!

Tony
Tony Marshall
JML 1967-74

JOC 7828
JHV8

Duxford May 7th

Post by JHV8 »

Healey should be back on the road by then, count me in.

Cheers
16 valves but 4 extra pistons.

Rob d'Eca
JH-V8 - 13296
JOC No. 8081

https://www.printwell.london/deca/

ajm541s

Duxford May 7th

Post by ajm541s »

I look forward to seeing to seeing you both!

My car is being restored by Jen Sentre who are itching to fit a 383 into a Jensen-Healey chasssis. They do say, however, that they would not be too happy about driving it!

Cheers,
Tony
Tony Marshall
JML 1967-74

JOC 7828
Tim SP
JOC Interceptor Variants Registrar

duxford

Post by Tim SP »

It looks like quite a few members from Kent are going along, Not Healeys though! CV8, 541, Interceptor's & SP's.
Hopefully, the sun will shine.
We were going to the similar event in August, but this clashed with the Woodchurch warbirds & classic car. There are still a couple of places up for grabs. Spitfire, Mustang(s), Hurricane, B-17 (Flying fortress)+ lots of others. All for xxx£2 & no health & saftey to bugger it all up, ie the planes will take off & fly over the show, not 5 miles away like Biggin hill, Duxford etc!
contact me for futher info. This is an invite only show, so we are lucky to be given a club stand.
Davenewby

Post by Davenewby »

Hi Tony,
As you know, we hope to be coming along in the Healey. Do you have any further details yet, such as times, tickets for those of us who have shown interest etc? Any more information would be gratefully accepted.
Regards,
David :D
ajm541s

DUXFORD UPDATE

Post by ajm541s »

I HAVE AT LAST BEEN ABLE TO TALK TO THE EVENTS ORGANISER AT DUXFORD TO ARRANGE THE MOVEMENT AND ADMIN FOR THE JENSEN-HEALEY DAY, AND I AM THEREFORE ABLE TO GIVE YOU ALL THE INFO....STAND BY........

ACTUALLY THERE IS NO INFORMATION EXCEPT THAT ENTRY TO THE EXHIBITION AREA WILL BE SIGNED OFF THE MAIN ROAD. ARRIVAL TIME IS ANY TIME AFTER 10AM, WHICH IS THE MUSEUM OPENING TIME. I HAVE NO INFORMATION ON TICKET ARRANGEMENTS, BUT HAVE BEEN PROMISED THESE WITHIN THE NEXT TWO DAYS. COSTS ARE AS PER MY ORIGINAL BULLETIN, xxx£9 PER PERSON, UNDER 16s ARE FREE.

ADAM PHILLIPO IS IN CONTACT WITH THE ORGANISER AND ONE OR OTHER OF US WILL POST ANY FURTHER NEWS AS SOON AS WE GET IT.

THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE A CLASSIC CAR SHOW AS SUCH, BUT IT A GREAT PLACE TO VISIT AND A VERY GOOD EXCUSE FOR A 'PLAY DAY'! NOT TO BE MISSED ON ANY ACCOUNT IS THE SIMULATOR (PROVIDING IT IS UP AND RUNNING) WHERE YOU CAN EXPERIENCE THE THRILL OF AERIAL COMBAT BETWEEN SPITFIRE AND ME 109 OVER THE CLIFFS OF DOVER.

MORE NEWS SOONEST.

TONY M (AGED 170 & 3/4)
Tony Marshall
JML 1967-74

JOC 7828
breeze

Duxford

Post by breeze »

Tony,

All being well, I'll bring the S-V8 which qualifies as the spiritual successor to the Healey. Do you need to know reg numbers etc or do we just turn up?

Colin
ajm541s

Droxford

Post by ajm541s »

Colin,

Just come right along, you will be very welcome indeed, and your SV8 will help complete the model range. Hopefullly the pessimistic weather
forecast will prove to be wrong!

Look forward to seeing you.
Tony Marshall
JML 1967-74

JOC 7828
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

Duxford web site is here: http://duxford.iwm.org.uk/

For some reason I'd thought Duxford was just north of Birmingham (ie not too far from Bristol). Bugger!

Zac
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
ajm541s

Duxford Airfield Site Plan

Post by ajm541s »

For those whom I have not emailed direct and for anybody who decides at the last minute to come along (please do!) here is the site plan. (I am not responsible for the spelling!)

Gates open at 10am, come when you can and remember it is ?9 per person, under 16s get in for nowt.

Look forward to seeing you all!
Last edited by ajm541s on Wed May 03, 2006 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony Marshall
JML 1967-74

JOC 7828
Kieron
Co-Administrator

Post by Kieron »

I notice they are still reffering to us as the Jensen owners club!! see you Sunday, waterpump fitted, alternator to go..

Regards

K
ajm541s

JensEn

Post by ajm541s »

Yeah, some people can't spell for tofffee!
Tony Marshall
JML 1967-74

JOC 7828
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

it always worries me when a box turns up at work addressed to the Jensen Owners Club - at least they haven't got the name wrong on the actual regalia yet (although they did get the apostrophe in the wrong place on a proof once..)
Zac
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061

Return to “Events”