Dutch Autumn weekend 2019 in the Eifel Germany

Post advance news of events you will be attending
Kevin Birch

Re: Dutch Autumn weekend 2019 in the Eifel Germany

Post by Kevin Birch »

Thanks for the education, I can now swear in German :shock:
My Toys: Lotus Cortina MK2.RangeRover P38, Yam inflatable, Saab 9-3 Convertible.
Mk1 Interceptor, 115/3067
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

Hopefully Luke will be learning German when he starts at Secondary school in September, so that he can speak to relatives and friends in Bern.

At least now I will know if he is swearing :-)
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

I'm not aware that it is used in quite the same way or not anywhere nearly as often as in the English language. An interesting swear in German though is Schweinehund or Sauhund, which in English would literally be „pig-dog“. I always thought that was a bit odd. And I’ve heard that being used in Italy also, which surprised me: Porco Canne!
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

And all this new knowledge has come from one misplaced Umlaut. It's amazing what two small dots in the wrong place can achieve!
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Jens
Dr. Umlaut & Area Rep for Germany

Post by Jens »

Chris_R wrote:And all this new knowledge has come from one misplaced Umlaut. It's amazing what two small dots in the wrong place can achieve!
Right Chris.

And we (I :roll: ) have hijacked a thread again. Sorry Kees, this one should go back to its original topic i.e. your meeting in the Eifel area.

Will you add the Nürburgring too?

If you need any advice for some nice spots to go please let me know. I grew up in that area and if I can be of any help ...
In order of appearance:

(sold) C-V8 Mk III 112/2432
541 S 102/1035
(sold) FF MkII 127/243 (sold)
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
(sold)Jensen GT 1610/30257(sold)
Scimitar GTE SE5
Gordon Keeble #21
kees

Post by kees »

I do not think we will include the Nürburgring (I hope the Umlaut is OK here?). Not everybody´s cup of tea, but there will certainly be the opportunity to go for the so minded.
If you know of some nice places in the Prüm-Idar Oberstein area. No need for an automotive connection, lunch locations, mineral sites, musea, sightseeing, interesting roads etc. will be very welcome.
Kees Oudesluijs
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
kees

Post by kees »

We now have the final details of our Autumn weekend 2019 in the German Eifel/Hunsrück area from 19 to 22 September. Yes, it is an extra day on the Thursday

Arrival on Thursday 19/09 from ca. 12:00 at Hotel Berg & Dal, Roodweg 18, 6285AA Epen ( http://www.bergendalepen.nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) in the very South of the Netherlands.
On the Friday we will take a scenic route to the very picturesque town of Monchau where you can have a stroll around and have lunch. From there on we will continue to our final destination: Seehotel Kell am See, Seeuferweg 1, 54427 Kell am See ( http://www.seehotel-kell.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) in Germany where we will stay 2 nights.
On the Saturday we will have a scenic tour into Trier where you can have a visit to this very interesting city and have lunch. From there we will travel back to the hotel along the back roads.
On the Sunday we will travel in the North-West direction to Hotel Berg en Dal in Epen once more where we will have our final lunch after which we will say goodbye and travel homewards.
It is strongly advised to bring an up-to-date TomTom, Garmin or similar sat-nav if you want to deviate from the route or want to visit some special places. The routes can also be downloaded to many TomTom or Garmin and possibly other sat-navs. These will be send to you by email including a digital version of the route book with all details and route descriptions.

The price for the whole weekend will be €280 per person based on double occupancy of the room, so per couple €560.
Single occupancy is €340.
This includes 3 nights stay, 3x breakfast, 3x diner, final lunch on Sunday.

Admission fees for POI's in Monchau or Trier and the lunches on Friday and Saturday are not included.
The organised lunches on the Friday and Saturday have been omitted as many found them far to copious in the past. So now you can have something light at a Konditorei, a Big Mac meal or a 3-course meal in a fancy restaurant to your choice.

The booking of the Autumn weekend is through the HJGH only. If you want to stay some additional nights in the hotel before or after the weekend you may contact the hotel directly mentioning that you take part in the HJGH Autumn Weekend.
If you prefer us to arrange the extra night(s) for you or if you have questions about rates for children, please contact us.

The number of available rooms is limited so if you are seriously interested make sure to book early!
Your booking will be confirmed after payment only.
Closing date is 1-July 2019. Later bookings are subject to availability.
When booking please state your full name, address and email-address; name of your partner; make and type of your car. Also inform us of special requirements regarding diets etc.

Payment details:
Het Jensen Genootschap Holland
IBAN: NL29 INGB 0003 2760 61
BIC: INGB NL2A
ING Bank NV, PO Box 1800, 1000 BV Amsterdam
under "herfstweekend 2019"

For further information and booking please contact:
Hans Harting: harting@jensenholland.nl
Kees Oudesluijs: coudesluijs@chello.nl. or oudesluijs@jensenholland.nl
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977

Return to “Events”