Expressions of Interest for two events in 2019

Post advance news of events you will be attending
Clive Bishop

Expressions of Interest for two events in 2019

Post by Clive Bishop »

As a way of mixing up the events that we do in the Wessex area, I am currently in negotiation for the follow9iong to happen. Both of these events types will be for anyone in the JOC, NOT just Wessex, hence why I am asking the questions nationally.

I am seeking expressions of interest from members for the following:

A Track Day at Castle Coombe Circuit, Wiltshire - I am waiting on dates from the circuit as they run their own track days (mid week days) as well as hiring out the circuit.....my personal belief is that the complete hire would be too expensive without a huge amount of you committing…..therefore maybe a "buy in" to one of their dates (preferably a Friday). I am still waiting to hear back from them and so have no specifics yet but wanted to judge interest.

The car needs to have a MOT ( I know most of ours don't have to now) but it is a theoretical safety thing for them.
You have to wear a crash helmet
There will be no timing of your circuits as this then constitutes a race event …...which your own insurance nor theirs will cover.
There is also a noise limit.....this should be OK for most except those that have ASBO exhaust systems etc :D :D

This would be ideal for the Jensen Healeys etc but of course we wont be counting out any Jensen that someone wishes to bring.

https://castlecombecircuit.co.uk/car-track-days/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A club area at Prescott Hill Climb

There are a few events this next year but as there are various anniversary year events going on with Bugatti and other regular race events at the location I am being limited as to what I can do as a club.

Again if you fancy coming to an event at Prescott in Gloucestershire, please let me know.

I am still in negotiation with space for specific events ( as some we are not allowed at as a club) but one for sure will be 06th October.

That weekend we will be at the Autumn Classic at Castle Coombe Raceway on the Saturday 05th October and then the Sunday 06th October Autumn Classic (Anglo / American Cars) at Prescott.....so you could make a weekend of it.

Again I need Expressions of Interest can arrange the space as all of these events get booked out quickly.

Just reply below with your answers to either or both events.

Regards

Clive
Last edited by Clive Bishop on Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1973 Interceptor Mk III 136/8332 - Moss Green
1973 Jensen Healey Mk 1 11362 - Magenta - Owned by Lindsey
1972 Jensen Healey Mk 1 10343 - Sadly too far gone and so now a donor car
1973 Jensen Healey Mk 1 12504 - Sold for potential restoration / racer
Mark1Stu

Re: Expressions of Interest for two events in 2019

Post by Mark1Stu »

I'd be interested in Prescott Clive. Possibly Castle Combe too.

Stu
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

How would these days effect our classic insurance... Would we have to get separate cover?
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Clive Bishop

Post by Clive Bishop »

Hi Colin,

Prescott events will be a club stand and you are there as a spectator like at the Autumn Classic racing that we organise for the club, so no issues there......if you want to enter your car into the actual hill climb then I will have to refer anyone doing this to the organisers and that will then be up to them with regards qualification / regulations etc.

For the Track Day at Castle Coombe, you will need to check with your insurance company however they are managed in a way that:

There is no racing allowed or race format used.
No timing is allowed
No race papers or licence needed
No roll cage - the stipulation is that you must wear a crash helmet
You must have a valid MOT even if you don't bother under the new regulations, this is for the circuit as they will not be doing any race inspections as the day is not a race day.

You are given some instruction and then you drive around the circuit with staged laps being every 15 minutes and this goes on throughout the day.

It is purely to drive your car on a race circuit and have that experience.

More to follow regarding dates....but for any of these space will be limited so hence the request for EOI
rjhornby

Post by rjhornby »

Hi Clive,

I'm interested in Prescott!
Undecided yet if the car would be up to a track outing :shock: but depending on the details I could be interested in that also!

Colin,

Regarding insurance for track day - I've done track days before and you're normally told the venue has public liability insurance which is the bare minimum for the event to take place and doesn't really cover you as a participant for much at all. Any additional cover is your responsibility, it's not required but it is recommended. Many companies like Adrian Flux do 1 day track insurance with varying degrees of cover.

Previously I didn't bother with insurance because it was a private event through a club so it was all people I knew and trusted to follow the rules; if everyone follows the rules and listens to the instructions given I would say it's considerably safer than driving to Tesco on a Sunday!

Probably more worrying is your breakdown cover is likely void and they can refuse to help you (or at least charge you) if they even suspect you've been on a track...
1972 Jensen Healey (1140/10218)
JHV8

Post by JHV8 »

Hi Clive, interested in the Castle Coomb event.
16 valves but 4 extra pistons.

Rob d'Eca
JH-V8 - 13296
JOC No. 8081

https://www.printwell.london/deca/

Clive Bishop

Post by Clive Bishop »

JHV8 wrote:Hi Clive, interested in the Castle Coomb event.

Hi Rob,

Please see the separate entry in the events forum here: https://www.joc.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=28659" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; regarding the Track Day event

Clive

Return to “Events”