JOC International Weekend 2019

Post advance news of events you will be attending
kees

JOC International Weekend 2019

Post by kees »

Somewhere I read that the 2019 JOC Int. Weekend is held in East Yorkshire, Mercury Grange Park Hotel in Willerby but I cannot find it on the JOC website and I have no idea where I read it before.
Are there any more details?

Kees Oudesluijs
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
David Devine

Re: JOC International Weekend 2019

Post by David Devine »

CONFIRMED : Next years JOC International will be held on 21st-23rd June 2019 @ Grange Park Hotel , Willerby , Hull HU10 6EA.

Hi Kees it's on Facebook.
kees

Post by kees »

That is only less than a 30 mile trip from home!! :(
Kees Oudesluijs
J-H MkII, 1974
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

kees wrote:That is only less than a 30 mile trip from home!! :(
Kees Oudesluijs
Come via Eurotunnel, you could make it almost 500 miles each way instead.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Barrie
Tupperware Extraordinaire!

Post by Barrie »

Hmmm.
Hull.
That's four and a half hours from me assuming a clear road. It'll give Scottish members a chance of showing their cars.
I hope its a cool day. These things matter in a C-V8.
Also I hope we have a segregated parking area without other hotel patron's vehicle access.
This year at Malvern was, ermmmmm, 'challenging'.
It was so jam-packed that some poor patron of the Abbey Hotel got flummoxed after hitting one car and then ricocheted into another. And then another. Thankfully a well-known JOC member persuaded her to step out of the car and take a deep breath before proceeding.
Similar thing at a Bristol Car meeting last weekend at Hendon with no crowd-control. Several vehicle bumps and one dozy person who was distracted admiring the stock (me) getting bumped by a reversing car.
Anyway, I'm sure it'll be worth the drive.
See you all there :)
“Even in a time of elephantine vanity and greed, one never has to look far to see the campfires of gentle people." Garrison Keillor
kees

Post by kees »

Chris_R wrote:
Kees Oudesluijs
Just did that last week. I hate the M25!! I had to bring back a hire car from the Netherlands to Luton Airport in a hurry. Got off the M25 to take the Blackwall tunnel and the A205 North Circular instead. I was amazed that it was so quiet during peak hour. Nothing like the old days in the early seventies when I had to tackle the North Circular and A10 everyday.
Kees Oudesluijs
J-H MkII, 1974
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

kees wrote:
Chris_R wrote:
Kees Oudesluijs
I hate the M25!!

So do most people in the UK I use to use it everyday, makes any of the three Paris ring roads and Rome ring road look simple, for sure they are more entertaining
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

kees wrote:
Chris_R wrote:
Kees Oudesluijs
Just did that last week. I hate the M25!! I had to bring back a hire car from the Netherlands to Luton Airport in a hurry. Got off the M25 to take the Blackwall tunnel and the A205 North Circular instead. I was amazed that it was so quiet during peak hour. Nothing like the old days in the early seventies when I had to tackle the North Circular and A10 everyday.
Kees Oudesluijs
Yes, most of us hate the M25 but it's an evil necessity sometimes and if you want it's only a short stretch to cross the river on the east of London and then you can leave it and go via non-motorway roads. Alternatively, come via Harwich then and drive up the east coast via places like Great Yarmouth, Cromer, Hunstanton, Skegness, maybe drop in to Lincoln as well. That'd be at least 300 miles. Just offering suggestions to extend your 30 miles journey from home to Willerby!
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
kees

Post by kees »

Anne Marie will have an answer to that. I presume she will find plenty of National Trust houses and gardens in the area. We will probably start with the International and after that extend our journey up North or West for about a week sightseeing, staying in nice AirBnB places.
Kees Oudesluijs
J-H MkII, 1974
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

I would maybe bypass Skegness, but the rest I would agree with :)
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
luthervandog

Post by luthervandog »

Hi, Reply noted re events on Facebook previously. Can you tell me which FB Group JOC Events are posted to as I don't think I've seen them.

Thanks
Jayne
CV8 104/2190
BMW F700GS
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

It should be in the club events diary.

I will add the details this weekend (not my job but half the stuff I end up doing isn't), I also need to do the booking page.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

Gents,

It in the events diary & JOC Facebook page,

and has been for sometime.

John P
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

The direct link from the menu went to last year's event, now fixed.

I have also updated the details with costs etc.

Please note that you will be able to give a non-refundable deposit to secure a room, last year if all the people that stayed there had booked by the cut-off date we could have secured the use of the whole car park.

Booking form will be available this weekend.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Stuartjensen
JOC International Weekend Organiser

Post by Stuartjensen »

International Weekend 2019
This year’s International Weekend will be at the Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel on 21st,22nd & 23rd June. This hotel is again one built beside a traditional 19th century manor house boasting 12 acres of landscaped gardens. We also have the use of a huge car park (even bigger if no-one will be using the helipad!), better still it is totally flat.

The hotel has a Health Spa and pool use of which is included in our package, as is the hotel WiFi. Interestingly the hotel has a policy of supporting local art and artists and is adorned with numerous examples.

On Saturday morning we will hold out Annual General Meeting (AGM) your chance to hear what is planned and influence it should you wish. Following this we will embark on our planned drive through the beautiful Yorkshire countryside incorporating lunch.

In the evening we will have our annual dinner dance, this will include Ian Northeast describing the heroic expedition to demonstrate the fastest C-V8 and possibly the fastest Jensen on the Bonneville Salt Flats, entertainment and dancing.

The ever popular Concours competition will take place on Sunday despite rumours of its demise, once again organised by Helen Newby, please see separate article. We will again be having Bench Marking, allowing experienced owners of your model to provide helpful comments and hints on your model. The club provides valuations for members, a limited number of appointments will be available at the weekend (eliminating unnecessary travel). It is of course essential to book appointments for both Bench Marking and valuations.

Again we will be offering this as a package (dinner on Friday, lunch on Saturday and Sunday, Dinner Dance on Saturday), full details on the form in the next club magazine. You may however find it more convenient to use the online booking system through the club website which will also facilitate online payment, available very soon.

Stuart Allan
Attachments
mercure-hull-grange-park-hotel-exterior-and-spa-02-lr-061417.jpg
mercure-hull-grange-park-hotel-exterior-and-spa-02-lr-061417.jpg (267.94 KiB) Viewed 5370 times
mercure-hull-grange-park-hotel-classic-double-room-02-lr-061417.jpg
mercure-hull-grange-park-hotel-classic-double-room-02-lr-061417.jpg (143.48 KiB) Viewed 5370 times
Pool (1).JPG
Pool (1).JPG (167.84 KiB) Viewed 5370 times
Stuart Allan
Jensen Healey Owner for four decades
Now an SP as well

Return to “Events”