Ferguson Formula Day at Gaydon - 5 August 2018

Post advance news of events you will be attending
shaun

Ferguson Formula Day at Gaydon - 5 August 2018

Post by shaun »

Thought there may be some of you out there interested in this.

Ferguson Formula Get-together
British Motor Museum, Gaydon, Warwickshire
August 5 2018
From Bill Munro

In the research for my Ferguson Formula book, Traction for Sale it has been a real pleasure to correspond with so many of you and where I've had the chance, to meet up with you. The car owners amongst you have gone to extraordinary lengths to restore your cars, and the former employees of Harry Ferguson Research and FF Developments have retained the fascination they have with the company and the technology and this has given the story a real sparkle.

With Traction for Sale due for publication at the end of May, I think it's time for us to get together. My choice of venue is the British Motor Museum at Gaydon, which is as close to the centre of England as you can get. The Museum hosts a number of major shows throughout the year, which attract huge visitor numbers and spaces are allocated to car clubs and groups to exhibit alongside the main show.

I'd like us to be one of those side exhibits and the event I have provisionally chosen is the Classic Van and Pickup Magazine Show on Sunday, August 5 (the BMM no longer hold the autumn classic car event, which would have been my number one choice). CVP magazine is one of Kelsey Media's titles and their editor in chief has expressed an interest in the book, so I hope he will give us some coverage in the wide range of car magazines the group publishes.

I need to let the Museum know very soon whether I can bring together enough vehicles to put on a show. If you would like to come along with your Ferguson Formula car, please let me know by April 30. I would think having just five vehicles would be enough to justify arranging the event, but of course it will be great to see more.

It’s a rule of the BMM to charge anyone who takes part in these side exhibits the museum admission fee of £10 for adults (it applies to all qualifying vehicle occupants, not the vehicle itself). Much as I'd like to, I can’t pay the entry fee for all of you who bring a car, but I will pay the cost of five adults* who bring FF cars. If you can't bring your car, please do come along anyway and meet your fellow enthusiasts.

Best regards

Bill Munro
To tell me if you are able to come,
Email me at bill@earlswoodpress.co.uk
Mobile - call or text 07748 782437
Land line 01737 767517

Please feel free to share this message with anyone else you know who might be interest

*Selected at random - probably by pulling names out of a hat

Copyright © 2018 Earlswood Press, All rights reserved

Our mailing address is:
bill@earlswoodpress.co.uk

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
cannonball

Re: Ferguson Formula Day at Gaydon - 5 August 2018

Post by cannonball »

shaun wrote:Thought there may be some of you out there interested in this.

August 5 2018
From Bill Munro

In the research for my Ferguson Formula book, Traction for Sale it has been a real pleasure to correspond with so many of you and where I've had the chance, to meet up with you. The car owners amongst you have gone to extraordinary lengths to restore your cars, and the former employees of Harry Ferguson Research and FF Developments have retained the fascination they have with the company and the technology and this has given the story a real sparkle.

With Traction for Sale due for publication at the end of May, I think it's time for us to get together. My choice of venue is the British Motor Museum at Gaydon, which is as close to the centre of England as you can get. The Museum hosts a number of major shows throughout the year, which attract huge visitor numbers and spaces are allocated to car clubs and groups to exhibit alongside the main show.

I'd like us to be one of those side exhibits and the event I have provisionally chosen is the Classic Van and Pickup Magazine Show on Sunday, August 5 (the BMM no longer hold the autumn classic car event, which would have been my number one choice). CVP magazine is one of Kelsey Media's titles and their editor in chief has expressed an interest in the book, so I hope he will give us some coverage in the wide range of car magazines the group publishes.

I need to let the Museum know very soon whether I can bring together enough vehicles to put on a show. If you would like to come along with your Ferguson Formula car, please let me know by April 30. I would think having just five vehicles would be enough to justify arranging the event, but of course it will be great to see more.

It’s a rule of the BMM to charge anyone who takes part in these side exhibits the museum admission fee of £10 for adults (it applies to all qualifying vehicle occupants, not the vehicle itself). Much as I'd like to, I can’t pay the entry fee for all of you who bring a car, but I will pay the cost of five adults* who bring FF cars. If you can't bring your car, please do come along anyway and meet your fellow enthusiasts.

Best regards

Bill Munro
Land line 01737 767517

Please feel free to share this message with anyone else you know who might be interest

Why not arrange it at the Mopar nationals at santa pod raceway fri sat sun last weekend in july, you will be made most welcome no doubt I can get you a space allocated a very active venue the cars are old but not passed it,

Our mailing address is:

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

cannonball wrote:
shaun wrote:Thought there may be some of you out there interested in this.

August 5 2018
From Bill Munro

Best regards

Bill Munro
Land line 01737 767517

Why not arrange it at the Mopar nationals at santa pod raceway fri sat sun last weekend in july, you will be made most welcome no doubt I can get you a space allocated a very active venue the cars are old but not passed it,

Our mailing address is:

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

I am planning to take my FF to this.
If anyone else is interested, please may I suggest you contact Bill Munro directly - he needs to know numbers ASAP!!
Preferably with an FF car of any description!
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

cannonball wrote:
shaun wrote: Why not arrange it at the Mopar nationals at santa pod raceway fri sat sun last weekend in july, you will be made most welcome no doubt I can get you a space allocated a very active venue the cars are old but not passed it.
It's being arranged by one of the chaps who's written the book "Traction For Sale" about all FF cars - not just Jensen. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Traction-Sale- ... 0993101860
A Mopar event sounds cool but, for the owners of vehicles made by AMC, Range Rover, Ford, Vauxhall, the P99 race car and Lancia etc. might not be so interested!
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
shiraz kid

Post by shiraz kid »

I'll be there with my FF.

Cheers,

Shiraz kid.
Helen

Post by Helen »

Sadly I can't make it as there is a family gathering in the Lakes!
Helen Newby
J-H II/FF II
shaun

Post by shaun »

Ferguson Formula Day CANCELLED

From Bill Munro
August 5 2018

For those of you with whom I am not Facebook friends, or those of you whom I haven't emailed directly, you may not know that I was admitted to hospital last Tuesday after suffering a TIA (that's a mini-stroke). I was discharged on Saturday lunchtime. I must admit I got away very lightly and am generally very well, although I need to take things a bit steadier for a while.

This has put the publication date of the book out of kilter and as a result I took the early decision to cancel the 4-Wheel Drive day. I have rescheduled the publication date of the book to May 28 2019, a year hence. This will give me much more time to finish the book and, on personal note to reschedule what has been far too tight a programme.

Tom Caren, the events organiser at Gaydon tells me there is another event in the spring of 2019 that would be suitable for a similar event, so I hope we can hold it then.

My apologies for this and my very grateful thanks to all who had agreed to come along, with or without vehicles

Best regards

Bill Munro

If you have any queries please contact me:
Email bill@earlswoodpress.co.uk
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822

Return to “Events”