JOC Open Day - 15th April 2018 - Request for Questions

Post advance news of events you will be attending
shaun

JOC Open Day - 15th April 2018 - Request for Questions

Post by shaun »

The annual Open Day is nearly with us. In order to get the afternoon's Question and Answer session off and running, I would be pleased to receive any questions you may have to ask the "panel." Please forward anything you may wish to ask to chairman@joc.org.uk.
Attachments
DSC00042.JPG
DSC00042.JPG (72.78 KiB) Viewed 3035 times
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
colin7673
now normal...

Re: JOC Open Day - 15th April 2018 - Request for Questions

Post by colin7673 »

Really, you email committee members and lucky get a reply, so what would be different here?
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
shiraz kid

Post by shiraz kid »

Hi Colin,
That’s not fair - many committee members do respond to their emails, including me!

It’s an honest attempt by Shaun and the committee to tease out any issues within the JOC and talk about them with the members at an open meeting.

Isn’t that a good thing?

Cheers,

Editor.
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

colin7673 wrote:Really, you email committee members and lucky get a reply, so what would be different here?

Colin

it is standard committee practice to 'request' prior notification of questions. And, in this case, it would allow those being asked questions to research and prepare answers. Although this is not an AGM, where, as you probably know, questions should normally be submitted prior to the meeting. In this instance it would be 'nice' to pre-warn our volunteer committee members. If you look at PM's question time you will see that the PM arrives with a seriously thick file with every conceivable question her team think will be asked flagged up with answers, many of which are from her own backbenchers and have been planted. However the aim of the opposition is to bounce the PM and embarrass the government and score political points. I am not sure that applies to our friendly club when the committee are looking for a steer on the way forward.
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Steve, thank you for your words I have already aired my thoughts with a committee members about this issue and he has taken it on board.

I am sure you will understand that on an open forum like this it isn't always best to "wash your laundry' in public, but sometimes a quick comment on a subject like this gains a reply
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
shaun

Post by shaun »

I think perhaps my request may have been misunderstood.
I was looking for questions for the AFTERNOON session to put to former JML employees regarding the workings, history, development, day to day existence etc of Carters Green and Kelvin Way.
Having said that the Committee is always ready to receive comments, suggestions and alike regarding the running of the Club at any time. However, the last Committee meeting was poorly attended due to the inclement weather and a number of items that were for discussion were not discussed. These will be addressed in due course. The most significant of these being the future both of Regalia and Concours.
I will be to the point here, whilst many good ideas are often put forward, what is missing is the person or persons willing to stand up to the mark to see them through.
I look forward to responses.
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
AlistairT

Post by AlistairT »

Weather looks like it might be ok on Sunday. Cloudy and dry around 14 degrees fingers crossed. See you all around 10 am.
Cheers Alistair
Alistair Thomas
Lancashire
541R

Return to “Events”