The Jensen Owners' Club A technical and discussion forum for all Jensen enthusiasts It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:58 pm

Events

NEC Classic car show

Post advance news of events you will be attending

by zacmarshall » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:49 pm

A couple of photos of the stand

20171109_141304.jpg
20171109_141304.jpg (167.67 KiB) Viewed 507 times


20171109_150151.jpg
20171109_150151.jpg (169.93 KiB) Viewed 507 times
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
User avatar
zacmarshall
Site Admin and JOC IT Officer
 
Posts: 4405
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:22 pm
Location: Bristol, UK

by zacmarshall » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:53 pm

20171109_150201.jpg
20171109_150201.jpg (177.93 KiB) Viewed 506 times


20171109_141515.jpg
20171109_141515.jpg (198.76 KiB) Viewed 506 times
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
User avatar
zacmarshall
Site Admin and JOC IT Officer
 
Posts: 4405
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:22 pm
Location: Bristol, UK

by Jens » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:59 pm

Bright colours - great !! 8) 8) 8)
In order of appearance:

C-V8 Mk III 112/2432
541 S 102/1035
FF MkII 127/243
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
Jensen GT 1610/30257
C-V8 Mk III 112/2326
User avatar
Jens
Dr. Umlaut & Area Rep for Germany
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:17 pm
Location: Dresden, Germany

by Kevin Birch » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:47 pm

Visited the stand today, and thought a nice clear stand, and after having just Interceptors last year, its good to see the other models represented, so the public can be educated. A nice bright stand, unlike the dull bland Lamborghini stand next to it, where dark cars and no lighting meant you couldn't actually see the cars. Pity we couldn't have had the Pistacio FF to really set the stand off, but well done Alan & Chris for stepping in at the last minute with their beautiful car.
Well done all involved in arranging and setting it up.
My Toys: Lotus Cortina MK2.RangeRover P38, Yam inflatable.
Mk1 Interceptor, 115/3067
User avatar
Kevin Birch
 
Posts: 598
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 10:07 pm
Location: UK

by Arcnewal » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:05 am

I agree with the lighting on the stand as to how was very well lit compared to some other stands in the arena. Not sure why the Club would display the C-V8 that was on the stand, it seems a complete waste of a one owner car and would've been much better to see a standard C-V8.

Image

Image

Image

Image
Lawrence
Interceptor III (ex Mike Yarwood)

Image
User avatar
Arcnewal
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:17 am
Location: Essex, UK

by Peter Heywood » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:33 am

Arcnewal wrote: Not sure why the Club would display the C-V8 that was on the stand, it seems a complete waste of a one owner car and would've been much better to see a standard C-V8.


It was inspirational to see someone having fun, amid all the hype on rarity and values.
Peter Heywood
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:39 pm
Location: Suffolk

by Martin R » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:44 pm

Arcnewal wrote:I agree with the lighting on the stand as to how was very well lit compared to some other stands in the arena. Not sure why the Club would display the C-V8 that was on the stand, it seems a complete waste of a one owner car and would've been much better to see a standard C-V8.


Lighting on any club stand does make a world of difference!
I actually thought it brilliant to see Ian Northeast's C-V8 on the JOC club stand - it makes a welcome change to see someone pushing the boundaries and for a thought provoking challenge and, something which will undoubtedly raise the profile of Jensen, whether he succeeds or not!
In my opinion it's far better than row-upon-row of shiny prestige examples (yes, I did show my own in that latter category some years ago!) and it made the JOC stand all the more interesting.
Whilst you may feel it a shame to do this to a one owner car, I remember seeing it 10 years ago when it was as rough as anything and, in fact, on fire in Germany :shock:

It's also my understanding that the car can be put back to original without too much bother.
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
User avatar
Martin R
 
Posts: 4122
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:04 pm
Location: Chipping Norton, & Sydney Australia

by Chris_R » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:48 pm

Martin R wrote:
Arcnewal wrote:I agree with the lighting on the stand as to how was very well lit compared to some other stands in the arena. Not sure why the Club would display the C-V8 that was on the stand, it seems a complete waste of a one owner car and would've been much better to see a standard C-V8.


Lighting on any club stand does make a world of difference!
I actually thought it brilliant to see Ian Northeast's C-V8 on the JOC club stand - it makes a welcome change to see someone pushing the boundaries and for a thought provoking challenge and, something which will undoubtedly raise the profile of Jensen, whether he succeeds or not!
In my opinion it's far better than row-upon-row of shiny prestige examples (yes, I did show my own in that latter category some years ago!) and it made the JOC stand all the more interesting.
Whilst you may feel it a shame to do this to a one owner car, I remember seeing it 10 years ago when it was as rough as anything and, in fact, on fire in Germany :shock:

It's also my understanding that the car can be put back to original without too much bother.

I haven't visited the NEC show this year but I agree with Martin's sentiments. Sometimes too many shiny cars can get a bit samey.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
User avatar
Chris_R
 
Posts: 4329
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:19 am
Location: South West London

by Jens » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:02 pm

Martin R wrote:
Arcnewal wrote:... Not sure why the Club would display the C-V8 that was on the stand, it seems a complete waste of a one owner car and would've been much better to see a standard C-V8.


...
I actually thought it brilliant to see Ian Northeast's C-V8 on the JOC club stand - it makes a welcome change to see someone pushing the boundaries and for a thought provoking challenge and, something which will undoubtedly raise the profile of Jensen, whether he succeeds or not!
In my opinion it's far better than row-upon-row of shiny prestige examples (yes, I did show my own in that latter category some years ago!) and it made the JOC stand all the more interesting.
Whilst you may feel it a shame to do this to a one owner car, I remember seeing it 10 years ago when it was as rough as anything and, in fact, on fire in Germany :shock:

It's also my understanding that the car can be put back to original without too much bother.


Completely agree Martin.

We have all seen many polished and shining cars, just a great opportunity taken by the stand organisers to show what can be done with our cars too. And I fully support Ian's lunatic idea of creating the fastest Jensen ever you really need balls to do something like that.

Here are Ian, Peter and the car 10 years ago in Saarburg after the fire was extinguished. We had loads of fun and laughter:
Attachments
S8000336.JPG
S8000336.JPG (189.37 KiB) Viewed 340 times
In order of appearance:

C-V8 Mk III 112/2432
541 S 102/1035
FF MkII 127/243
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
Jensen GT 1610/30257
C-V8 Mk III 112/2326
User avatar
Jens
Dr. Umlaut & Area Rep for Germany
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:17 pm
Location: Dresden, Germany

by Stef » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:14 pm

I’ve visited the stand today and I want to make the organisers a great compliment. It looked very, very nice. Nice cars, nice people and a great looking stand.
I regret there was no time for me left to have a chat due to some appointments I had made but I enjoyed the way Jensen was exposed to the public. Comments from spectators around me where more then positive ! At this moment I’m on the ferry back to Holland but it was worthwhile.
User avatar
Stef
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:51 pm
Location: Kamerik, Netherlands.

by Ian Northeast » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:58 pm

IMG_20171111_150854.jpg
You meet the weirdest people on the JOC stand.
IMG_20171111_150854.jpg (138.61 KiB) Viewed 283 times
IMG_20171110_145206.jpg
All three of the team. Myself the good lady and our co-pilot.
IMG_20171110_145206.jpg (137.27 KiB) Viewed 283 times

We would like to take this opportunity to thank the committee and the organisers of the NEC show.
Without the support of the JOC our project would be a major struggle.
In the first day we secured coverage in nine magazines and websites all of which are spreading the Jensen marque to new people.
I spent three days on the stand and met so many interested and interesting people. The general concensus was all very positive. The car itself drew a number of people to the stand because 'it's not as shiny as all the other cars in the show!'
Obviously there was a lot of people that weren't aware of the C-V8 but also a number that were very impressed that the club were happy to support such endeavour.
One of the reasons I started this project was to try and inspire people to not only drive their cars but also to think about doing something a little unusual with them. I am not recommending anything quite as extreme as mine but a trip to the shops keeps the car on the road.
I did meet a gentleman that has a 1914 Triumph motorcycle, since his retirement twenty years ago he has driven it all over europe and written a couple of books about his experiences.
Well done to all the people that worked on the stand over the days and then had to put up with me rattling on in the evenings. It was a wonderful social event as much as hard work during the days. I feel I have made a lot of new friends.

Ian
Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
User avatar
Ian Northeast
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: Horley, Surrey

by Martin R » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:31 pm

Ian, a friend and neighbour of mine (John) spent some time chatting with you. An older gentleman who once owned a 541 back in the 70s.
He was most impressed with your efforts, although he did mention something about you possibly being just a little bit crazy...
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
User avatar
Martin R
 
Posts: 4122
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:04 pm
Location: Chipping Norton, & Sydney Australia

by Jens » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:35 pm

Martin R wrote:Ian, a friend and neighbour of mine (John) spent some time chatting with you. An older gentleman who once owned a 541 back in the 70s.
He was most impressed with your efforts, although he did mention something about you possibly being just a little bit crazy...


A little bit? :D
In order of appearance:

C-V8 Mk III 112/2432
541 S 102/1035
FF MkII 127/243
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
Jensen GT 1610/30257
C-V8 Mk III 112/2326
User avatar
Jens
Dr. Umlaut & Area Rep for Germany
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:17 pm
Location: Dresden, Germany

by Martin R » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:47 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
User avatar
Martin R
 
Posts: 4122
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:04 pm
Location: Chipping Norton, & Sydney Australia

Previous

Return to Events