Retro Festival de la Cote d'Opal - Marquise, France

Post advance news of events you will be attending
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Retro Festival de la Cote d'Opal - Marquise, France

Post by Chris_R »

This is an event with a difference that I have just discovered. The town of Marquise is situated in the Pas de Calais about mid-way between Calais and Boulogne just off the A16 Autoroute. Very easy to reach from the UK, just 20 minutes by Autoroute or 30 minutes by Route Domestique from the Eurotunnel terminal.
On Sunday 29th July 2018, 9am - 9pm the town puts on a '60s festival and bans all modern cars from the town, only classic cars are permitted.
A city emptied of its modern car to accommodate vintage vehicles. More than 150 volunteers in periode costumes. A 1960’s campsite re-enacted in a park with pond, concerts, exhibitions, vintage market, street performances, véhicles and period decor to dive you in 1960, that’s the Rétro Festival de la Côte d’Opale.
More information here: https://retrofestivalcotedopale.com/presentationgb/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I haven't found the cutoff date for vehicles yet on their website but I think certainly 541, C-V8 and Mk1 Interceptor owners (Mk2 might be able to sneak in!) would qualify if anyone fancies a day out in France and dressing up at the same time!
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
kees

Re: Retro Festival de la Cote d'Opal - Marquise, France

Post by kees »

This looks like a very nice event. I think I will try to sneak in with our J-H. Only a 3-hours drive.
Kees Oudesluijs
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
hlequippe

Post by hlequippe »

Furthermore, if you come with a vintage car, Food is free for driver and passenger and if you come with your vintage tent or camper, campsite is free
Hervé Lequippe
Paris, France
Int III 133/5767 1972 Grey/Red interior
Triumph Spitfire 1500FH 1976 White/black
Porsche 911 993 CarreraS 1997 Blue/Grey
Triumph Spitfire Works Le Mans 1964/1965 "ADU3B" (Project)
Peugeot 206 cc 2001 Silver Grey/Blue
kees

Post by kees »

But what is the cut-off date?
Kees Oudesluijs
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

I have been in contact with the organiser about arranging a possible JOC group to visit and got this reply:
we shall do our very best to welcome your club at our Festival ! No need to worry about years of the cars, we accept 70's cars too.
If your idea is well received by Jensen owners, we will help you to organize your arrival, your club exhibit and your accommodation near the Rétro Festival.
Looks like I have an event to organise :D
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------

Return to “Events”